[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fansubgroups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: DCXi6.jpg (720KB, 3185x1348px) Image search: [Google]
DCXi6.jpg
720KB, 3185x1348px
Seeing how a lot of you dislike CR and the speedsubbing that follows with HS, it would be interesting to know what Fansubgroups you recommend. I don't speak moon so I never really know if the subbers pull a commie or not.
>>
It varies depending on the staff and the show.
>>
>>111412674
I usually go with Horriblesubs at first, and then some big-name subber like Coalgirls or Eclipse for BD releases. UTW's pretty good too. Otherwise I'm seldom that picky about my choices.
>>
check this out
>>
You should be more worried about Horrible's awful video quality and typesetting
>>
>>111412929
what if
really
if
I somehow may or may not actually
be able to watch animu with VLC without getting eyecancer?
Surely the videoquality wouldn't be a problem for me?
And I'm not really sure what you mean with typesetting. Do you mean the font?
>>
>>111413013
Go away.
>>
Nobody who watches subs will be able to tell you which subgroub is good, since none of them know jap, and those who know jap don't bother with subgroups.
>>
There is no "best fansub group". It depends on who is actually working on the release, and how interested they are in it.
>>
>>111413013
>using VLC
>>
>not being raw masterrace
lol
>>
>>111413127
make me

>>111412901
I found Coalgirls and UTW sites with a simple google search but not Eclipse. Do they have something else?

>>111413174
Fair enough but I guess some people can still tell when something is of higher quality than something else.

>>111413198
I never really said "best", it's more about who does a good job.

>>111413204
sorry, might switch back to that classic movie viewer stuff again
>>
>>111412674
The 4kids one had me dying
>>
>>111412674
>japanese food modded into fork and burger

gets me every time
>>
>>111413013
>able to watch animu with VLC

>>111413278
>I found Coalgirls and UTW sites with a simple google search but not Eclipse.

How fucking new are you?
>>
>>111413174
But there are people who knows only a portion of Japanese because they only started learning. These people are the most vocal because they watch subs while also understand a bit about what the character's talking about.
These people will shove it in your face which subs are good and which are not.
>>
Do think any small groups will pop up with people from /a/ anytime soon? Ones who actually translate? I know some scanlators come from here sometimes
>>
>>111413460
>Do think any small groups will pop up with people from /a/ anytime soon?
This has happened several times. Even fucking Underwater is runned by a guy from /a/.
>>
>>111413434
>How fucking new are you?
Very. I don't go to /a/ normally.
Can you actually answer my question or are you just gonna be unproductive and tell me to lurk more?
>>
>>111413448
I speak Jap and I have watched fansubs at my friend's house.
They range from meh to kind of bad.
If you don't speak Japanese, professionally-subbed is always better.
If you want something well, you need an expert who needs payment. Becoming a translator takes years of dedicated work and knowledge of your source material and culture so that you can pick up on the littlest things a native would notice. Not Johnny Fuckstick you met on the internet who can like, totally do it fer free guys.

What does Joker say? "If you're good at something NEVER do it for free."

People who can translate properly do just that.
>>
>>111412929
The less typesetting the better. I want to watch anime and not admire some kids karaoke coding skills.
>>
>>111413550
Seeing as you'd probably find out the answer to your questions within a day from being on /a/, I'm going to refrain from answering.
>>
File: its-shit.jpg (291KB, 580x757px) Image search: [Google]
its-shit.jpg
291KB, 580x757px
>this thread

This is why people need to fucking lurk more. God damn. Stop being a stupid faggot. Disconnect your keyboard from the computer if you're finding it so difficult not to type a bunch of stupid shit.
>>
>>111413592
>If you don't speak Japanese, professionally-subbed is always better.
It's not like we have a choice in this matter.
Speedsubs is never a good subs and the only choice we have for that professionally-subbed anime is a speedsubs.
>>
I dislike CR because some of their encodes are so dogshit. Not even about the subs for me.

Yeah I know some are passable before some faggot comes in and cherry picks as fuck, but some are just such shit. If I go with another real sub group I usually don't have to worry about this shit.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (158KB, 734x773px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
158KB, 734x773px
>>111412674
>>111413278
>>111413550
>>111413013
>make me
>I don't go to /a/ normally
This is not a proper attitude when you're asking help. This is also not a proper attitude anywhere on the internet. With an attitude like that, you can't pretty much start the usual boring discussion about sub comparisons and all its bitching, without being a double failure (make that triple, since you're on /a/). Also, you can't expect people to really cater to your demands when you don't really know basic things like 'typesetting'. It only demonstrates your lazy and utterly selfish attitude. You can't even google it yourself, and maybe start after you googled. Since this is an anonymous community, the first thing people would ask is, 'why should I help you?', and you fail at answering that with your attitude.
>>
>>111413278
>using subber's own sites instead of just looking through the usual torrent listings
>>
>>111414129
He probably doesn't know about them.
>>
Just let this thread die already you fucking newfags.
>>
>>111413592
>Becoming a translator takes years of dedicated work and knowledge of your source material and culture so that you can pick up on the littlest things a native would notice.

You think these are the kinds of people who work for CR? Good joke.

Professional translators like the ones you describe work for businesses and professional localisation companies where they get paid 3-4x as much as CR is willing to offer. Most/all of CR's translators are former fansubbers.
>>
>>111413592
The problem is that "Johnny Fuckstick you met on the internet" is the kind of people Funi et al. hire as translators.

Some of them happen to be good, but only by coincidence. Having a good translation is nowhere near a top priority for professional anime subtitling companies.

>>111413726
That's an overgeneralisation right there. The usual translation process doesn't take more than a few hours; slow fansubs are slow not necessarily because the individual tasks (TL/editing/timing/etc.) take a lot of time, but because a lot of time is spent sitting around doing nothing. (People busy with real life or just plain being lazy; there're many reasons fansubs get delayed.)

CR produces bad subtitles from time to time because they practically have a monopoly in the simulcast scene and don't really care. Sometimes they get their subtitles from external translators, where the quality can be even more variable.
>>
>>111416394
>>111416701
thans for bumping this epic thread
>>
>>111416761
Hey genius, how is this thread on page 5 if I bumped it with my post?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, by the way.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.