[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 50

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that kill la kill was shit?
>>
>>109068581
Everything up to "DA TWEEEST" was great, everything after was mediocre to bad.
>>
File: 1382054552359.jpg (680KB, 1154x1000px)
1382054552359.jpg
680KB, 1154x1000px
>>109068581
The dust settled months ago.

We've agreed that it started out strong but lost it's way around episode 15, then turned to shit with relatively few good moments, such as pic related.

It didn't save anime, but it also wasn't shit. Just average, and therefore very, very disappointing.
>>
>>109068581
After Satsuki rebellion episodes? Kinda.
>>
>>109068581
Nope.
>>
>>109068581
It's a good break from cute girls doing cute things and harems at the very least
>>
>>109068660
>We've agreed
Stopped reading there
>>
>>109068833
I admit that was a poor choice of words.
>>
>>109068581
All I remember is the /a/ poll with the average being 7/10, and many 1/10 & 9-10/10 votes.
>>
>>109068581
KLK saved winter, though it couldn't keep up with the fall competition.
>>
>>109068909
>& 9-10/10 votes
I guarantee those were only due to the hype at the time. If you had everyone take that poll again, most would rate the show 7 and under, with 7 being the minority. Very few 8's or 9's. Virtually no 10's.
>>
>>109068909
I'd say six personally. Had a few laughs but overall it's forgettable.
>>
>>109068994
The opposite applies with the 1/10 votes, so fuck off with your predictions.
>>
I think we expected too much from it, to be honest. From this, we ended up overhyping it and telling ourselves that it was going to AOTY, so when it was anything but, it was shit. This doesn't really make up for how they screwed the pooch on the last half, however, but rather puts into context why everyone thought it was so bad.
>>
>>109068994
very important breakdown, thanks.
>>
i kindaliked it, but at some point it went "aliums" and then all those other things happening, i think they lost their way
>>
>>109069049
>I think we expected too much from it
That's because the show was actually pretty good in the beginning, and would have been a possible AOTY contender if they kept with the feeling of the first half. So of course people are going to rate it more harshly. Wasted potential is worse than no potential.
>>
>>109068581
nah
>>
>>109068909
Are you talking about this? The average is closer to 8 than 7.

http://strawpoll.me/1393157/r
>>
>>109069493
That was taken immediately after the finale. The hype was still strong. Hell, people hadn't even figured out why the ending sucked yet.
>>
Kill la Kill

Overall rating; 8/10

Virtues:
- Excellent soundtrack
- Multiple characters with agency
- Overall good animation
- some very well written lines ("ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars" ; "[the sword] fresh from your father's body")
- subjectively entertaining with rewatch value
- subjectively contains best girl tier girls

Drawbacks:
- Overall plot could have been better connected
- subjective irritants (Mako in particular)
- Fanbase

n.b.: A show does not need to be life changing to be good.
>>
>>109069586
It won't work now, have to wait until the OVA end to try again.
>>
>>109069628
>fanbase affecting the quality of a show
fuck off
>>
>>109069493
Can I add my vote onto this or is it already closed?
>>
>>109069657
>have to wait until the OVA end to try again.
Good idea. I doubt the OVA will change things much, if at all. And most of the people who saw the show will be back.
>>
>>109069666
Struck a nerve with the SAO/SnK fag
>>
>>109068581
okay show, solid 5-6/10.

shit fanbase though.
>>
>>109069729
Lurk more;delete the /r at the end of the link.
>>
>>109069628
> - Multiple characters with agency
Yeah. A whopping 2.
>>
It had potential to be a5 or 6/10, but after episode 8, shit went downhill. The series ended as a 3/10
>>
>>109069834
I haven't even seen either.
>>
What is la kill and why must we kill it?
>>
>>109069963
>I haven't even seen either.
Probably because Shit la Shit is the only anime you've seen.
>>
>>109068581
It's not utter shit but it's not mind-blowingly awesome as you'd think it was, animation tech aside.
>>
>>109070002
But if I had said I had seen either of them you would have just called my taste shit even if I didn't like them.
>>
Still better than TTGL
>>
>>109068581
>Now that the dust has settled
Are you the same person each season or has anon just taken up the mantle from another each time?
>>
>>109069918
I agree, it was pretty weak for a blockbuster. When I think about this I gave Madoka 7.5/10, Fate/Zero 6/10 and Steins;Gate 7/10, but Kill la Kill was just so much worse. Kill la Kill really doesn't deserve more than 6/10, but it's clearly worse than Fate/Zero.
>>
It was really entertaining and generally likeable in spite of going off the damn rails in the second half. In a world of anime that's actually genuinely terrible the stupid hot blooded action shows that at least have some heart to them are all I can muster a fuck about anymore.
>>
>>109069887
All four of the main characters have agency, just because Satsuki doesn't beat up enough bullies doesn't mean she didn't have agency.
>>
>>109070043
You have shit taste anyways.
>>
>>109070246
Ok but the fanbase of a show only affects the quality of the discussions, not the show itself.
>>
>>109070239
>Mako
>agency
So it's just Ryuuko and her talking shirt?
>>
>>109068581
It had potential. Characters were entertaining and things were safe, but there was an enthusiasm to it that I enjoyed.

Then it fell to shit because they loaded the last ~6 episodes with all kinds of dumb shit and dropped THE BULLET, NB, and a bunch of other shit.
>>
>>109070350
>dropped THE BULLET,

Honestly the stupidest fucking complaint that people have with this show. Do people just not get that it was really just used to show that Aikurou cared about Ryuko? After that there was no opportunity for them to fire it, the bullet served its purpose, it didn't need to actually hit anything to do that.
>>
Should have had grotesque amounts of actual nudity, probably wouldn't rewatch.

I cannot physically wrap my mind around people who've said they've rewatched KLK 4 times. Does that from start to end 4 times, or watched the new episode as it airs four times over the week? The second sounds more plausible since I'd consider it a serious slogfest to try to rewatch an entire 24 episode show so soon, let alone several fucking times, even if it's one I enjoyed.
>>
>>109070429
No, anon, it didn't match their headcanon so it's shit.
>>
>>109068581

It was off to a good start then shat the bed during the second half
>>
>>109070349
Mako has agency, she has too much agency. She should give some of it for the rest of the cast, since she really doesn't need it.
>>
>>109070429
>Honestly the stupidest fucking complaint that people have with this show.
Too bad Trigger disagrees with you. They capitulated and they're firing it in the Drama CD.
>>
>>109068581
Yes, but that doesn't make you any less of a faggot OP.
>>
>>109070460
>I cannot physically wrap my mind around people who've said they've rewatched KLK 4 times.
There are people on this planet who have a fetish for eating shit. It's not that hard to fathom.
>>
>>109070584
>Mako has agency, she has too much agency.
Probably because she was Trigger's shitty little waifu. Seriously, they should have just killed her off.
>>
>>109068581
I enjoyed it, it had some problems but I still liked it and look back on it fondly. I could see how some people would dislike it, though.

I think it suffered because actually bought in to /a/'s hype and expected things that were never going to happen. People always talk about how it was fun to watch with /a/ but a lot of these discussions led to people convincing themselves of certain things and then they blamed Trigger when some of these things didn't happen. I've seen people who have watched it after its airing date and they didn't really have any of those problems some people seem to have with it, which I don't find surprising.
>>
>>109070460
>I cannot physically wrap my mind around people who've said they've rewatched KLK 4 times

It's the Code Geass effect, bunch of newshits watch a hyped up anime with /a/ then decide to hail it as the next coming of Jesus
>>
>>109070589
Is there an actual source for that?
>>
>>109070782
>I've seen people who have watched it after its airing date and they didn't really have any of those problems some people seem to have with it, which I don't find surprising.
Maybe those people just have shit taste and don't watch much anime?
>>
The second cour was mediocrity punctuated by single scenes of brilliance.
>>
>>109070875
>everyone who disagrees with me has shit taste
>>
>>109069628
>Multiple characters with agency
>Overall good animation
>subjectively entertaining with rewatch value
>>
>>109070782
>then they blamed Trigger when some of these things didn't happen.

I think I have the right to be angry because NB and Tsumugu became a fucking joke, they dropped Kinue and the Life Fiber Bullet from the plot and everyone turned out to be related.
>>
>>109070886
>punctuated by single scenes of brilliance.
Like?
>>
>>109070795

They've done the same for Shingeki.
>>
File: Junketsu Kisaragi.png (214KB, 712x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Junketsu Kisaragi.png
214KB, 712x1000px
>>109070920
Oh, and then there's this thing. I still don't know what it does.
>>
>>109070875
No, there are plenty of "problems" I've seen people claim KLK has that are just really fucking stupid and only exist because they bought in to some hype that the discussions on /a/ led them to believe in.

The show most certainly has legitimate problems, "it didn't meet my fanfiction that I made up with /a/" isn't really a legitimate problem, though.
>>
>>109070925
All of episode 18, then it goes back to shit the very next episode with a retarded time-skip
>>
>>109070782
This.

People were expecting grimderp serious shit and they hate it because KLK turned out to be a Saturday morning cartoon romp (and it always was that way from the very start, which is why I love it).
>>
>>109070925
Episode 18, all of the the scenes where Ryuko gets brainwashed.

The final catch scene was pretty good, too. But there was too much Gamako bait in between that
>>
>>109069628
>- Overall good animation
Jesus wept. I'd had to see what you think has bad animation.
>>
>>109071098
kill me baby
>>
>>109070925
Zeni. Ryuko and Satsuki switching suits. Satsukis betrayal of her mom.
>>
>>109071056
>and it always was that way from the very start,

K
>>
>>109071082
>all of the the scenes where Ryuko gets brainwashed
I'll admit those were pretty boner-inducing.
>>
>>109070920
It's like he first and second cours changed to two completely different directors.

The first half is character driven with actual development and relevance from it's supporting cast.
Then the second half shits all over them.
>>
File: Imaishi's ruse cruise.jpg (295KB, 3329x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Imaishi's ruse cruise.jpg
295KB, 3329x5000px
>>109071177
Do you rike it?
>>
>>109071126
considering that was a comedy/slice of life vs a full blown shonen "action" genre, its at least funny for what it is.

Inferno Cop is better animated than Kill la Kill
>>
>>109071177
>and relevance from it's supporting cast.

Ryuko doesn't really start doing anything that makes the side characters look bad until Episode 23, and even IN that episode the Deva's get a cool scene.

Tsumugu I can see, but I don't see how people are legitimately angry with the way the Devas were handled, I mean shit are people seriously mad at what happened to Uzu in the final episode? He's a side character that has been used for comedic shots in the past, in the previous episode he gets a really cool scene with the final antagonist.
>>
>>109069628
>Multiple characters with agency

That was the illusion the Devas gave, but in the end, it barely accomplished anything. Inu and Monkey had potential, being Gama the only one with any lick of relevance (basically just a cool scene) sadly, only thanks to Mako.

Anyway only Ryuko, Satsuki, Aikuro and Tsumugu (until Aikuro went ALIENS and became a joke) are the ones with actual "agency".

>Overall good animation.

Only the entirety of the first cour (ep 4 being the exception for obvious reasons) and possibly the fight in ep.15.
>>
>>109071318
>the side characters

That's one of the problems, the Deva were just shoved to the side in the 2nd cour. Sanageyama had a whole episode to himself in the first part of the show. These characters were being developed in earnest, seeing them just thrown to the side was weird.

The main themes also went full shitzo, while in the first half they kept emphasizing the belif that people and clothing can live together in the second half they just exterminate the Life-Fibers.
>>
>>109071609
>That's one of the problems, the Deva were just shoved to the side in the 2nd cour.
That happened to literally every character other than Ryuuko and Senketsu.
>>
File: 1384370573486.gif (91KB, 800x800px)
1384370573486.gif
91KB, 800x800px
>>109068581
I liked that it was a much more personal character driven story than the initial fake premise of monster of the week revenge action anime led it on to believe. The dynamic between Ryuko and Senketsu that forms the heart of the show is super interesting; the way Satsuki contrasts against them, and how she's portrayed as someone in the middle with the actual badguys on the other end rather than a villain who becomes befriended I thought was also done well, which is the other big part of the show. The art direction and sound direction is top notch, the entire cast of Seiyuu are seriously the best. And partially because of that, all the characters are really iconic and memorable to me, even if not all of them are treated fairly.

Which brings me to stuff I didn't like, even considering they're side characters there's a disproportion of the amount of time and development given to most of them, only the mains and a few choice side characters (i.e. Gamagoori) are well done. It's sort of a double edge sword, because a lot of iconic interesting characters are cannibalized for the sake of the story. And while the aforementioned character relationships are super well done, the actual story is rushed and flaccid. For as great as the artstyle is, the action and animation in general is super subpar, and while the core of the show is character driven, it still forces on the appearance of an action show despite all the action being purely nonsensical fluff that becomes terribly animated by the second half. And the ending sucks.

Overall, what I like about Kill La Kill I love, and what I hate about it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it should because of what I love. Subjectively I think it's great, but I can totally see why someone would think it's shit.
>>
>>109071668
Yeah, that's one of the biggest problems with the second cour.
>>
>>109071679
Stop using the word iconic, none of the characters are close to being iconic
>>
>>109071679
So you basically just called it shit, even if you did like it. Everything you enjoyed is contested and cannibalized by something terrible to the point where there are very few aspects of the show that remain consistently good until the end.
>>
>>109071609
>the Deva were just shoved to the side in the 2nd cour.

Uh, they were always there, though. I personally never got the impression that they were important characters like Ryuko, Senketsu, Satsuki and Mako were. To me it just sounds like you would have personally preferred if the series revolved around them and Satsuki instead of Ryuko and Senketsu.

In regards to relevancy characters like Satsuki are pretty much the only ones relevant towards the end game goal until Episode 22, since before that Ryuko is either being manipulated by Satsuki or being saved by her. To me it seems like the people who expected much more out of the other characters besides Ryuko didn't really want Ryuko to do very much in the final stretch at all.
>>
>>109071909
>Satsuki and Mako
>important
>>
>>109071942
Less so than Ryuko and Senketsu, but more so than every other character.
>>
>>109071909
>In regards to relevancy characters like Satsuki are pretty much the only ones relevant towards the end game goal until Episode 22
So you admit that one of the most important character, arguably the 2nd most important, is completely left out of the most important event in the entire show, which she pretty much started?

That's not good. That's a shitty way to manage your characters. Regardless of what happened before.
>>
>>109071909
>I personally never got the impression that they were important characters
>literally get whole episodes dedicated to them
>not important

Wat?

Adding to that Ryuuko was a boring as fuck MC and 90% of her motivation is based on her being pissed off at one thing or the other.
>>
File: 1396880303399.jpg (71KB, 383x530px) Image search: [Google]
1396880303399.jpg
71KB, 383x530px
>>109071827
Like I said, if you want to call it shit, I can totally sympathize. But I don't think the bad outweighed the good, so I personally can't call it shit
>>
>>109072010
>but more so than every other character.
So a little more than not at all?
>>
>>109068581

Why do people never say "I" anymore?
>>
im really curious to know know what anime, people who dislike KLK, actually like
>>
File: 1389671909619.jpg (58KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1389671909619.jpg
58KB, 720x720px
>congratulations you just killed the only way to oppose the Life Fibres once they inevitably come back to Earth
>The End
What the fuck kind of ending was that?
>>
>>109072061
>But I don't think the bad outweighed the good, so I personally can't call it shit
But you did. Your analysis of the show basically concludes that it was shit, even if you enjoyed it. It's okay to think it's shit, anon. There's such a thing as a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>109072157
>What the fuck kind of ending was that?
A shitty one.
>>
>>109072020
>literally get whole episodes dedicated to them
Juxtaposed with a fight they were having with Ryuko in that particular episode. The scenes you're talking about really don't account for much of anything other than a bit of a background check on them and showing you their reasons for following Satsuki, I think you're exaggerating how important they are because you liked them and obviously have a bit of a distaste for Ryuko.
>>
>>109072222
>I think you're exaggerating how important they are because you liked them and obviously have a bit of a distaste for Ryuko.
And I think you're doing the exact opposite because of vice versa.
>>
>>109072222
>Juxtaposed with a fight they were having with Ryuko in that particular episode

Lol no, Sanageyama, Gamagori and Tsumugu got their own episodes with minimal Ryuuko in them. I am not talking about the tournament
>>
>>109072068
Satsuki basically sets up the setting that Ryuko is in and Mako is an incredibly important character to the protagonist. The Deva's typically don't serve much use at all, just the odd comedic or "cool" scene.
>>
>>109072020
That's not how it works. Side Characters can get episodes dedicated to them, you have to remember that those episodes directly influence the main characters.

I really like the main characters of Kill La Kill, especially Ryuko, but KLK falls apart if the less you care about her and the others. I don't know if you can call it a failure, but that's probably what it all comes down to. You either like the MC or you don't, and it's do or die for the whole show.

Captcha: trigger noteva
>>
>>109072275
>Gamagori and Tsumugu got their own episodes with minimal Ryuuko in them
And weren't those some of the best episodes? In fact, any episode with minimal Ryuuko in it was pretty good.
>>
>>109072313
>I really like the main characters of Kill La Kill
There's only one. Unless you're talking about the talking shirt? And even then he's her #1 fanboy.

>You either like the MC or you don't, and it's do or die for the whole show.
This I can agree with. Too bad Ryuuko's a boring piece of shit for 90% of the show, and an annoying piece of shit for the other 10%.
>>
>>109072313
>You either like the MC or you don't, and it's do or die for the whole show.

Um how about NO. Ryuuko's whole motivation to do anything is being pissed off at something because of REASONS. The rest of the cast at least have proper motivations. Fucking Takarada was a better character then Ryuuko.
>>
>>109071909
>o me it just sounds like you would have personally preferred if the series revolved around them and Satsuki instead of Ryuko and Senketsu.

Not the same guy, but they shouldn't have bothered to give the Devas the attention and detail they got in the first cour in the first place, especially IF the series revolved around Ryuko and Senketsu's relationship.

They should have stayed in the same level as the Beastman of TTGL and focus more on the main characters then.

But, hey, it didn't happen. So I have to agree with that anon, not in that the show should have revolved around them, but to not shove them aside (along with Aikuro and Tsumugu) like they did. And I'm talking about Uzu, Inu and Nonon. Gama barely got some sort of free card due to shipping pandering.
>>
>>109072222
Monkey got better executed character development in his single episode than the MC did in whole show.

Then the second cour throughs it all out the window because only the MC can important now.

Mako gets her own epsode in the first cour, and she actually learns something and develops as a result.
In the second cour she is flanderized version of herself and forgets everything she got from the 1st cour
>>
File: Takarada Makes It Rain!.jpg (159KB, 765x720px) Image search: [Google]
Takarada Makes It Rain!.jpg
159KB, 765x720px
>>109072408
>Fucking Takarada was a better character then Ryuuko.
He should have been the main character who got to romance Satsuki in the end.
>>
>>109072161
My analysis concludes that it has serious flaws. In my personal opinion, those flaws don't ruin the show. I don't feel guilty liking KLK, I forgive it's failings because I think it succeeded elsewhere.
>>
So I feel like this is probably the best place to post this

watch?v=peK-aJTrcOw

interview with nonon/ryuko's dub VAs.
>>
>>109072256
I like the Deva's, though.

>>109072275
>Sanageyama, Gamagori

Those two devas were frequently made to look like the most important ones, though. Getting extended scenes against antagonists and getting flashy scenes like Uzu's scene in Episode 23 and Gamagori's in Episode 24.

Tsumugu was an odd character, though. But I don't think the Devas were really all that mishandled.
>>
>>109072441
>Not the same guy, but they shouldn't have bothered to give the Devas the attention and detail they got in the first cour in the first place, especially IF the series revolved around Ryuko and Senketsu's relationship.
Shit, if we're going down that path we should just have the show take place in a vacuum with Ryuuko and Senketsu as the sole characters. Because that's basically what Trigger did in the end.
>>
>>109072481
interviewer is awkward and neckbeardy as shit, but it's worth it for the NANI SORE.
>>
>>109070085
shit taste
>>
>>109072397
>even then he's her #1 fanboy.

He's the patron saint of the Ryuukofags.
>>
>>109072460
>I forgive it's failings because I think it succeeded elsewhere.
Like? The only good things about KlK are the seiyuus, music, and character designs. That's it. Everything else is unbelievably flawed.
>>
File: 1395326557554.gif (251KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1395326557554.gif
251KB, 500x377px
>>109072453
>In the second cour she is flanderized version of herself and forgets everything she got from the 1st cour
>there is a whole episode dedicated to greed and corruption in the first cour
>the Mankanshoku family is still greedy in the 2nd cour

It's like somebody was actually trying to write a cohesive interesting story and Imaishi kept demanding more dick jokes and flash entrance scenes
>>
I'd rate KlK:
Objectively 7/10
Subjectively 9/10

I realize it's not very special and it handled several plot-points badly but it was style-over-substance all along and it's hard to overstate how much fun I've had watching it while it aired.
The characters are stellar, the animation is obviously re-used and cheap at times but almost always charismatic with an interesting artstyle.
I've since rewatched it once and still liked it, especially characters like Mako benefit from not waiting a week for each episode since you won't see her as a "time stealing" nuisance.

What can I say, I'm a Trigger fanboy.
>>
>>109072674
>What can I say, I'm a Trigger fanboy.
How? They've barely done anything.
>>
>>109072441
>Not the same guy, but they shouldn't have bothered to give the Devas the attention and detail they got in the first cour in the first place

The only ones who really got that much attention were Sanageyama and Gamagori and they were the ones given the most time in the second cour as a result. I mean you talk about Gamagori looking good but Uzu is the one who gets to engage Nui first and he also gets a scene where he surprises the final antagonist 5 episodes later. But it's like people forget that because he was made to look a little silly in the final episode.
>>
>>109072674
>I realize it's not very special and it handled several plot-points badly
>the animation is obviously re-used and cheap
>7/10
>IGN - it's pretty good

It's 5/10 if you are generous and forgive the horrid animation because it's Triggers first full-length work
>>
>>109072674
>it's hard to overstate how much fun I've had watching it while it aired.

You were watching it with /a/.

I watched the Shit Art Online dub with /co/ and it was one most enjoyable experiences I've ever had.
It still doesn't stop it from being shit.
>>
>>109072740
Hey, they did Inferno Cop. That's objectively the greatest work of fiction ever made.
>>
>>109072743
Looks son, none of use give a fuck about what flashy combat scene somebody got. We want proper fucking character development.
>>
>>109072805
>Hey, they did Inferno Cop.
Which was better animated than KlK.
>>
>>109072805
I won't take that away from them, Inferno Cop is great
>>
File: 1400283265168.jpg (712KB, 1741x927px) Image search: [Google]
1400283265168.jpg
712KB, 1741x927px
I feel like I'm the only one on this board who watches anime to enjoy it, not just to pick it apart and try to find reasons to hate it.

I'd rate KLK 8/10. It wasn't supremely amazing, but I really liked it.
>>
>>109072778
That's the thing about number ratings, they mean nothing. I still think it was above average, though, hence 7/10.
>>
>>109072805
People unironically like Inferno Cop?
>>
>>109072844
Nice hyperbole.
>>
>>109072863
>pic related
Would have made for a better show.
>>
>>109072863
I find reasons to hate something when I stop enjoying it.
Which happened the moment the second cour started
>>
>>109072935
Nah, not really.
>>
>>109072828
Then I don't understand why you even bothered watching Kill La Kill.

It's a stupid flashy style over substance show.
>>
>>109072740
Don't forget the now Trigger team formerly Gainax.
>Inferno Coppu
>Panty Stocking
>TTGL
>All of that sweet yoshinari animation
>>109072778
It's still exceptional and had an original storyboard that simply fell flat in some aspects.
Characters were miles above most of the shit we see in Anime nowadays and while the animation IS re-used and cheap, they tried to use the budget in ways so many scenes benefit.
Then there's ways of reusing animation such as ep3-ep15 where it seems more like a showcase of progression as well.
The animation is weak FPS wise but the general art direction oozes creativity and the backgrounds are beautiful.
>>
>>109072973
>not wanting Stonersuki
>>
>>109073069
>Characters were miles above most of the shit we see in Anime nowadays
wat
>>
Am I retarded or did they completely drop the single frame gags in the second half? I don't remember seeing any.
>>
>>109072863
>I'd rate KLK 8/10.
Where the fuck do you people come from? 8/10 means its a fucking masterpiece, 9/10 and 10/10 is something a TV anime can't even reach and it's reserved for movies and OVA

If you rate KLK 8/10 how the fuck would you rate Jin-Roh, EoE, Millennium Actress and similar. Are the 17/10?
>>
>>109073086
Might be funny, but I don't see how that makes the show better.

I think it's like someone said earlier that the enjoyment of Kill La Kill really depends on how much you like Ryuko. If you like Ryuko you'll like the show, if you absolutely hate Ryuko you're not going to like the show.
>>
>>109073186
You have a strange rating scale.

Who the fuck cares what kind of number people give things anyways?
>>
>>109073199
If Ryuuko was so important, why didn't Trigger not make her a stupid retard?
>>
>>109073069
>It's still exceptional

No it's fucking not, it's a generic shonen, riding on the coattails of Gainax

For fucks sake it was marketed as "The new anime from Imaishi of TTGL fame"
>>
>>109073186
NGE was a 10/10, and it was a tv series
>>
>>109072161
You're too retarded.
>>
>>109073186
>9/10 and 10/10 is something a TV anime can't even reach

Well why don't you just say that you're a "10/10 is perfect" fag, seriously I hate that shit.

10/10 is reserved for a masterpiece IN GENRE AND MEDIUM, if we go by that logic no Anime could ever hope to scratch my 9/10 or hell mostly even 8/10 because they don't measure up to the best live action movies of all time.
>>
>>109073258
>why didn't Trigger not make her a stupid retard?
You couldn't relate or empathize with her issues, so as a result you didn't like her. Plenty of people did, though. It's as simple as that I guess.
>>
>>109072157
Ryuuko exists and if the life fibers come back they supply the only thing that can fight them...so it'll work out no matter what.
>>
>>109073328
>Plenty of people did, though
And that number seems to be going down by the day. In all seriousness, saying that people didn't like KlK because they didn't care for Ryuuko is a pretty stupid way to shove the other million or so of the show's flaws under the rug.

And I'm sorry I can't empathize with stupid retards.
>>
>>109068581
>Now that the dust has settled
>>>/v/
>>
>>109073186
People tend to have different ideas of what certain ratings mean to them. That's what we call an opinion, and people on 4chan never fail to flip out when people have one that disagrees with theirs.

Dislike Kill la Kill all you want. It won't stop me from enjoying it, you know?
>>
>>109073290
Objectively NGE would get 8 gravitating towards 9 from me. And this is coming from a guy who has watched the show 17 times. There is a major animation slump in the second half, the last arc of the show becomes a bit formulaic, 25/26 were placeholders.

EoE gets 10/10
>>
>>109073418
>It won't stop me from enjoying it, you know?
No. But it'll stop you from voicing your enjoyment on /a/ without getting eaten alive for it. And that's good enough for me.
>>
>>109073374
stupid retard is not an argument, come with genuine reasons why you don't like her character and maybe I can agree in some ways
>>
>>109073321
>genre and medium
>live action
>animation

You wot m8?
>>
File: fedoratip.jpg (62KB, 476x717px)
fedoratip.jpg
62KB, 476x717px
>>109073453
>it'll stop you from voicing your enjoyment on /a/ without getting eaten alive for it
>And that's good enough for me
>>
>>109073453
Making someone feel alienated for liking something makes you happy?
>>
>>109072512
>Shit, if we're going down that path we should just have the show take place in a vacuum with Ryuuko and Senketsu as the sole characters. Because that's basically what Trigger did in the end.

What he said is to leave the Devas to become the Beastmen 2.0 and take advantage of all that spotlight to do something more coherent if they weren't going places with them in the first place.

Remember that Nakashima wanted the Devas to become more than the four Beastmen and he was in the right path, some of them even got episodes dedicated, but the second cour got so convulted that they the only got reduced to have "cool short scenes".
>>
>>109073374
>And that number seems to be going down by the day.

What makes you say that? The people who liked Ryuko in all likelihood still like her.

>saying that people didn't like KlK because they didn't care for Ryuuko is a pretty stupid way to shove the other million or so of the show's flaws
Bit of an exaggeration, yes it has flaws, but the people who absolutely seem to despise the way the show went probably also do not like Ryuko as a character.

>And I'm sorry I can't empathize with stupid retards.
But she isn't that, she's a teenager. She's a normal teenager with relatively relatable issues in a show with a bunch of abnormal teenagers. Like that guy said, the show really rides on you relating to or emphasizing with Ryuko, if you don't at all then your enjoyment of the show will suffer.
>>
>>109073453
This ladies and gentlemen, is what the wild autist looks like in its natural habitat
>>
>>109073418
I am just interested in what kind of fucked up rating scale you use. Talk about "muh opinion" all you like, but in the end you are forced to compare KLK to lets say Magnetic Rose.

Now if KLK is an 8/10 for you where the fuck does Magnetic Rose stand? Those two are so far removed from each other they can't be separated by just a 2 point difference.
>>
I think its a 9/10. If I was more honest, itd be an 8 or 7, but waifu is in it
>>
>>109072152
They don't like any anime. /a/ is exactly like /v/, literally hate on everything, like nothing.
>>
>>109073477
>10/10 is reserved for a masterpiece IN GENRE AND MEDIUM
My humble opinion
>10/10 is a masterpiece regardless of medium (and probably genre) that a TV anime can't hope to achieve
Retarded opinion of the guy I quoted, the example I gave was just to showcase how retarded that guy is
>>
>>109073454
>come with genuine reasons why you don't like her character and maybe I can agree in some ways
Boring and annoying, for the most part. Her character development that was established in the first cour and early second is destroyed in the Bakemono Arc so she can figure out the exact same thing she discovered in the Berserk Arc: that she wants to wear Senketsu. Compound that with the fact that Trigger felt it necessary to push everyone else to the sidelines so she'd have a shot at standing out, and her nonsensical and genuinely retarded actions, and you have a thoroughly unlikable, stupid little bitch.
>>
>>109073428
Really? EoE was only 9/10 imo.
NGE(all episodes, 25/26 included) was a true 10/10
>>
>>109072152
NGE, Welcome to the NHK, Texhnolyze etc
>>
>>109073638
Funny, KlK is higher rated than Magnetic Rose on imdb. Rightfully so.
>>
>>109073597
>She's a normal teenager with relatively relatable issues in a show with a bunch of abnormal teenagers.
How the fuck is that a good thing?
>>
>>109073783
>imdb
even worse for ratings than mal
>>
>>109073783
>imdb
Kill yourself.
>>
>>109072743
I'm also talking about development, man.

I mean, there were plenty of opportunities for characters like Uzu or Nonon to have some actual instrospection or internal doubts. Nothing wrong with having resolve, but it would have been nice to have that resolve being actually tested.
>>
>>109073725
I think the reason you hate her is because she is a strong woman with a lot of willpower, you prefer your girls to be submissive and weak. A reason for this is because you hate women in real life.
>>
>>109073737
>NGE(all episodes, 25/26 included) was a true 10/10
That's forcing it, you have to knock down points for the sub-par animation slump they hit mid-point, and I am not talking about the prolonged stills, but off model character directly in the foreground.

And as I said 22, 23 and 24 are a bit to formulaic. It's like "Oh now is the time for characters to get mentally raped one after the other."
>>
>>109073864
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>109073783
>imdb
Funny, guess that means Naruto is in the same league as KlK. Rightfully so.
>>
File: TTGL-x-KLK.jpg (70KB, 1165x787px) Image search: [Google]
TTGL-x-KLK.jpg
70KB, 1165x787px
>>109073638
See, but that's the problem. Liking something literally is just "muh opinion". I liked KLK more than Magnetic Rose in any case. Feel free to call me the cancer of /a/, if you'd like.
>>
>>109069206
What changed?
>>
>>109068660
While the art direction in the beginning was better I enjoyed the show more and more as it went on.
>>
File: eh.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
>>109073638
People put way too much emphasis on numbers, in every single medium, never mind the fact that if I had to guess the numbers that guy posted was probably just rating his own enjoyment on a scale from 8/10 and little else, not comparing it to other shows, even in the same genre.
>>
>>109073893
Because I don't hate women? Pathetic.
>>
>>109070460
>slogfest to try to rewatch an entire 24 episode show so soon, let alone several fucking times, even if it's one I enjoyed.
I watched Captain Tylor three times in two weeks from start to finish, sometimes without taking breaks, right after buying the VHS box set.
>>
>>109073792
Having a character with the potential to be relatable is a bad thing now?
>>
>>109074003
Who the fuck wants to relate to teenagers?
>>
>>109074026
the entirety of Japan, apparently.
>>
>>109073901
>I liked KLK more than Magnetic Rose in any case.
>Feel free to call me the cancer of /a/,

Well at least you understand you have shit taste. Why can't people differentiate their subjective taste from objective quality. My second favourite anime is Blue Submarine No.6, but hell I can't rate that past 6/10 because of the vomit-inducing Gonzo CGI
>>
>>109074026
Other teenagers and young people, which happen to take up a large part of the audience of a lot of the shows you watch.
>>
Kill la Kill hype was shit. It was completely competent.

You dudes are such babies; always talking in extremes. A shit or GOAT with no inbetween.
>>
>>109073885
But that's like one point off at best man.
>>
>>109074084
>objective quality
doesn't exist. what makes a show good is that people like to watch it, that's it. a shit show nobody likes with perfect animation doesn't make it good.
>>
>>109074120
People are just disappointed because the first half showed so much promise, then the second half was less then stellar. I
>>
File: OL4Buat.jpg (106KB, 1917x963px)
OL4Buat.jpg
106KB, 1917x963px
>>109074084
Shit taste and good taste is all a matter of perspective. To me, my taste is good because I like it. To you, your taste is good because you like it. No shit.

But yeah, my taste is definitely subjective. Glad we've reached a fucking consensus.
>>
Why do people say it was fun to watch with /a/?
The rampant cancer and shitposting was not fun at all.
>>
>>109074249
This niggah. This niggah gets it.
>>
>>109074211
>>109074249
Post-modernism will be the death of us all, I swear

When the dumb masses think their uninformed opinion carries as much weight as a scholars everything inadvertently goes to shit.
>>
>>109074259
>Why do people say it was fun to watch with /a/?
Probably for the speculah and OC. There were some genuinely fun times.
>>
They used the "Ryuuko loses her mind" thing way too often. They even used it on Mako.
It got tiresome. You knew she was going to snap out of it because of friendship. Every time.
>>
>>109074333
ITS A FUCKING FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT YOU RETARD. IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH SCHOLARSHIP.
>>
>>109074333
What does anime have to do with the opinion of scholars? Is there a fucking class where people organize anime into shit tier and god tier? Are there anime scholars? Does it pay? Do you even know what you're saying?
>>
Rating systems don't have an entirely objective scale. You can try to say it has one but in the end when most people rate things there are going to be discrepancies on things where people feel "points" need to be knocked off or not, someone might notice the sub par animation NGE hit for example, but when it comes time for someone to rate it it might not be something that comes in to their mind.

When discussing reviews people need to read what the person actually wrote and put less emphasis on the number they put on the end of what they wrote. It's absolutely retarded how much emphasis people put on scores to the point where in the video game industry peoples bonuses can sometimes depend on what the average score on Metacritic is.
>>
>>109074428
>>109074588
>objective quality doesn't exists, it's all dependant on perspective

Try to keep up kids
>>
>>109073069
>Forgetting FLCL
Unacceptable.
>>
File: 1389994365993.jpg (49KB, 370x505px) Image search: [Google]
1389994365993.jpg
49KB, 370x505px
>>109074428
>>109074588
Because people don't study animation or screenwriting, right?

>ITS A FUCKING FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT
So are literature and film. It just so happens that anime as a whole is mostly shit, so it never compares to the best literature and film.
>>
>>109074725
>happens that anime as a whole is mostly shit

Sturgeon's law, anime just needs it's 2001: A Space Odyssey
>>
So everyone agrees this is a classic SAO case, first half great second half is bad but not as shitty as SAO's second half.
>>
>>109074893
SAO went immediately downhill after episode 2.
>>
>>109074841
It already does:
NGE is just as good, with the same terrible ending as 2001
>>
>>109074893
SAO was shit from the starts
>>
>>109074649
Objective quality of 'how good something is' doesn't exist no, because that's an opinion and an opinion is ALWAYS subjective
>>
>>109074962
That's why the phrase "informed opinion" doesn't exist.
Oh wait.
>>
>>109074893
SAO is ironically enjoyable but complete shit, KLK showed promise in it's first half and dropped the ball on it's second.
>>
>>109074950
I am not talking about quality, but a breakthrough movie that the critics latch onto and use to validate the whole genre

NGE is more like Metropolis, we are still waiting for our Space Odyssey
>>
>>109075008
>SAO is ironically enjoyable
I don't understand this. It was painful to watch.
Are you just saying "ironically enjoyable" because you actually enjoy it, but you want to pretend you don't?
>>
>>109075006
Informed opinion =\= objective
>>
Kill la Kill was literally too deep for /a/. You can ask at least 10 anons and none of them will tell what the show was about or why Ryuuko had to win by absorbing Shinra Koketsu.
>>
File: Lewdness.jpg (2MB, 1920x2990px)
Lewdness.jpg
2MB, 1920x2990px
>"Trigger gonna save anime!"
>"New project Kill la Kill is gonna save anime!"
>KLK comes out
>"Hurr just kidding, of course we knew this would be a stupid show with lots of fanservice. But don't worry, it's actually a satire on fanservice"

I wish /a/ hadn't hyped this shit so much
>>
>>109075141
>or why Ryuuko had to win by absorbing Shinra Koketsu.

Um so she could take his Absolute Control and unfuck the world? Are you like 10 or something and think this is deep?
>>
>>109075093
It also doesn't mean entirely subjective.
Nobody is claiming there is a mathematically objective scale for determining the quality of animation or music or script.
>>
>>109075093
Informed opinion > Uninformed opinion

If we allow for the existence of objective truth, then the informed opinion is closer to it, as such it carries more weight. That's why screaming "all opinions are subjective" is a curse pun on us by Einstein and Post-modernism
>>
>>109075217
It is entirely subjective. Literally nothing objective about it, name one thing.
>>
>>109075006
Here's the difference between an informed opinion and an opinion.

An informed opinion is where you tie in facts with how you personally feel. For example, X person did this, and then X said this, but X also said this here, so I don't think X person is X.

But when it comes to anime, it's all a subjective opinion. What facts can you gain from an anime? "The animation was bad"? What pleases the eye is different to everyone. "The story line was bad"? A good story line is different for everyone. "It was too fast-paced"? Some people like fast-paced anime. "There wasn't enough character development"? Again, an opinion. Some people can get more from a character within a few sentences they say than we can get from an entire story arc. That all has to do with how people interpret things.

The only thing you could really argue for an anime's success with an "informed opinion" is how much money it garners.
>>
>>109075141
Buddha reaching the final stage of enlightment, absorbtion, in middle of a lotus.
>>
>>109075260
The objective truth doesn't exist when it comes opinions, and I don't know why you think it does.
>>
>>109075298
>What pleases the eye is different to everyone
No it isn't. There are fuzzy lines, of course. But if any animation was fine, they wouldn't train animators for years to create their animation. Same for script writers and composers.
>>
Even in this thread after all the hype died people can't seem to make up their minds. So there you go.
>>
>>109075194
The real reason, not the "story reason". It was the Buddhist path to enlightment.
>>
>>109075367
You train for the same reason you train to write or to paint. You train to informedly break the rules.
>>
>posting a picture of one of the greatest moments

Fuck.
I don't care what you guys say, she's just too good for this show.
>>
>>109075367
I'm pretty sure no one would really like what looked like chicken scratch, but certain animation styles the artists have are really up to the opinion of the audience. For example, I really fucking despise the animation style of Sailor Moon Crystal, but other people are pissing themselves over it.
>>
>>109075396
>It was the Buddhist path to enlightment.

Which makes no fucking sense since she is still bound by her karma. So much for fucking enlightenment
>>
>>109075480
The fuck? She broke free of Karma in the final episode. The circle of life was broken. They even made Satsuki say "we're finally free of the Kiryuuin karma".
>>
Show was good throughout. Bunch of slack jawed faggots wanted it to be the greatest thing ever and are mad it turned out to just be a pretty good show.

People don't want to admit it, but it's better than a lot of shit made these days.
>>
>>109075477
>I'm pretty sure no one would really like what looked like chicken scratch
But it would be just as good as the animation in LWA, according to you.
>>
>>109075367
Then tell me how the greatest painters where only appreciated after their death. Thats right, because people changed their opinions, art and animation is ENTIRELY subjective.
>>
>>109075477
Sailor Moon Crystal is objectively shit looking.

Ping Pong would be a much better example.
>>
>>109075396
>It was the Buddhist path to enlightment.
That... is the dumbest thing... I have ever heard; You didn't even spell enlightenment right.
>>
>>109075527
How would you even get that idea.

I also should've said this in the original post, but if everyone thinks the same thing when it comes to what's pleasing to the eye, why the fuck do we have chubby chasers? Because what's pleasing to the eye actually IS different to everyone.
>>
>>109074333
tumblr explained
>>
>>109075524
>They even made Satsuki say "we're finally free of the Kiryuuin karma".

Doesn't mean jack shit when the Life Fibers are going to return and the conflict will start anew. The cycle is just repeating itself. This is why the show is garbage, the plot shit itself so bad nothing makes sense on any level
>>
>>109075616
Are you really that dense?
>In deepest samadhi, absorption is so complete that all sense of "self" disappears, and subject and object are completely absorbed into each other.
>We're not clothing and we're not human. But we are clothing and we are human! We're everything!
>>
>>109070795
>It's the Code Geass effect, bunch of newshits watch a hyped up anime with /a/ then decide to hail it as the next coming of Jesus

That might be true, but it's still decent enough despite the hype. It's not Mahouka we're talking about here.
>>
>>109075619
>How would you even get that idea.
Everything is subjective.
>>
>>109075730
Great. Another reason to hate KlK. It's made people insane. Wonderful.
>>
>>109075634
There won't be a new cycle, humanity will always be humanity no matter what threats come and go. You are literally trying to come up with a counter-argument that holds absolutely no weight.
>>
>>109075634
The Kiryuin curse has more to do with how her family were slaves to it and served them. Even IF the Life Fibers come back obviously Satsuki's family will not be serving it and trying to carry out their will. That died with Ragyo.
>>
File: 1398033239878.jpg (335KB, 688x964px)
1398033239878.jpg
335KB, 688x964px
>>109068581
nope
>>
>>109075786
I know you're saying it sarcastically, but yes, that's right. The only thing that can't be subjective is a fact, and whether an anime is good or not can't be a fact. Did you seriously never learn the difference between what makes an opinion and what makes a fact?
>>
Great. This thread was shit to begin with, and now some retard's convinced he's found the Virgin Mary on a dog's asshole.
>>
File: 1372559229159.png (21KB, 137x143px) Image search: [Google]
1372559229159.png
21KB, 137x143px
>>109075794
>There won't be a new cycle
>Ragyou literally tells you the Life Fibres will be back
Wat? I won't even talk about the fact that she has Life Fibers wrapped around her fucking heart

>>109075831
And when the Life Fibers return she has to fight them again, nothing has changed the karma she inherited from Soichirou is still there.
>>
>>109075919
>simple and straightforward thematic coherence is 2deep4me
>>
>>109075889
It's a fact that my shitty fingerpaintings are worse than the works of Beksi?ski or whoever else.
If your philosophy thinks that they are equally valid forms of art, you can shove it up your ass.
>>
File: 1392755432629.png (673KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1392755432629.png
673KB, 600x600px
>>109068581
No.

>The dust has settled, let's stir shit up again
>>
>>109068660
>lost its way
>>
People enjoy it because it's colorful, and loud, and they can clap along like they're at a circus.

It's a solid 5/10.
>>
>>109076025
I agree with you, technical merits are everything. But I don't think you have any kind of understanding of the technical merits involved in either painting or anime-making so your opinion is virtually worthless.
>>
>>109075945
There won't be a new cycle because the Kiryuin family no longer serves the Life Fibers. If they come back humanity will just beat it again, there's no cycle where humanity gets pushed to the brink again.
>>
>>109076114
How does one rank technical merits if everything is subjective?
>>
>>109076025
No it's not a fact. And I personally don't believe those 2 are equally valid forms of art, that's my SUBJECTIVE OPINION.
>>
>>109076063
Based

But yeah, it was pretty fucking shit.
>>
>>109076025
I agree with you and I think you're fucking retarded if you don't think "fingerpaintings" can be valid forms of art. Technical merit is objective in writing, painting and even animation but it doesn't mean what you think it means. For example, I honestly think you don't really understand what makes an objectively good book good.
>>
>>109076214
>what makes an objectively good book good.
Do tell.
>>
>>109076159
I'm a fucking different guy. If you believe the technical merits of painting involve anything as superficial as realism then you're pretty damn uninformed. There is some pretty obvious technical merit on a Kandinsky, for example.
>>
>>109076244
The use language, duh. That's what separates literary literature (which places its primary emphasis in form and THEMATIC content) from pop-literature (which places its primary emphasis in silly things like plot).
>>
>>109076153
>There won't be a new cycle because the Kiryuin family no longer serves the Life Fibers

Are you dumb or something? Ryuuko's karma is to fight the LF, it's the karma she inherited from Soichirou.
>>
>>109076363
But thematic content is worse than plot-based content.
>>
>>109076301
But that isn't even the point. A painting can have as many 'technical merits' as possible, there is always atleast gonna be someone who doesn't like the painting for whatever reason. He believes the painting is not good. According to you this scenario is impossible because the painting is objectively good.
>>
File: image.jpg (924KB, 2196x1567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
924KB, 2196x1567px
>>109068581
Wasted potential? Yes.
>>
>all these nerds still trying to justify why they liked, or why they hated, the show

Fucking nerds
>>
>>109076388
That's not the cycle her family was in for generations. Her karma is to fight the LF, they may not even come back in her lifetime.
>>
>>109076452
>this scenario is impossible because the painting is objectively good.
What? Mathematics is objective, but people can get it wrong.
>>
>>109076477
Now you know how your parents feel
>>
>>109076452
He can believe whatever he wants; it won't change the form of the painting or its technical merits.

>>109076449
Thematic content is intrinsically tied to form. If it isn't then you're a hack.
>>
>>109076523
>If it isn't then you're a hack
Hack writers are the best writers. You can't prove me wrong. Everything is subjective.
>>
>>109076484
>That's not the cycle her family was in for generations.
No that's her karmic cycle, of which she isn't free.

>they may not even come back in her lifetime.
Do you even know how karma works? Lifetime is irrelevant
>>
>>109076498
Anime or art is not objective, so people can't get it wrong.
>>
File: CM09GJRG1X2_TH.jpg (8KB, 185x200px) Image search: [Google]
CM09GJRG1X2_TH.jpg
8KB, 185x200px
>>109076481
>he suddenly realized everyone on 4chan was a nerd
>>
>>109076591
If they think a shitty fingerpaint with no technical merit is better than the works of a professional artist which involve lots of technical merit, they're wrong.
>>
>>109076585
>No that's her karmic cycle, of which she isn't free.

So you agree with me then when I say that the Kiryuin karmic cycle was that family carrying out the Life Fibers will, then? Ryuko has her karmic cycle of being the best option against fighting them, but the cycle of the Life Fibers being served by members of Satsuki's family is over, they're free of that. If Satsuki has children she won't force them in to that that like her mother tried to and Life Fibers won't be entwined with their lives.

If they come back Ryuko has to fight them and get rid of them, that's the cycle that she is in, not the same as the karmic cycle the rest of her family was in for generations.
>>
>>109076759
>they're wrong
in your subjective opinion yes
>>
>>109075144
>satire of fanservice

I saw it more like this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rflHvYsx0GA&feature=kp
>>
>>109076837
You don't have the foggiest idea how karma works and what it means to attain enlightenment. Do you? You can't just claim you reached nirvana when you are still stuck inside the cycle.
>>
>>109068581
No.
>>
I found this on youtube. It is Nui's theme in slower. It sound awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSfmytHLt9E
>>
>>109071056
I was expecting it to be more adventurous like Gurren Lagann;s 1st cour once we were approaching the school field trip arc and gathering Senketsu's fragments.

Then it all got shafted.
>>
>>109068581
l dropped it at 1st ep on it's season and l'm glad that l did, overhyped as hell but it was just a shitty show
>>
File: 1402708444018.gif (1MB, 229x258px) Image search: [Google]
1402708444018.gif
1MB, 229x258px
People say the second half is where things started to lose their way.

I kind of thought it was Deva Gauntlet. It just kind of painted what the rest of the series was gonna be like for me from that point forward.

Pointless info dumps and dumb power ups.
>>
>>109069628
>-fanbase
I still dont see why people even go into threads about currently airing shows.
I always wait until the last episode of the season.
This is to mostly avoid spoilers, but still
>>
>>109068581
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Satuski x Ryuuko is OTP
>>
File: 1399807169682.jpg (107KB, 640x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1399807169682.jpg
107KB, 640x1067px
>>109080659
>Satuski x Ryuuko is OTP
>not Ragyo x Satsuki
Shit's canon, nigga.
>>
File: uh oh.png (162KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.png
162KB, 500x332px
>>109080659

Yes.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/1948906
Let's see the consensus.
>>
>>109068581
It was pretty average.
>>
File: 1398127027198.jpg (125KB, 400x722px) Image search: [Google]
1398127027198.jpg
125KB, 400x722px
>>109080659
Nope.
>>
File: SatsukiIgnoring.jpg (38KB, 343x472px) Image search: [Google]
SatsukiIgnoring.jpg
38KB, 343x472px
>>109068581
How about no?
>>
I absolutely loved KLK, but objectively I can see why people would say it's shitty. Episodes 1-4 were totally awesome, but eps 5-15 or so were mostly just repetitive "Boss of the Week" fighting episodes with very little movement in the plot, worst part being the Tri-City raid arc, which was just...a special kind of stupid. Eps 16-18 (the PLOT TWIST arc) was the show's strongest point. Not just the literal backstab, but the whole reveal on how Life Fibers are alien lifeforms that sped up humanity's evolution. I thought that was a pretty novel explanation for why humans are the only species that wear clothes, why humans are so intellectually superior, etc. After that, the show was not quite amazing, kind of all over the place, but still pretty fun. As for the characters, not one of them got the development they deserved (except perhaps Ryuko and Senketsu) but for some reason I still found everyone very likeable and memorable. The animation was pretty low-q for the most part, but for some reason I didn't have a problem with this as I usually do. In fact I felt like the messiness and at times deliberately half-assed nature of the animation fit the show extremely well.

In summary: objectively most of the important aspects of the show (story, characters, animation) are kind of sub-par. But there's a certain energy and enthusiasm among all that sub-parness that made me love the show anyways. It just had a lot of personality, which most shows lack. I'll remember KLK for a very long time.
>>
Disappointing garbage
>>
File: SatsukiSenketsuTitle.jpg (94KB, 950x960px) Image search: [Google]
SatsukiSenketsuTitle.jpg
94KB, 950x960px
I wonder why if that Kill La kill is so shitty why is still the most remembered show of the two seasons it aired in.

Seriously i can barely remember other show from that period that is still as commented as KLK.
>>
>>109083557
>I'll remember KLK for a very long time.
Thank god nobody else will.
>>
>>109068581
no, but we can all agree that you are a faggot
>>
>>109083727
>I wonder why if that Kill La kill is so shitty why is still the most remembered show of the two seasons it aired in.
Because it was the shittiest?
>>
>>109083773
If you pray really hard maybe it will come true anon, just believe in it and delude yourself some more
>>
>>109068581
>can we all agree
no
>>
I
WANT
THOSE
GLOW
STICKS
>>
>>109068994
And I'm sure the 1/10 votes were fair, right?
>>
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that everyone who doesn´t like KLK is a humongous faggot with shit taste?
>>
Where did all these Kill la Kiddies come from?
>>
Not shit, but mediocre. Took me a while to realize it, I still love it though.
>>
>expecting LWA animation
>hyping trigger as anything other than crap
>Dat budget drop from episode 2 onwards
>Dat shit script full of cliches and holes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>109083918

I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but kinda, yeah.
>>
>>109068994
>I guarantee

ok and who should give a shit now?
>>
>>109083995
10/10 quality post
>>
>>109083918
You mean an angsty speshul snoflek contrarian?
>>
>>109083727
WHOA WHOA there bud, Non Non Biyori was the MOST remembered anime of that season.
>>
File: 1403101469925.jpg (574KB, 1007x1163px)
1403101469925.jpg
574KB, 1007x1163px
>>109068581

No Kill la Kill was fine I had a great time watching it and I'm currently re-watching it with a group of friends if you all are looking serious death tragedy and suffering there is plenty for you faggots to watch
>>
>>109083944
from /a/
>>
It was just as shitty as I expected it to be.

Fuck its fanbase, especially those on tumblr.
>>
>>109083557
Good to read this kind of opinion, anon. Thank you for sharing it.
>>
>>109084120
not really
>>
>>109072408
Well fucking said.

KlK is a perfect example of an otherwise good anime being overshadowed by a shit-tier main character. This truly showed in the last 10 or so episodes, which focused entirely on her and her angst.
>>
File: Kaneo_Salutes.jpg (945KB, 1440x809px)
Kaneo_Salutes.jpg
945KB, 1440x809px
It was shit because they literally fucked Dosh King.
>>
>>109084136
>friends
Bait aside, KLK is just a shitty as Madoka. Fuck off
>>
>>109084185
Yes really
>>
>>109084238
yeah, yeah its alright anon, think whatevr you want
>>
>>109084191
No wonder all the Ryuukofags were kicked off to /c/ where they belong. Do you remember those awful "appreciation threads" they had?
>>
>>109084120
Never heard of it. I think it was KLK, but for a bad reason as it was the shittiest. The best was objectively SamFlam
>>
>>109084191

bad MC or just a ton of Great side characters You dumb motherfuckers it works both ways
>>
>>109084283
Ah eyah, SamFlam was the other notorious anime from that period. But still KLK is more talked about.
>>
>>109084237

at least Kill la Kill is fun and entertaining unlike Madoka which is all cute dumb girls suffering and dying what a masterpiece
>>
>>109084329
More talked about . But that doesn't change the fact that SamFlam was the only thing good to have come from that season
>>
>>109084286
>it works both ways
Not really. A show can have a strong cast of side characters AND a good MC.
>>
>>109084283

>SamFlam

Was that the insane anime about gay kick-ass and his monkey friend?
>>
5/10
It was average.
It had a lot of soul, but the animation, budget, and direction killed it.
>>
>>109084329
>But still KLK is more talked about.
For all the wrong reasons.
>>
File: 1400816363507.jpg (366KB, 878x768px)
1400816363507.jpg
366KB, 878x768px
>>109084273
>>
>>109084373

tons of shitty shows are held up by one character
>>
>>109084417
See what I mean?
>>
>>109084444
And KlK is not one of them. They're brought down by that one character because Trigger put all their fucking eggs in one basket for no reason.

Ryuuko ruined KlK.
>>
>>109068581
Did OP make that thread on Gaf "
"Kill la Kill is everything that's wrong with modern anime"
After not getting passed the 3rd fucking episodes and bitching about so called "fanservice"
>>
>>109084501
>*It's
>>
>>109069047
>I have a correction so obviously everything you're saying is invalid
>>
>>109069666
Not the quality, just the enjoyment gotten out of it can be killed by an obnoxious fanbase.
>>
>>109070130
Each season? I swear this thread has been posted 10 times just since the finale.
>>
File: Kill la Kill.jpg (228KB, 810x1200px)
Kill la Kill.jpg
228KB, 810x1200px
>>109068581

Wow this whole thread is cancer Kill la Kill was like Hot Fuzz an action comedy paying homage to actions other movies. most of you people are complaining about things that don't even matter because it was just part of the ride yet you kids are all bent out of shape over nothing.
>>
>>109084688

That would be your fault though, only you can stop yourself from going where the "shitty fanbase" goes to discuss the anime.
>>
>>109070336
An obnoxious fanbase makes people hate the show, it doesn't change the show, but knowing so many stupid, annoying people adore it can really skew a persons perception.
>>
>>109084791
This guy kinda gets it.
>>
>>109084757
>I swear this thread has been posted 10 times just since the finale.
Only 10?
>>
>>109069666
I wouldn't say a fanbase can effect the actual quality of a show ( well except for Avatar where it's creators tried to appeal to the same shitty shipper landwhales that didn't get that it was an action show. But that's /co/shit) or product. They can however make you retroactively hate it.

I mostly disliked K-ON! because of it's obnoxious fanbase
I disliked Naruto for the same reason.

For a /v/ example i disliked the PS3 because of it's fans.

Is it silly, yeah but it happens
>>
>>109084823
Said person is a retard
>>
>>109084791
Hot Fuzz was actually good. And funny. And didn't turn into shit halfway through.
>>
I tried watching it but once the show started fetishizing sexual abuse of one of the characters I stopped watching immediately....
>>
>>109084904
Oh boy...
>>
File: KLK_Plot.jpg (153KB, 1270x768px) Image search: [Google]
KLK_Plot.jpg
153KB, 1270x768px
>>109084791

The problem is that KLK becomes a victim of it's own parodying.

By the time we get to the exposition episode / satsuki betrayal I can't tell if they're still taking the piss or if they're actually genuine. Poe's Law is a bitch I guess.
>>
>>109084286
A ton of great side characters and a bad main character defines this show, boy.

Not everything is an either/or.
>>
>>109070941
And somehow despite the massive hype, snk fans are still less obnoxious than klk, even with all the western attention snk is getting/got. The fucking snk manga showed up at my local library (in the US) for fucks sake, it isn't just an abundance of newfags, or snk would be worse, it's stupid newfags combined with tons of shit taste otaku.
>>
>>109085016
>The problem is that KLK becomes a victim of it's own parodying.
That doesn't make any sense
>>
But why bash the fanbase anyways? Didn't we all have fun shopping the shit out of every frame? Wasn't it great when loadsazeni happened? How about that time when we hyped it together? I agree the show attracted plenty of newfags, included myself, and /v/ermin but we still managed to enjoy the ride regardless. I thought it was really cool to be part of that, at least in here.
>>
File: 1400158270597.jpg (97KB, 998x810px)
1400158270597.jpg
97KB, 998x810px
>>109084884
>Hot Fuzz was actually good. And funny
>>
File: 1400874123172.jpg (967KB, 1029x800px)
1400874123172.jpg
967KB, 1029x800px
>>109084884

it's the same thing Kill la Kill stayed fun through out and they made sure it never got serious. like most of this thread is crying about the climate for anime is so fucking shit right now where we get a legit show that not trying tear at your heart with pure suffering or cuteness and you faggots sit here and berate it for not being like all the other garbage out
>>
They should have just killed everyone off in the final episode and have a Gainax-tier ending where the villain wins.
>>
>>109085149
No, no. I think KlK was just not very good. Call me crazy.
>>
>>109085154

Well, we still have an OVA left and Nui is not even dead so...
>>
File: 1397481257224.gif (861KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1397481257224.gif
861KB, 300x169px
>>109085037
>snk fans are still less obnoxious than klk,
I've met a lot of people who liked KLK but the highest praised it's garnered was that it was a fun show and they enjoyed it none of the 10/10 BEST ANIME EVAR of the SnK crowd.
>>
>>109085200
>the OVA is titled One Final Goodbye because everyone dies
Don't get my hopes up, anon.
>>
>>109085037
>The fucking snk manga showed up at my local library (in the US) for fucks sake
This....is not a big deal....at all. Manga has always been available at local libraries.
>>
>>109085016

How couldn't you tell? the Nudist Beach Mecha? all the jokes with Gama all the old anime references? all the comedy elements where there the whole time, face it you wanted Kill la Kill to be something it wasn't from the get go
>>
>>109085362
If KlK's a comedy, then why aren't I laughing?
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (35KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
35KB, 680x382px
Never forget
>>
>>109084405
exactly.
>>
>>109072408
>>109072455
>>109084191
>The rest of the cast at least have proper motivations. Fucking Takarada was a better character then Ryuuko.
You just proved his point retards. Once you brought up Takarada a character that's only used as a purpose of an unfunny meme you lost the argument.
>>
>>109085416
Because you are a bitter cunt?
>>
>>109085436
I hear they're firing it in the next Drama CD. One down, a shitzillion more to go.
>>
>>109072441
>but they shouldn't have bothered to give the Devas the attention and detail they got in the first cour in the first place
They didn't get that much attention to begin with, you fags just blew things out of proportion.
>>
>>109072453
>Monkey got better executed character development in his single episode than the MC did in whole show.
This is why you NEVER take "insert character" fags seriously.
>>
>>109085416

I'm not sure maybe it's not funny to you if not move on it's not the show for you stop being mad that the comedy didn't appeal to your tastes.
>>
>>109085618
I won't move on until you start using some fucking commas, faggot.
>>
>>109072275
>Sanageyama, Gamagori and Tsumugu got their own episodes with minimal Ryuuko in them
>minimal

Ryuuko had involvement in all their episodes. Tsumugu's episode was 75% Ryuuko, Gama's episode was 75% Ryuuko, Uzu's episode was 75% Ryuuko. Not one of them had an episode all to themselves.
>>
>>109085601
>implying
Monkey's character development:
>I'm a cocky bastard and I get my shit handed to me but then I man the fuck up and learn from my mistakes until Trigger forgets that I did that and makes me a cocky bastard again so I can job to some 2hu reject
Ryuuko's character "development":
>JESUS FUCK WHY CAN'T I STOP LOSING MY WAY HOLY SHIT NOW I KNOW I WANT TO DO THE THING I WAS FUCKING DOING ALL SERIES LONG OH MY GOD TIME FOR A STUPID SPACE BATTLE MOM PLS COME BACK EVEN THOUGH YOURE EVIL OH NO SENKETSU WHY
>>
>>109084283
>SamFlam
>good

People did not talk about SamFlam because it was good. Far fucking from it.
>>
>>109068581
>Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that kill la kill was shit?

Wasn't shit.

Wasn't "bestest thing evah!" either.

I would rate it at about a 7.5/10. It had some great visuals and characters, but I really felt the story and plot were underdeveloped and lacked any real fleshing out. The Alien spore angel sorta wasn't my cup of tea, either.

It's a show that would have really benefited from going more into the past a bit with the character relations.
>>
>>109085644

You know, I was mad at Steins;Gate for being so cheap with convenient tragedies and deaths then I got over it, you should do the same Kill la Kill is not for you move on or stay mad
>>
So when are we going to get doujins of Satsuki being violated in prison
>>
I did not watch a single episode of this show while sober and the vast majority of it was with other people. So I don't know how my experience with it is going to relate to everyone else's.
>>
File: eyjp.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
eyjp.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>109085767
You need to try harder next time.
>>
>>109085784
Hopefully soon. And they better be fucking nasty.
>>
>>109085770
>Confirmed for not having ever been in a SamFlam thread
>>
>>109085841
>Retards acting retarded

Every SamFlam thread
>>
File: LOGH.jpg (198KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
LOGH.jpg
198KB, 800x800px
>>109084283
>The best was objectively SamFlam
>>
File: 1395606714568.gif (3MB, 480x320px)
1395606714568.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>>109084370
>>109084283
>Putting good and SamFlam in the same sentence

If there is any pure example of /a/ undeniable shit taste it's this and Symphongear.
>>
>>109068581
>can we all agree
Whenever OP starts with this kind of retardation the answer is always No.
>>
>>109084283
>The best was objectively SamFlam
Said no one ever!
>>
>>109086018
but this time, the OP is absolutely right, KlK was a steaming pile of shit
>>
So now that we know KlK is shit, what could Trigger do in the future if they ever returned to it in order to make it not shit? Or is it irredeemable?
>>
>>109086055
I blame Nui
>>
>>109086139
make it revolve completely around the devas

Kill off ryuko and mako
>>
File: 1393313009530.jpg (33KB, 300x529px) Image search: [Google]
1393313009530.jpg
33KB, 300x529px
How I see KLK is that Trigger took the Sukeban Deka OVA, blended it with the RE: Cutie Honey OVA, and then rolled down their pants and took a huge dump on it.
>>
>>109086213
Leave it to fans to suggest something worse than the actual show.
>>
>Top Tier
1-8, 16-18

>Okay Tier
9-15

>Shit Tier
Everything else
>>
>>109086300
Pretty much.
>>
>>109086213
Why kill Mako? she was excellent.
>>
>>109086139
More yuri.
>>
>>109086372
>Mako
>excellent
>>
>>109086498
Yeah, exactly. I'm glad you understand.
>>
>>109085467
No, we didn't. You're just begging the question now.
>>
File: 1396460341206.jpg (183KB, 620x874px) Image search: [Google]
1396460341206.jpg
183KB, 620x874px
Still OTP
>>
ITT - Shit opinions nobody cares about because i still love KLK and am glad it exists and that i watched every week.
>>
File: nuicoptor.gif (3MB, 360x203px)
nuicoptor.gif
3MB, 360x203px
It would have been, if not for Nui.
Nui a best.
>>
It was good.
Not the best thing I've ever seen by a mile, but still enjoyable enough.
>>
If KLK more yuri, I will give 10/10
>>
>>109089265
Gotta admit that scene made me crack a smile. It was so out of place seeing Nui dressed as a pilot and discovering that she can in fact pilot a helicopter was fun to watch.
>>
File: 1402891689767.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1402891689767.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>109068581
I enjoyed it
>>
File: nui.gif (914KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
nui.gif
914KB, 580x580px
>>109090089
I like to imagine she's never flown a helicopter before and was just kinda winging it the whole time.
>>
>>109068581
Start was fantastic
Middle was meh to boring
End was disappointing but decent

It was okay, but wasted potential
Thread posts: 412
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.