[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there are billions of ways of modelling a 3d Face, some start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 325325235235235.jpg (63KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
325325235235235.jpg
63KB, 960x540px
So there are billions of ways of modelling a 3d Face, some start from creating polygon after polygon around the eye/mouth and then jaw and connect those, some use box modelling and then just move the vertex/extrude to form the parts of the head, some just sculpt the whole thing and retopology it after. But what about you? What do you do? Also whats the easiest way in your opinion?
>>
>>576950
Never ever use faces captured with fish eye lense on camera.

I do box modelling. I model so rarely that I usually use same model I made year or two ago and edit it a bit.
>>
Use a mold made of plaster that you then scan in
>>
depending on the level of detail you are looking for.

if its just a simple mesh + diffuse texture then use what you are doing now.
if you want pimples and skin detail use zbrush
>>
>>576952
lens doesn't matter, it just zooms in the image same as how you would zoom in on a jpeg--just cropping inward. the thing that actually changes the face from perspective is distance.

though yeah people tend to use wide angle to capture close up images, they're not gonna put on an 8mm, back up 6 feet, and then crop the image down to 6% the normal size.

if you want to model a head and you're using orthographic view then you'll be better off with photos taken at a very long distance to get closer to a flat perspective, otherwise you could end up about doubling the perspective distortion by modelling it into the figure and adding it again in the render. i suspect this might have happened in that mass effect game everyone forgot.
>>
>>576952
>lense
>>
>>576950

box modelling a technique older than the dinosaurs.
>>
File: 858_tid_001.jpg (43KB, 588x378px) Image search: [Google]
858_tid_001.jpg
43KB, 588x378px
>>576975
I do the right way.
>>
>>576985
+ And I think it's the easiest way.
You can let everything pre-modeled and refine it later or don't.
>>
>>576985
Wait what is this
>>
>>577039
Those are called "edge loops".
>>
>>576985
this is how people should always model something that can be animated.
too bad it's impossible to do that in a first pass with anything that isn't as staple as a human face.
>>
>>576952
>I model so rarely
oh good, you're just the person to lecture then
>>
>>576985

curve modeling?
>>
Fuse/Makehuman?
Intel RealSense?
>>
>>576952
There are filters to reverse fish eye effect
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.