[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1911.png (79KB, 833x524px) Image search: [Google]
1911.png
79KB, 833x524px
I'm attempting my first "serious" asset creation where I take it slower than usual and try my best and actually complete it. It'll be my first portfolio piece if it's good enough in the end.

I'm worried by how long it's taking me though. The pistol in my pic for example has taken me about 5 hours so far. How long would it take someone employed in a game development company?
>>
pull off the grip pattern and the engravings.
other than that, not bad
>>
>>578829
The shape of the grip looks fucky but it could just be the FoV + angle. If you based it off a side view of the real thing it should probably be fine.

5 hours seems on par to get this much stuff done, assuming you're doing it with subd modeling (control loops everywhere) and are actually trying to get clean geo and all your details. It might be a bit slow to get to that point but you'll pick up speed with experience.

Good assets take a lot of time to complete. Two weeks would be a rough estimate of time to fully make a detailed first person weapon, or complex hero prop in a game (from initial high poly to final textures). Most of the time will be spent on your HP and texturing, with a smaller (but almost equivalent) amount of time to make the LP, UV it and bake.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.