[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've read ~300 chapters of Dragon Ball, is there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: vegeta3.jpg (23KB, 492x456px) Image search: [Google]
vegeta3.jpg
23KB, 492x456px
So, I've read ~300 chapters of Dragon Ball, is there any point in continue it? I am kinda tired of this formula: super-strong villain appears - trashes main character - main character gets power-up - defeats villain - new villain appears, and even his weakest servants are 10 time stronger than previous "super-strong" villain. Of course, the same happens in other shonens, but at least they have interesting abilities and cool character designs, Dragon Ball has neither. I understand it's a very old manga, and art-style is surprisingly good, and action is kinda entertaining, but I wouldn't rate it more than 6/10. Also that smug impression (pic related) all characters have, literally killing me.
>>
>>110044688
One Piece is far better, you should have read this one.
>>
>>110044688
Which arc are you up to?
>>
>>110044688
After 300 chapters, you should be beginning around the Freeza arc. The formula you're talking about has been used only once.
Anyway, Dragon Ball end at Freeza's arc. There's nothing later.
>>
File: 1388210780465.jpg (59KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1388210780465.jpg
59KB, 800x450px
>>110044864
>Dragon Ball end at Freeza's arc
>>
>>110044688
Decide for yourself if you want to continue reading it or not. If you don't enjoy reading it then just drop it already.
>>
>>110044864
I guess Cell and Buu never existed.
>>
>>110044804
I have already read One Piece. You see, I'm big battle shonen fan (yeah, manchild, whatever), so I wanted to see "father of all shonens". Can't say I disappointed - it exactly what I expected - eternal training-battle-powerup festival with bits of humour and silly-looking characters. But I thought, maybe it would surprise me. It didn't.
>>
>>110045145
I see. I think DB is quite funny in its humor, characters are not deep but very likeable, there's a good feel about this manga (the anime is even better with its musics).

But yes, it's old now, shounen has evolved (in a good way for some) and you'll end up with some old use of this canvas.
>>
>>110045145
If you haven't read/watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, this one will surprise you.
>>
>>110045107
Cell and Buu?
What are you talking about anon
>>
>>110044864
The Freeza arc is literally the most overrated part of all of Dragon Ball, on par with the Land of Waves arc from Naruto and the Soul Society arc from Bleach.
>>
>>110045470
>literally
Freeza arc is good, everything after is shit.
Land of waves is only okay because it's one of the only two arcs to not be complete shit in Naruto (the first two).
Soul Society arc is clearly the best in Bleach which is otherwise really mediocre.

>why have I wasted so much time with shitty anime/manga
>>
>>110044864
Dragon Ball ended at Dragon Ball. No such thing as Z.
>>
>>110045470
It's the best though
>useful secondary characters
>strategy and teamwork are used
>build-up for SSJ during the whole arc
>Vegeta going terminator on everyone
>hide and seek game for the Dragon Balls (the title of the manga btw)
>best fights, best finishing moves, best backgrounds
>even fucking Krilin is useful
>>
>>110045707
The Chuunin exams arc (including the Invasion of Konoha by the Sand and Sound clans) was the high point of the series.
>>
>>110045819
Pain was the high point of the series.
He was the perfect final boss.
>>
>>110045819
I haven't read it in a while, but isn't that the second actual arc? So the two arcs that were good were land of waves and chuunin? No disagreement?
>>
>>110045819
Personally don't think so, dropped it after ep30 or so if shippuuden without watching the fillers so I can't say anything about >>110045869.
How you could wade through massive amounts of shit to get to that point though, I don't know.
>>
>>110045757
>useful secondary characters

Who don't really do much outside of stall for time until Goku arrives and saves the day as usual.

>strategy and teamwork are used

Until Goku arrives and steals the spotlight.

>even fucking Krilin is useful

The Namek arc was where he stopped being a competent fighter by himself and had to rely on others to back him up in a fight, or just run away.

Agreed with everything else though.
>>
>>110045947
The beginning of Shippuden isn't that great but it's not that bad.
>>
>>110045947
It was after sasuke left that the filler started in the first series, which was episode 100 something.

You could literally skip the rest of it after that and go into shippudden.

Personally for me shippuden was far FAR better in general. Its still got shitty filler, but its a hell of a lot better paced and spread out then that shit in the first series.
>>
>>110045819
>>110045707
Yeah, Chunin Exam is undoubtedly the best part of Naruto. That, and also Jeraya shenanigans in second part - City of Rain, mystery of Pain etc.
Soul Society is best of Bleach, agree. Although I think Hueco Mundo arc was good too, just for great Espada characters. Current Bleach arc is kinda weak, although big bad (Yhwach) is promising.
>>
>>110046127
>You could literally skip the rest of it after that and go into shippudden.
Yes, that's what I said I did.
>Personally for me shippuden was far FAR better in general
Okay.
>>
>>110045869
And too bad the ending for that arc was a copout.

>>110045898
There's the introduction arc which is about Naruto trying to become a genin. If you don't count that then yes, the first two arcs are land of waves and chuunin exams.

>>110045947
Early Naruto wasn't that bad, actually. Some parts of Shippuden are okay too.
>>
>>110046217
>And too bad the ending for that arc was a copout.
Some people say that, but I disagree. Sure, it'd have been better without the village being revived but Naruto worked hard to obtain it, and thanks to that he's da hero of the village (which completes his growth pretty well)
>>
>>110046355
>worked hard
>talk
is this nigga srs?
>>
>>110046355
It's still a "too good to be true" kinda ending. It's like how in DBZ they just wish away all their problems at the end of the day using the dragon balls.
>>
>>110046520
Not killing the guy who killed your masters and half of your village is pretty hard.
He stopped the cycle of hatred, that's something. Too bad it was useless on the long run because Kishimoto can't write shit.

>>110046545
I guess, but Pain's arc killed a lot of characters.
I'm ok with that, it'd have been good to end the series on Naruto being the hero of the village because of his work and because he didn't give in to rage.
>>
File: 1353117239674.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1353117239674.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>110045145
>I wanted to see "father of all shonens"
Why haven't you watched Hunter x Hunter yet?
>>
>>110048606
I've watched it too. But Dragon Ball is much older. I've even seen some elements that was clearly taken by Togashi from Dragon Ball.
>>
>>110048934
Also, it's probably unpopular opinion, but I disliked Chimaera Ants arc. It looked somehow really off compared to the rest of show, plus most enemies had really atrocious design.
>>
File: 0987654.jpg (34KB, 480x528px) Image search: [Google]
0987654.jpg
34KB, 480x528px
>>110048606
This. If you haven't yet, do yourself a favor, op.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.