[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone fucking help me cause i am getting slowly brain cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 31321531355115.jpg (328KB, 1920x1043px) Image search: [Google]
31321531355115.jpg
328KB, 1920x1043px
Can someone fucking help me cause i am getting slowly brain cancer here, so this is the first model i made and i am trying to UV him here, So i cut his arm as most tutorial say and then i try to unfold it but every fucking time i get this stupid ass error :

>Mesh has non-manifold edges. Clean up the mesh before using unfold.

I read about it a bit online so i cleaned up my mesh like 50 fucking times it doesn't have any glitch from what i've seen BUT ITS STILL GIVING ME THIS SHITTY ERROR PLEASE FUCKING HELP
>>
File: 1412412142142.png (242KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1412412142142.png
242KB, 1920x1041px
Okay i realized where the faggot cunt may have a problem, when i do the cleanup it completly ruins the back area of my mesh (or more like the wings connection area). Pic related the verts that get fucked up when i cleanup, this is pre-cleanup .What the fuck is wrong with this geometry that makes it have "non-manifold" edges? Looks ok to me
>>
>>577934
????

did you box model that? Might actually be simpler if you sculpted first. I find that reduces a lot of errors that can be made in topology.
>>
>>577939

He already mentioned that this was the first model he made, would be better to learn box modelling before sculpting
>>
>>577939
Box model.
>>
>>577934

I have issues viewing your 2nd image for some reason.

Non-manifold edges mainly happen because of 2 reasons

1. Your model has holes in it/certain faces might be reversed.
These faces appear black colored. Click on them, Click Mesh Display> Reverse.

or

2. You have additional faces inside your model that does not makes sense. Click Shading(viewport menu)> X-ray. Then try deleting these faces
>>
>>577934

>>577943

The "577943" guy here, Try moving faces around in x-ray mode. Sometimes there might be two overlapping faces in the place of one.
>>
Fixed it, The problem was that when i combined an object i forgot to delete a face, i am retarded.
>>
>>577946

nah not retard, these kinda stuff happens a lot when you are new :)
>>
>>577934
A common cause of this is double extruding without realising and leaving a face under the extrude. It happens a lot if you don't undo enough in maya as the first undo of a moved extrude takes you back to an extruded face in the position of the original selection.
>>
>>577946
>combined an object
You mean Boolean combine or did you just literally make them one object and manually welded the verts?
>>
>>578057
Same thing in Blender. I wish that undo would instantly undo the extrusion rather than the location of it. It's easier to go "oh, I forgot to extrude" than "oh, i have duplicate faces here due to an old extrude"
>>
>>578114
Brought two objects together close combined them and welded their verts together,
>>
>>577934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLhazEa8wmw&t=411s this will show you some of the steps and what tools to use.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.