[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first face ever after starting up 3D modelling one and half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 5325532532235235.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5325532532235235.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
My first face ever after starting up 3D modelling one and half week ago, is the topology ok for low tier animation or did i i fuck up somewhere
>>
>>577102
you fucked up somewhere.
google a "face topology" picture and rip it off.
>>
>>577137
It's a very low poly head, the topology is more or less correct. Just fix that damn nose.
>>
>>577772
Also the cheeks looks like they're sucking on something
>>
Don't create organic characters box modeling. Sculpt them and retopologize.

Box modeling organic characters is an archaic practice that you really should snap out of as soon as possible, because it will only hold you back.

Download Sculptris, which is free, or buy/pirate Zbrush, which is the industry standard for character design.
>>
>>577782
Yeah I'd say box modeling is only for prop and man made objects. Tor Frick is a good example. If you want to even create trees, roots, caves or rock formations even I'd go with sculpting. If it's rocks and caves maybe doing a basic polygon model and then bringing it in to zbrush and fleshing it out
>>
>>577782
there is nothing wrong with modeling organics
this was the way of life 20 years ago
>>
>>577782
Modelers that can't draw use sculpting as a crutch. If you can draw, you should be able to draw your character in a few orthographic views and box model it from that saving you from the tedious retopo process. Only use sculpting if you want to make something with a noisy or complex texture or something that can't really be illustrated in orthographic drawings.
>>
>>577102

Topo is generally ok. Might want to use image ref for your nose though. Looks like someone punched him hard.
>>
>>577859
You have no idea and should not give advice to anyone, have a good day.
>>
>>577949
>I can't draw and use sculpting as a crutch
Truth is you'll waste time re proportioning your sculpture when you could've just drawn it with correct proportions in the first place and box modeled from that.
>>
>>577962
You're wasting time convincing people that you are an idiot who doesn't know shit with every post you do.
>>
>>577962
I understand what you are saying here but it's not black and white. Sometimes if I'm working on a personal project I find it really good to just get in Zbrush and push around the clay until I find something I like. It gives me a much better view of all my characters dimensions from the get go and retopology isn't a big deal when you know what you are doing. I find this a lot faster than working from image planes and box/edge modelling.
>>
>>577859

Uh, I draw references AND sculpt, and most people using Zbrush overlap more with artistic skill than the technical skill needed for box modeling.

At best, box modeling is a tedious and unintuitive way of modeling organic things, and at worst, it might compromise your character/object's design. It is much better to have a solid 3D character design to project a new topology on to than having the box modeling technique decide how faithful the 3D model will be.

>>577856

> this was the way of life 20 years ago

> 20 years ago
>>
The topology is okay but must be shaped up better.
As far as box modeling vs sculpting.
It depends on if you are going for realism or stylized.

If you are going for realism you should use material based textures, then you should sculpt your head, then retopologize for realism, then bake textures and place on low topology head.

If you are going to hand paint your textures then you can box model your head.

Sculpting will give a more realistic head.
Box-modeling will give a more stylized topology and head.
Both can be hand painted and both can use materials.
>>
File: dtgfcj.png (142KB, 1119x858px) Image search: [Google]
dtgfcj.png
142KB, 1119x858px
>>577849
box modelling is good for certain aesthetics too though

I've been working on characters for a JSRF spiritual successor and box modelling suits the angular, medium-poly aesthetic we're going for better than sculpting would
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.