[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /3/ How should I model this espresso maker? Should I model

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Oscar-II-milk.jpg (1MB, 2944x3441px) Image search: [Google]
Oscar-II-milk.jpg
1MB, 2944x3441px
sup /3/

How should I model this espresso maker?

Should I model every part separately (upper black plastic, black tray, metal sides, metal front,...) or try to fit as much as I can into a single object?
>>
>>580392
for a high poly model do them all separately, for a low poly game model do whatever will use the least triangles.
>>
id say first blockout the main block then slowly add all the panels and button/insets when finishing
>>
>>580395
>>580398

Thank you for the advice! I started doing it separately as all the small bumps/details are giving me a head ache with the edge loops.

Since on the real model there are clear seams for different parts where the machine was assembled. What would be the best way to achieve this without textures? Should I leave clear holes/lines between the parts and just extrude them inwards a bit so the obvious backface culling (clipping) of the emptiness inside isn't that obvious or is there a better way?

Thanks
>>
>>580408
>I started doing it separately as all the small bumps/details are giving me a head ache with the edge loops.
I'm guessing you're taking about stuff like the ridges on the top? Just use boolean union for stuff like that, you'll waste way too much time actually extruding detail from properly placed loops, and it can all be cleaned up afterwards anyway. For example that switch-looking thing on top I'd just chamfer a cylinder, boolean it into the top plate, and then subtract the hole for the switch.

>Since on the real model there are clear seams for different parts where the machine was assembled. What would be the best way to achieve this without textures? Should I leave clear holes/lines between the parts and just extrude them inwards a bit so the obvious backface culling (clipping) of the emptiness inside isn't that obvious or is there a better way?
Just select the edge loop where you want the "split" to happen and extrude the edge inwards. If you're going to be manually putting chunks together, then you still want the mesh to be "sealed off"at the end. Even if the split goes just a little bit in, AO and shadows will be enough to make the seam look fine at any angle, but never leave the mesh open for culling or backfaces to be visible at any angle, you'll run into issues eventually, especially if you choose to bake maps for something like a game.
>>
File: 33769670010_4f65526380_b.jpg (305KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
33769670010_4f65526380_b.jpg
305KB, 1024x1024px
>>580392
If it's a separate part IRL, model it as a separate part.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.