[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Non-specific anime talk. I find the problem with /a/ i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 26

ITT: Non-specific anime talk.

I find the problem with /a/ is everyone gets caught up in the details. People make up memes for every show and then try to unload them whenever they can, hampering honest-to-goodness discussion. Get comfy, listen to some smooth music (for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iazTQVi1CEE) and let's discuss why you watch anime, what anime you watch, and the general state of the industry, the way it was always meant to be.
>>
>>110690245
>dat video
>>
But that's not how autism works.
>>
I watch and read anything that even mildly interests me, but get bored of cliched and generic stories very quickly. Anime pander to those exact things to a certain extent, so I largely avoid watching them.

Manga, on the other hand, has a lot more variety available, so I'm reading and looking for a new read constantly. For some reason I enjoy inane, near-plotless shit quite a lot (Jin, Thermae Romae) but can't deal with a bunch of middle/high schoolers just hanging out.

I'm not sure what exactly makes a normal convert to /a/-related, but watching them destroy all the entry-level shit and complete reject everything that's even a little weird always bothers me. The obviously-normalfag threads that are a relative constant on /a/ don't really bother me, since they die so quickly.
>>
>>110690245
I like anime because it's short and easy to watch.
>what anime you watch
Only the best ones. I like simple things, but stuff like harems or ecchi are way to dumb for me to enjoy.
>and the general state of the industry
It's mass media so rather poor. Still much better than Western TV animation.
>>
>>110690245
>smooth music
>posts that
This had the makings of a good thread but I'm not sure what you did.
>>
>>110690245
>why you watch anime
2D is dead in the western world

>what anime you watch
Whatever I have on my HD at any present moment of time.

>the general state of the industry
Terrible since idolshit and CGI is just around the corner
>>
File: contemplatingloli.gif (453KB, 426x755px) Image search: [Google]
contemplatingloli.gif
453KB, 426x755px
>>110690245
>why

It's a good medium for storytelling, at first there was a lot of wonder behind it since everything from the language, to the music, to the way the characters acted was unfamiliar and fresh. Now I'm just addicted and can't watch things non anime because real people look gross.

>what

I always though everyone watched a little bit of everything, especially the more popular anime of a certain genre. I like Bebop, Monster, Monogatari, and Tatami. Ping Pong and NGNL last season. So far I've only been watching ZnT this season while catching up on my backlog. Darker Than Black is pretty neat, not very captivated yet, but it has a kind of careless tone like in Bebop, so I'm not really expecting it to have me on the edge of my seat, yet. I love shit that just caters and doesn't give two shits like NGNL and I'm planning to watch that yuri airing show because I'm a casual and stuff like that is fascinating to me. DEEPshit is probably why I still watch anime. Being told a nice story while being able to actually analyze and think about the characters and themes make certain shows feel so rewarding while being simultaneously entertaining.

>industry
Its shit, but most industries, especially media/art, are.
>>110690673
>get bored of cliched and generic stories very quickly

Like I said, I can love certain cliches, but only if they're honest about it and play it off comedically. Regardless if they're trying to be ironic or satirical, generic storylines are painful though.
>>
>>110690245
pretty sure you meant this anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3fZ8LXNs_E
>>
>>110690245
>Why do you watch anime?
I used to swing the /co/ way back in High School and early university, but then ponies and SJW happened. That and the old style of Western animation is basically dead, so there's nothing for me to go back to.

>What anime do you watch?
Anything that's not stupid or blatantly geared towards sexually frustrated highschool students. So, I only watch about 10% of what's out there.

>General State of the Industry
I hear it's not exactly great, and I've got a bad feeling about the future.
>>
File: nice try anon.png (83KB, 1897x126px) Image search: [Google]
nice try anon.png
83KB, 1897x126px
>>110690245
>not having youtube links display titles
>>
File: hitagiwink.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hitagiwink.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>110690931
>>110690245
>>110691921
>relaxing music for discussion

I wonder what 4chan would be like if this were played across all the boards.

the same, but more with more fedoras
>>
>why you watch anime
escapism
>what anime you watch
a lot of things, I enjoy the most the anime that can't make me feel something, I like the ones who manage to cheer me up.
>opinion on the industry
More anime each season, I like that, the decadency on people wanting to work in the industry is bad though (my only source are those interviews posted here about the lack of in-betweeners and people not wanting to work on animation in general) I don't care if the industry is otaku-oriented but if the media becomes even more mainstream and things like the space dandy model are profitable, that would be great.
>>
>>110692279
>but more with more
>>
>>110692279
Because I'm autistic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xixTiB6tJTM
>>
>>110690245
>Non-specific anime talk
Then it's not anime, it's called a meta thread.
>>
>>110692428
You can't be this dumb. It's still about anime, but it's non-specific. Meta is about the state of the board itself.
>>
>>110691006
>2D is dead in the western world
True. The plague is moving east now.
>>
File: agressivekindness.gif (974KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
agressivekindness.gif
974KB, 400x225px
>>110692428
k
>>
>the why
There are many reasons. One reason, and probably the biggest is because 2D animation is dead in the west and it's what I prefer by a huge margin. I also enjoy the variety, even if it's a bit stagnant it's not nearly as stagnant as the west.

>the what
Anything and everything. Does it look decent and have some element or another that interests me? I'll probably check it out. I usually stay away from harem comedies though because I've seen a few and a few is enough.

>state of affairs
I don't think it's too bad to be honest. I'm really enjoying this season for instance. However the more and more 3DCG is used the more worried I become.
>>
>>110692293
>why you watch anime
>escapism

I feel like that's most people for any medium. Escapism doesn't have to be a bad thing either, I'm probably melancholy with things at the worst, but even when people are completely content with their lives - who wouldn't want to immerse themselves in some universe where if something isn't pretty aesthetically, it's pretty in it's meaning and shit.
>>
File: tonight...you.png (483KB, 777x670px) Image search: [Google]
tonight...you.png
483KB, 777x670px
With every new season i watch less and less, have i become too picky ? I just don't feel like trying out shows that don't look appealing to me at first glance.
>>
>>110693249
It depends.

How new are you? Are you working on your backlog instead? Or do you have things in life stopping you from trying out new shows?
>>
File: ragisoulsearching.jpg (160KB, 1434x810px) Image search: [Google]
ragisoulsearching.jpg
160KB, 1434x810px
>>110692829
>I've seen a few and a few is enough.

Monogatari and NGNL are probably the closest I've come to harem, and just having watched those I have a difficulty believing there's actually a genre like harem in which anime is completely based off such shit.

Actual anime question I've had for awhile: Is Monogatari haremshit because it portrays harem in a good light or because it portrays it in a bad one. I understand it's not really a harem, but that is actually what made me consider this question.
>>
>>110693303
Nah it's just that i feel like i'm wasting my time with anything that is not the anime that i enjoy the most so i play it safe. For this reason i have no backlog.
i'm very new, how scared are you ?
>>
>>110693249
I fall in and out of it. I think you're fine. Spend a season or two doing backlog stuff and then a season will come along where you suddenly want to watch everything.
>>
>>110693942
If you're new then you should just work on a backlog for now. I had this notion when I was new as well that there would be a limited number of anime I will be able to enjoy and tried to savour each series really slowly but in reality, there are so many anime that you will like that you will probably never finish them in your lifetime.
>>
File: lick that thread.gif (537KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
lick that thread.gif
537KB, 300x302px
I like this thread, don't die thread.
>>
This is like one of those comfy threads on /sp/. I'll make a sandwich, get a cozy blanket and stuff. Sounds like it's going to be fun.

So, what does everyone think of the year so far?
>>
>>110696562
It's just build up until the Fall and Winter seasons in my opinion.
>>
This fall season looks excellent.
>>
manga question here:

what's the name of that manga with the 20 something year old guy that went back in time to when he was a kid, and ended up getting into ecchi situations with lolis?
>>
>>110697025
Is it just me or are Fall (and Winter by extension) Seasons always better/
>>
>>110696562
It's passed in a flash really.
>>
>>110696562
It's been fun enough. Spring was pretty lame but this season's alright. Somehow this though. >>110697135
>>
>>110697135
That's surprisingly profound
>>
>>110697199
Yeah Spring was pretty lame, but it did have some good points and /a/ was pretty fun.
>>
>>110697397
I think that's why it still passed by so fast. I had fun on /a/.
>>
/a/ comfy thread? I'm in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qU2MXeAz1E

I watch anime so 20 years from now, I can say I've seen what's worth watching of Japanese animation. So I watch things that I don't think I'll regret watching when I'm old and watching Western shows. That doesn't excuse the fact I watch seasonal chuu2 shit or pandering, but I finished Zipang and Rainbow this week, and feel more accomplished.

Industry hasn't changed as most people like to complain, and you still see good, avantgarde shows like Ping Pong and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita coming out.

>>110696562
Much, much stronger than last year. Fall will be amazing, even if /a/ will die.
>>
>>110697703
>/a/ will die
Please no. I like you guys.
>>
>>110697703
Man. That's one of my favorite Nujabes tracks for sure.
>>
>>110697703
So in your 20 years of anime watching, what anime do you think stood out the most for exceptional quality and just being really good in general?
>>
>>110698335
I was talking about how IN 20 years, I should be able to look back on my anime history and say I've watched good shows that I can be proud of watching. I haven't been watching for 20 years.
>>
>>110698486
Ah I see. My mistake.
>>
>>110690245
Honestly, I watch anime because I have nothing better to do. Most people have some kind of hobby they're into, but I don't really have one, so I guess anime/manga kind of fills this void for me.

I also enjoy watching anime with, browsing and posting on /a/. Of course most people here are extremely aggressive in their posting and it's a pretty hostile environment, and most outsiders would think it's crazy that I'd like an environment like this, but I guess it just feels like home to me. Honestly if /a/ wasn't a factor I probably wouldn't watch nearly as much anime if I did. I mean, I have fun and all watching anime but deep inside I'm not sure if I really think anime is better than western media or if that's just something I've convinced myself in order to justify watching anime.
>>
>>110690245
I'd rather have LCD meme threads then blog shit.

>>>/MAL/
>>>/LEBBIT/
>>
I'm thinking of picking up Glasslip. Seems like a fun and cozy anime to watch alone on the weekends? Should I?
>>
>>110699884
It's not cozy at all. You can watch 1 or 2 episodes to decide for yourself though.
>>
>>110699928
I will. I was really hoping for something cozy though. Maybe Winter will have something.
>>
>>110699884
It's not really cozy but it's not bad.
>>
>>110700133
Barakamon's pretty cozy honestly. I know it's overhyped by /a/ but it fits the bill.
>>
>>110700133
barakamo is the cozy anime of the season
I'm enjoying glasslip but there's quite a bit of drama, really not cozy at all
>>
>>110700238
Barakamon and Haikyuu are my anime of the season. Solid production values and animation, with lovable characters. OPs and EDs are also cozy as shit.
>>
File: monkeysweat.jpg (134KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
monkeysweat.jpg
134KB, 1360x768px
>>110699033

No one cares what kind of threads you want, anon, we're talking about anime here. Stop blogging.

>>110696562

Last season I thought was pretty enjoyable, but in an overused cliche, hype, and catering way (lolis vs bugs, NGNL, etc.).

Really liking Terror this season though, although it can easily turn to shit, it feels pretty fresh so far and I don't really think it will.

Next season, doe. I can't wait to see Monkey doing things and talking and such.

>>110697703

Is Terror avantgarde? I'm probably pretty average here in terms of my power level, but I haven't really heard of much (any) anime where the MCs are blatant (and not very likable) terrorists. I mean, Smile-kun is likable, but after that last episode it's clear that hes actually pretty sociopathic.
>>
>>110700497
It's certainly tackling the issue of terrorism more seriously than previous series (Code Geass: A show about terrorism) so it could be considered avantgarde when you consider the serious dirty, urban music and art style they're using. I personally wouldn't say so though, it's still well within the boundaries of generic. It's only the second episode, but the characters all fall flat and contrived for me.

Funny you mention ZnT as avantgarde though, I was trying to avoid the word "edgy" even though its correct definition could've been used.
>>
>>110700497
From the two episodes out so far, it seems like Terror will be a decent thriller like a hollywood movie, but not anything incredibly creative.
>>
File: not sure if true.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
not sure if true.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>110690245
>Get comfy, listen to some smooth music (for me: (Full video) Woman killed by brick through windshield *GRAPHIC*)
>>
File: loliimplications.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
loliimplications.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
>>110700359
>announcing reports
>announcing sages
>announcing shitposting
>calling a cozy thread meta

That's impressive, anon, excited to have you next summer.
>>
I liked the first episode of Terror and the soundtrack has some good pieces in it. Still need to get around to watching the second episode.
>>
>>110700932
I'm still not sure if the soundtrack was leaked or it was released on the air day.
>>
>>110700932
Lot of good soundtracks this season with big names. Even Akame ga Kill has Iwasaki behind it.
>>
File: smilelikevomit.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smilelikevomit.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>110700777
> I was trying to avoid the word "edgy" even though its correct definition could've been used.

I almost did, but since most people on this board (and anyone growing up on the internet now) isn't going to read it right.

>>110700822

This is what I'm worried it's going to turn into, but something about the mood to it (the juxtaposition between really beautiful scenes, soundtrack, etc. and a really dark terrorism related plot) that has me hoping it will be more than that.
>>
>>110701181
It's 12 episodes, so I'm not looking at anything too game-changing that doesn't destroy the whole series unless Urobuchi is revealed to have written the next episode or something.
>>
>>110700862
It's real anon
>>
>>110701265
His little pet project this season isn't that impressive to be honest. I'm disappointed.
>>
>>110701350
I think it's like Gargantia, where he's not writing everything and they're just plastering his name onto the staff sheets. There's time for it all to go wrong though. Or go right, but that's the optimistic view, and anime isn't an optimistic medium.
>>
>>110690245
Ah, human screams, the best music possible
>>
When I watch an anime, I need some sort of emotional connection to really enjoy it.
I just finished Gin no Saji S2 and I love its ability to really make me sympathize with the characters.

On the other hand, shows with good technical aspects but weak characterization like SAO don't do anything for me.

I essentially need a show to have strong characters that resonate with me to determine whether or not I enjoy it.

What are your main preferences?
>>
>>110701705
I like shows with a good story and/or interesting characters. Good setting is a must. Emotional connection is a bonus and very appreciated.
>>
>>110696562
>>110697703
>comfy

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>110701705
Perhaps Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun for a very lighthearted comedy with endearing characters, or Ao Haru Ride for a more dramatic romance spin. You might also try Barakamon - the characters are mostly one-dimensional but you can really feel the small-town atmosphere and the Yotsuba stand-in is lovable and cute.

I'm going to name Glasslip, but it's guaranteed drama and I don't think it's going to turn out very well.
>>
>>110701705
I find that while I truly enjoy shows like that on a deeper level, I still enjoy shows with strong technical aspects for what they are. It's good to see something with truly quality aesthetics.
>>
>>110702232
I'm probably going to check out Glasslip since PA Works have recently been making some great anime.
>>
File: 1866o5osbrhucjpg.jpg (47KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
1866o5osbrhucjpg.jpg
47KB, 970x546px
>>110701705
>What are your main preferences?
>weak characterization like SAO

I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed watching this stupid fucking anime. If you watch it like some twisted satirical anime, it's actually pretty funny. In that respect, I've been watching shallow hype shows more and more like NGNL for similar reasons.

My favorites are always pretentious hipster shit though like Ping-Pong from last season.

>>110701595

OP knows how to cozy-thread, he just cozies differently, anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azb28hq75Jc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34TszFS1OEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwbdWgvX560
>>
>>110701705
>Gin no Saji
Good taste. The episode in S2 after he collapses was really touching for me, especially how they used the music during the montage. All the characters didn't have problems out of the ordinary, they all felt very real, if not too close to home. It's hard for anime to get that to work.
>>
File: yotsubano.png (285KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
yotsubano.png
285KB, 1280x960px
>>110702088
nou
>>
>>110699884
nah its shit
>>
>>110702324
What other PA work shows should I check out if I like glasslip?
>>
>>110702506

Why don't you google it?
>>
>>110701705
I pretty much watch shows for how "interesting" they are. It's a subjective measurement, but I definitely gravitate towards shows that try something new or different. I once stumbled into a thread about good series to watch on drugs and everthing listed was something I liked or I'd planned to watch.
>>
>>110702384
Yeah, it felt really relatable and I loved how realistic it got. There wasn't a simple fix to Komaba's problems and watching the characters deal with that was so refreshing to see.

>>110702506
I haven't watched Glasslip yet but the last two PA Works were my favorites of theirs.
>>
>>110702377
All cozing is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suXiDL8BdhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm-Ijm5X84w
>>
>>110702572
obviously I know what shows PA works made, I was asking which of one them is most worth checking out in his opinion, which is not something I can google for
>>
>>110702675

So recommendations
>>
>>110702506
Nagi no Asukara definitely. I haven't seen them, but Tari Tari, Hanasaku Iroha, and True Tears get mentioned a lot in Glasslip threads and are probably somewhat similar.

Even though it isn't similar to the above at all, you should definitely watch Uchouten Kazoku. It's a story about a family, and it's based on a novel by the writer of Tamami Galaxy. IMO it was the best show to air last year.
>>
>>110702506
>>110702506
Nagi no Asukara, I guess. I can't handle love polygons and drama, I dropped it in three episodes, Glasslip in one. But each to their own, I suppose.
>>
>>110702763
*Tatami Galaxy, of course.
>>
>>110693249
At first glance might be misleading. It's better to think abot the shows more heavily. The most recent example for me was 2 years ago with Psycho-Pass, it didn't appeal to me at first glance so didn't care about it for 7-8 episodes in, then watched due to a gut feeling and regretted not having done so from the beginning.
Better to watch a smaller number of shows than to watch every single thing in a season though.
>>
>>110702763

I thought UK was a big disappointment, some good presentation marred by pretty bad last episodes (honestly everything after he met the professor) and saccharine moments.
>>
>>110692245

Sauce on the add-on please? Can it also make the link clickable?
>>
>>110702875

Why wouldn't it? How the hell do you not have that already?
>>
>>110702812
I had the same experience with Psycho Pass.
For the first third of the show, I was bored most of time but after a bit, I couldn't wait for the next episode.

Some shows are just unpredictable like that but usually initial gut feelings after the first three episodes are accurate.
>>
File: justifiedalcholism.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
justifiedalcholism.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>110702581
>drug-anime thread
>/a/

I'm assuming it wasn't on /a/, those threads combust before OP even submits.

Although, I usually don't like mixing the two because more often then not it just makes the anime shittier, harder to remember the next day, and completely ruins the more complex ones, good shounen like TTGL are awesome with a bit of weed to make you as dumb as a ten year old in order to 'fully' experience TTGL.

Speaking of which, have drugs really even been seen in anime? All I can remember is the mushroom episode in Bebop, the wonder-drug in CG, and the stoner from Black Lagoon. Even the more dirty anime tend to avoid it entirely and act as if everyone just drinks casually and smokes a carton of cigarettes a day.
>>
File: 20140708033143506.jpg (116KB, 412x374px) Image search: [Google]
20140708033143506.jpg
116KB, 412x374px
>>110702952

Drugs aren't big in Japan. I don't know how anyone could not already know this.
>>
>>110702937
Yeah, 3-episode rule is generally good. In my case I hadn't seen any episodes, I just looked at the art and the story and all that and thought I wouldn't like it.
>>
File: 1388190450819.jpg (140KB, 958x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1388190450819.jpg
140KB, 958x1075px
>>110702952
Rainbow, and I'm sure many other shows, talk about it in passing.

Japan's culture really isn't about low-key pot though, it's more hardcore shit that can get you killed.
>>
>>110702088
Yeah. Stop using words faggots.
>>
File: thunk.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thunk.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
>>110703032
I've always known that much, but even so I would expect some of the more "edgy" or avant-garde anime to do it anyway since it's pretty unventured land. In fact, I've found it interesting that those three I listed dabbled with it at all, considering that they're the more mainstream and popular anime. You can also add Champloo to that list, and Champloo didn't seem to do it in a very negative light like CG either. Although, seeing it through the perspective that drugs are atrocious things that only yakuza touch, I suppose all these examples could be considered 'portrayed in a negative light.'
>>
>>110702952
>Speaking of which, have drugs really even been seen in anime?

Legendary Gambler Tetsuya has an arc about a fucked up meth addict, it even partially shows the actual administration of the drug. It's not treated very heavily unlike say Requiem for a Dream, but it's realistic so ends up being pretty sad. Those episodes also display pic related.
>>
>>110702952
YMK is the only proper drug related thing I've seen come out of Japan, even if it isn't an anime.
>>
>>110702088
>Stop having fun
Fixed that for you
>>
>>110690245
>why
I guess because /a/ does. Sounds pretty pathetic, when you think about it.
>>
Newfags don't know how close ithe anime industry was to total collapse in 2010. With a bit more wiggle room for experimentation. Variety is making a come back. This season is a great example, whatever your taste be, whether you be a moefag, fujoshi, mechafan, edgyteen, or whatever, there's something to watch for you.

And if not, there's always another 40+ shows next season. Since anime is finally out of that rout, I hope /a/ learns to stop shitting over a particular genre just because someone don't like it. After all, unlike the late 00s, there's something for everyone now.
>>
>>110704301
There's nothing hipsterish this season, though. Just the usual genre checkboxes.
>>
File: kaikinod.gif (284KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
kaikinod.gif
284KB, 800x450px
>>110696116

Good job, OP. You successfully made a cozy corner in /a/.

There's a good chance we were all just supposed to just be trolled by the video then let the thread die

>>110703443

May have to check that out, I haven't tried any gambling anime yet, Kaji has probably been in my backlog for a year.

Switching genres is always difficult for me though, same with time periods. It's really difficult to watch some sparkly, well animated moeshit for a few weeks then switch over to some washed-out color palette while listening to some 30 year-old sound effect samples. I'm curious if I'm just retarded or if it's the same for others.
>>
File: 1397834430819.jpg (20KB, 368x294px) Image search: [Google]
1397834430819.jpg
20KB, 368x294px
>(for me: (Full video) Woman killed by brick through windshield *GRAPHIC*
>>
>>110696562
Winter and Spring were lackluster to me.
>>
>>110699022

/a/non are often tsundere, but I think most of us really do like /a/. Unlike what that banner implies, nobody is forced to be here. We post on /a/ instead of elsewhere, because it is the best place to discuss animu on the net.
>>
>>110704381

Sorry to say, but Ping Pong and Mushishi fit into genres too.

>>110704228
>so comfy! so cozy! let's all be comfy and COZY! Here's some youtubes of chill music! get some snacks! Let's all be friendly friends!

Stick to talking about anime.
>>
>>110704413
>Kaji has probably been in my backlog for a year.
Watch that shit quick son. Kaiji is a masterpiece. Akagi-Kaiji-Tetsuya-One Outs is the holy quartet of gamburu.

>I'm curious if I'm just retarded or if it's the same for others.
It's not for me but I can understand why it could be for some.

>>110696562
It's alright. Better than last year I think.

>>110704645
Surely you mean stick to talking about anime and insult each other.
>>
File: wow.png (208KB, 361x692px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
208KB, 361x692px
>>110704645
If you don't like it, you are always free to leave. This is a comfy corner and not for people who want to stir up trouble.
>>
File: Hokuto shin ken death.gif (803KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
Hokuto shin ken death.gif
803KB, 280x210px
>>110690245
I like anime, because I wanted something different from western live action shows and movies and it is arguably the best medium for showing ultraviolence
>>
What was the funnest season you guys can remember?
>>
>>110690245
I watch it because I like to interpret things.
It establishes a connection between people; to have one person make this thing and pour their ideals into it, and then have another person come to observe it and understand the message.
Most anime watchers have a low amount of fulfilling human interaction and no way to express themselves to others; no way to be understood by anyone but themselves, so I think anime fills that void for some people by providing immersive settings and thoughtful dialogue.
But then there comes the pain of knowing that human interaction in the real world is usually shallow and bitter, but, even if it was not, even if the real world was exactly like your annie mays, would you even appreciate it?
It seems anime watchers enjoy being anywhere but where they are now.
>>
>>110704645
Ping Pong is only hipster in direction and art style, in this case the shitposters indeed don't know what they're talking about when they call it that since it's basically a sports anime. I think Mushishi is a little harder to classify (don't say slice of life, because that would be really broad) and it's only "hipster" because of its reputation from the first season.

I'm thinking of something more like Kyousougiga. You could say it's fantasy but it's not very similar to, say, Log Horizon.
>>
File: 1377323896309.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1377323896309.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>110690245
>Why you watch anime
Because I enjoy it, and I enjoy the higher quality of animation compared to western cartoons
>What anime you watch
All kinds of shit. It's usually going in circle among different genres + 5 shows from the current season. (I can't do more due to being a unifag)

>the general state of the industry
Don't really have an opinion other than slightly negative ones
>>
>>110704633
This is true. As much as I act like it's not.
>>
>>110701705

I like anime shows as long as its well put together. Genre, theme, and message are not particularly important to me, as long as it is a good ride. When I really want one of those things, I check out manga instead.

Unlike manga, anime is always a collaborative venture involving many, many creative people. Having these pieces of the jigsaw puzzle fit together well is much more important than whether the show can be called auteur or not.
>>
>>110704911
Mushishi is MOTW: The Anime
>>
>>110704884
In my opinion, the funnest seasons spent with /a/ are always the Winter ones.
>>
File: disgustedcowboy.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
disgustedcowboy.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>110704974
>Having these pieces of the jigsaw puzzle fit together well is much more important than whether the show can be called auteur or not.

This is seriously one of the most important things about making anime. Take Bebop, most people don't even like Jazz, it's pretty light on it's themes, it doesn't have a specific genre, and the art style is nice, but it's not what sells the anime.

Most of the things in Bebop by themselves seem like qualities of an OK anime, but put all together they grow on each other perfectly. Making the anime what it is today.
>>
>>110690245
holy shit i made the mistake of reading comments on that video. the first guy is a total retard.
>>
Is it bad that I cried at this?
>>
>>110705574
No. Yes.
>>
>>110705779
These mixed messages confuse me
>>
>>110705779
first time i remember crying at a show
>>
>>110705982
I have never cried at a show although I've come close
>>
OP here

Sorry guys I made the thread and left, and didn't notice I pasted the wrong URL
>>
>>110706192
What were you going to paste?
>>
>>110706647
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.