[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Degrees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
unnamed.png
43KB, 300x300px
What are the most respected degrees in the industry?
Pick unrelated
>>
Comp Sci, Physics, or Mathematics + a good showreel.

Don't waste time on an actual degree in creating stuff in 3d. You don't need 4 years at school to learn that
>>
I spent 7 years on a fucking game art and design degree anon. 7 fucking years. Do I have any projects that I can show now? nah. Did I learn how to model and light things? barely. I got what was basically a bunch of crash courses on industry software, useful if you have no access to the internet or a computer, like I was for quite a while, but its just not worth it. I couldve left, but I naively thought that itd get better. Worse even, since the local games industry is pretty much in its infancy over here, there were a lot of colleges that offered "game design" degrees the one I assisted in was the oldest, having been digital art focused for a few decades. bah.

That said I made some good friends, got a girlfriend and some friendly connections, but I couldve spent that money elsewhere. I think I learned more during the final stages of the degree, ie: the capstone project, than I did all those years.

Just learn how to do something that you cant learn online anon. don't chain yourself unnecessarily to debt like I did.
>>
no such thing as a respected degree.

MAYBE with mechanical engineering and aerospace you have a guaranteed job for life. but with everything else is like gambling in the stock market. 50% of college graduates don't work in their field of study.

what you should do is start working now and invest, you are wasting time with government funded scams
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.