[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /3/ i need your help I'm getting crazy, How do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Okay /3/ i need your help I'm getting crazy,

How do you get hard surfaces?

I mean, i know blender and maya, but for example the subsurface method in blender plus edge loops looks like shit, and hard ops doesn't feel right ( i already have it), and in Maya 2018, I use smooth but it's the same, shit looks ugly even when the edge loops are properly added, if it's matter I'm build an ak but literally feels impossible to get the hard feel.

Short: Proper way of getting hard edges smoothing surfaces, etc, in any, or maya or Blender.
>>
watch these. He is our GOD

https://www.youtube.com/user/Askguden/videos
>>
>>578183

That's modo if I'm not wrong, well, i suppose it will the same as arrimus 3d.
>>
File: 1494900966756.gif (430KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494900966756.gif
430KB, 480x270px
long story short, git gud.

i have seen many people, including from this board that make guns,cars and even robots in regular subD modeling.
>>
>>578185

Yes!, I mean, in blender with hard ops i can do something, like that, just using bevels, but the thing is that it doesn't feel right, what i need is a workflow, after watching lots of videos they just make low poly shit and then poof hard edges n shit.
>>
>>578186
you might want to get a masterclass lesson.
its basically a lesson that goes through something that is supposed to be really hard to test your skills and improve
in blender, for example. you have this

https://cgmasters.net/training-courses/complete-vehicle-production-in-blender/
or in 3ds max you would have something like this
https://gumroad.com/timb

you can probably pirate some of these but, support the devs.
>>
>>578180
Are you beveling? You need to bevel pretty much everything
>>
>>578196

Yeah, but is beveling the proper method? Or is just a situation of preference between bevel and subsurface/smooth?

Also is it okay to start with low poly elements and then add detail?
>>
>>578197
use the bevel shader like Tor does mate
>>
>>578197
Blender doesn't have a bevel shader built in (I believe there's some script that approximates it) but yes you want to bevel (with the modifier, imo) and then bake from a high poly to a low poly (if it's for a game or animation or a really intensive render where that optimization is worth it)
>>
>>578180
try fusion 360 its awesome
>>
>>578208

Thanks for the advice but no, i already learned enough shit basic shit for each program, i would prefer to get the basic workflow.
>>
>>578206

But doesn't the subsurf modifier destroy it?
>>
>>578211

I mean the bevel.
>>
>>578213
No? It depends on the stack order:

Bevel Modifier ( Bevel Weights )
Subdivision

Use the Edge Bevel Weight (Ctrl E, you can bind a key to it if you like) to control what edges look smooth or sharp. The power of Hard-Ops is that it very quickly does all the stuff you'd be doing by hand with subdivision, bevel modifier, mirror modifier, and booleans
>>
>>578217

Wow, it really works!, Do you think this would work in maya as well? (Obvious tools are different, but with the smooth thingy)
>>
>>578180
>subsurface method in blender plus edge loops looks like shit
then you're doing it wrong.
i've literally never had a problem.
>>
>>578217
This is great man, appreciate the tip.
>>
>>578245

You're probably right, but for example when making an ak stock it works flawlessly, but when making the receiver i don't know what to do to make the edges sharp without making the mesh round.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.