[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arnold (left) vs Redshift (right), default settings on both with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: ArnoldvsRedshift.png (1MB, 1270x720px) Image search: [Google]
ArnoldvsRedshift.png
1MB, 1270x720px
Arnold (left) vs Redshift (right), default settings on both with default maya materials.

>The fucking state of Redshift

Lmao

No but for real, why does Redshift looks so shit.
>>
I don't get it, materials are different, e.g. the floor is a lot more reflective, also the lights are dimmer on the right. What are you trying to say? Why not just, like, tweak them to look the same and then compare?
>>
>>579141
>materials are different, e.g. the floor is a lot more reflective, also the lights are dimmer on the right. What are you trying to say? Why not just, like, tweak them to look the same and then compare?
Nope, i fucking deleted it because i am retarded but the materials were completly the same, i literally just rendered a frame with arnold saved it then switched to redshift and rendered it again, i am genuily curious why it looks so shit cause i'd like to actually switch to Redshift so i can use my 1080.
>>
>>579142
what about the lamps?
>>
>>579143
Two maya area lights from what i remember
>>
>>579142
But don't Arnold and Redshift use their own materials which are made specifically for them? Why did you use Maya's default materials? They probably just calculate those values differently, so you just need to get used to the workflow of your chosen render. I mean, you always need to tweak your materials when switching to another render.

E.g. when I import my scene to UE4, of course I have to make new materials there, as well as use UE4's lights. Arnold and Redshift have their own lights too, why use Maya's, though?
>>
The tone mapping (exposure) is wrong or unset for the Redshit version but it doesn't matter because the Arnold one looks so much better.
>>
>>579147
>But don't Arnold and Redshift use their own materials which are made specifically for them?

So why does the Maya material look decent on Arnold but completly shit in Redshift?
>>
>>579148
doesn't look like exposure, to me it seems like the lamp works different values when changing render engine
>>
>>579142
They obviously werent the same because the roughness values are definitely different. Look at the fucking floor. Use the Redshift specific material stuff and you won't have stupid comparisons like this
>>
>>579167
I bet my fucking left nut they were the same, i myself created them. The thing is why does Redshit need specific materials but Arnold not?
>>
>>579149
>They probably just calculate those values differently, so you just need to get used to the workflow of your chosen render.
You wouldn't use Maya's default materials in a real life situation ffs. This comparison doesn't make sense.
>>
>>579168
I bet you my fucking left nut that Redshift defaulted the roughness to 0 for everything and you're retarded if you don't realise that. Every renderer I've used requires their own materials and nodes because of the math and shading properties involved. Just because Arnold can read the basic properties from a Maya material it does not mean you won't be better served using an Arnold material.

If you want to learn Redshift, which you should if you have a 1080 and wanna make the most of it, then you'll have to realise you need to use a fucking Redshift material. Comparisons like this make zero sense because for such a basic scene they would look identical if you had actually made the materials with Arnold and Redshift materials respectively. Saul Espinosa and Jesus Fernandez both have plenty of good Redshift tutorials for Maya, you should start there.

The take-away should be that in this instance it is not one renderer outperforming the other, it is you not realising how your software works.
>>
>>579171
This.
OP is a moron.
/thread
>>
Even if OP is retarded Arnold will still always produce a better image than Redshift
>>
This has to be bait.
>>
>>579139
>default maya materials....
you are as dumb as they come
>>
>>579139

Oh snap! I bet all those losers who spent money on a Redshift license in order to render scenes that use fucking Maya materials are gonna be pissed off.
>>
>>579175
And it wall always be slower doing so.
>>
That's some badass trolling OP
>>
Redshift is wayyyy worse than I thought.
>>
>>579246
Yeah that's why so many are switching over to it.
>>
>>579261
>Maximum damage control
>>
>>579139
>lamo why hanst this program updated to have decent looking default renders
if you dont remember maya took almost two decades of shit defaults and shit rendering before they paid arnold to use their renderer
this thread isnt constructive
go shitpost on facepunch or redditt
>>
>>579139
Octane maybe hated now but it certainly looks better than Redshift results by a long shot.
>>
>>579281
You are stupid if you think you can judge an Renderer by one image, done by a retard.
And while Octane does produce nice images, it gets slow very fast, and doesn't have an out of core functionality.
>>
>>579139
unrelated but why are there so few arnold tutorials? specifically c4dtoa?
>>
>>579873
Arnold is pretty straight forward. You don't need a lot of tutorials to get going. Plus it started out in VFX companies where the employees either had training or other skilled artists to ask questions to.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.