[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reminder that there was a time when anime could have been saved.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

reminder that there was a time when anime could have been saved.

do you remember, /a/?
>>
>>113433770
His stuff was never successful, except with the arthouse crowd and us westerners. He wouldn't have saved anything, as otaku don't recognize quality at all.
>>
>>113434006
Unfortunately this. This whole industry is sustained by cunts who went let the mediums potential be reached.
>>
>>113433770
>look up "Black Swan (2010 film)" and "Requiem for a Dream" on Wikipedia
>ctrl+f "plagiarism" 0 results
>ctrl+f "perfect blue" 0 results

Robbed from the motherfucking grave. Just one more reason to not give whorelywood any of my money.
>>
>>113434272
Aronofsky never made a secret of ripping of Kon(in Fact he bought the rights for Perfect Blue so he could legally copy some visuals) and every film nerd who cares already knows it.
>>
>>113434272
Darren Aronofsky is a hack. What else haven't we heard?
>>
File: 455365.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
455365.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>113434272
At least Nolan freely admitted that Paprika was an inspiration for Inception.
>>
>>113434484
and it worked out well, because while there were similarities in the "dream sharing," the rest of the film was able to stand on its own merits.
>>
>>113434565
True. Both are pretty legendary directors. Just wish that both were still around making awesome shit for us to watch.
>>
>>113434006
Where do directors like Satoshi Kon and Mamoru Oshii get the money to keep on making these types of movies? I mean, has even one of them turned a profit?
>>
>>113434484
Damn right. Also, not a Jew. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>113434272

Haven't watched Perfect Blue but from the description it sounds like he ripped off Stephen King first
>>
File: shocking truth.jpg (92KB, 814x741px) Image search: [Google]
shocking truth.jpg
92KB, 814x741px
>>113433770
>it's been four years
Why does this scare me so much?
>>
>>113434609

Pretty good question. Both are revered by the arthouse crowd and hardcore film nerds(don't forget: Tokyo Godfathers was an Oscar Nominee back then) and those guys tend to be massive buyfags. Both of them always got much love and support from the west.

>>113434272
>>113434484
>>113435105

After the first people realized the similarities between Paprika and Inception, Kon wrote a blog post about how almost every work of art is influenced by an earlier one.Tokyo Godfathers is also based on the Three Godfathers(like hundreds of other movies). In the end, the execution is the important thing.
>>
>>113433770
Who else do we have that even rivals him anymore? Miyazaki? Oshii I guess? ABe has some impressive work too but he's more of an animator/artist than a director, and afaik he's been on hiatus for years now.

It really kind of depresses me how slim the stock is of directors and artists like him in the industry. In all honestly the biggest problem with the anime industry, creatively speaking, is the severe lack of quality writers and directors of comparable caliber.
>>
>>113435105
Actually more Alfred Hitchcock than Stephen King. I've always thought Perfect Blue was a movie Hitchcock would have made if he'd been a Japanese animator rather than British.
>>
>>113437306
>In all honestly the biggest problem with the anime industry, creatively speaking, is the severe lack of quality writers and directors of comparable caliber.

This.
>>
>The Dreaming Machine will never come to fruition
>>
>>113438138
>Hirasawa will never write another soundtrack for anime
>>
>>113438138
That's probably a good thing.
>>
>>113438209
>P-Model will never make another album
>>
>>113438671
Didn't he made another P-Model band where he does everything by himself? I haven't listened to it yet.
>>
>>113434395
No, in an interview he said that Black Swan was never inspired in any way by Perfect Blue, even though he said there were some similarities. Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>113438741
Yeah, he's done a couple albums himself as "Kaku P-Model". It's basically just P-Model in name only, though - he's the only one in it.
>>
>>113433770
Millenium Actress>Perfect Blue>Paprika>Tokyo Godfathers>Paranoia Agent

Still all of them would outclass almost all current modern anime
>>
>>113439080
Perfect Blue>Paranoia Agent>Paprika>Tokyo Godfathers>Millenium Actress.
>>
>>113438876
It's quite good stuff though
>>
>>113438834
Of course he did. It doesn't change the fact.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.