[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started 1 week ago learning mudbox trying to build anime cell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Unity 2017-08-27 06-32-49-92_1.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Unity 2017-08-27 06-32-49-92_1.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I started 1 week ago learning mudbox trying to build anime cell shaded characters. This my progress. Yellow is first days, pink is today. It is the rough blocking sculpt with some mixamo animation (I manually adjusted the hips on the pink one but not much, just to give a more feminine look) in Unity. What do you think? I think there is something wrong with the shoulders in the pink one.
Any suggestion welcome I wanna finish the basic blocking of a feminine figure and go into details and painting.
Next post is my reference. My goal.
>>
reference
>>
>>579464

What the hell! Dude, you can't use a picture like that as a reference.
>>
>>579465

I want to do a concepting work as well. I want to approach the feminine look while concepting in clay. The image floods with feminine action hero elements and feminine exagerated parts.
>>
>>579466
You fucked up, son.
Looking at what you posted in the OP it's obvious you have no knowledge of human anatomical proportions.
Look at it this way. Anime is a stylization of real-world material. To accomplish this stylization, anime artists first acquire a complete understanding of realistic proportions, then emphasize *real-life* characteristics that exemplify traits such as cuteness or sexiness.
This is bad for you, because if you don't know exactly *how* to achieve base proportions that look right, you'll never be able to fix all the mistakes that arise when experimenting with stylization.

My advice is to pick up a couple books or video tutorials on realistic sculptor's anatomy (either clay sculpting or zbrush, whichever) and revisit anime once you have a better understanding of anatomy in general.
Also. Studying other artists' work as a base is the *second* step after studying from life. But once you feel ready to move onto that, I'd recommend studying 3D models of anime/cartoon characters just as much as drawn art, if not more so. Stylizing shapes in 2D and 3D are completely different games, and there's some "cheats" done in 2D that don't work in 3D or need to be done differently.
>>
>>579467
it's not even that difficult, just learn golden ratio to avoid 90% of aesthetic atrocities
>>
>>579480
OP here. How much of aesthetic atrocity has the pink one? From 1=100% to 10=perfect. I need some feedback here as I am concepting with my sense in 3D. I need another "eye".
I understand what >>579467 means. I have some experience in academic drawing but not much. His point is reasonable. But I thought just as >>579480 thought.
Also, today begins my second week with digital sculpting and mudbox.
>>
your reference image has foreshortening and perspective in it, which is leading to you messing up certain proportions like making the head too small.
>>
>>579568
>But I thought just as >>579480 thought.
There are no shortcuts buddy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.