[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all know "big" studios use programs like Nuke,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1500649049422.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500649049422.gif
2MB, 500x500px
So we all know "big" studios use programs like Nuke, Maya and/or Houdini, but what do they use when they actually have the scenes ready for the movie and they have to put together the movie + add the usual credits etc. etc. shit that doesn't necesarily require too much work.
I doubt they use Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas
>>
>>578629

Not FX. Editing houses do that kind of final pass.

da vinci and Avid

credits is a job of it own.
>>
I have heard that Cinema 4d is used often for titles. But more for complex ones. For credits... i don't know really.
>>
>>578631
>Avid
>Being used

What the fuck i always thought it was a piece of shit
>>
>>578635
Avid was once the industry standard for editing before Final Cut came around.
>>
>>578635
Avids ui looks like it's from 1993. someone should do an a e s t h e t i c update
>>
>>578640
>>578635

avid is current top shelf end game editing though?

im not talking quality thats another thing. but it is what is used most often by big tv and film studios
>>
>>578632
C4D is for 3D motion graphics. Titles in blockbuster films are usually a more elaborate process with a combination of Maya/Nuke/Houdini or similar. C4D could still be used but is not really the default. For credits you could use programs like Endcrawl.
>>
>Avid
>DaVinci
>Final Cut

So which one is the standard? Which one is the "nuke".
>>
>>578659
All of them can match the standard. It boils down to personal preference.

There is also Nuke studio.
>>
>>578659
>>578659
None of them.

Why do you dobut they use premiere? That's the standard.
Avid is old as fuck and has lots of issues like managing mixed framerates.
DaVinci is for color correction, the editor is too simple and the ui is unflexible.
Final Cut is for children.
>>
Premiere cut "Deadpool" and "Gone Girl", so yeah and Survivorman used Vegas.....Avid was used for The Force Awakens....depends what the editor prefers...they all cut files...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.