[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A thought occured to me while working: is there a sane way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

A thought occured to me while working: is there a sane way to avoid awful pixelation when baking multiple layered objects? I know IN GENERAL these things aren't super noticeable after texturing but it still consistently bothers me how UGLY it looks.
>>
increase padding maybe
>>
Per part baking limits pixelation on the crossing surfaces to an extent. Idea is to seperate parts with intersecting faces to different meshes, and bake them seperately. Substance atleast does it easily at the push of a button. You just need to seperate and name the parts.
>>
>>576338
it's not a padding issue, more an issue that comes up on overlapping/intersecting high poly geometry. my padding is at 40 for this, so seams on UV hulls look fine.

for reference, here's the same thing with the colormap and AO applied. while it looks better, it's still kinda ugly looking in those areas.
>>
>>576340
you probably didn't export your polygroups. it allows you to work with an ID map, check if you have one
>>
>>576339
So i just need to make sure sectioned parts are named in the fbx and it'll handle it? That shouldn't be difficult to do if that's the case.
>>
well, wait, I suppose Xnormal doesn't understand IDs, does it? It often makes a huge fuss about fbx files with lots of objects. I guess I could just start doing bakes in Substance if it's really that much of a difference.
>>
>>576342
when exporting highpoly,make sure all objects are seperated and make sure polygroups are exported as well in the .obj
>>
I'll give that a shot when I get home from work then, thanks!
>>
needs mor anti aliassing
>>
>>576336
>baking multiple layered objects
should be one mesh, op.
if you have multiple meshes then your model is shit.
>>
using Substance did the trick, though it did act a little funny. trying to figure out why it baked part of the normalmap wrong, but it's probably nothing that can't be fixed
>>
>>576410
Try the normal map fix substance. It's on substance share. It requires you to bake non-averaged normals, export them, then bake averaged normals and export them. Then it does some math fuckery to fix black edges and distortions.
>>
>>576446
Ah, nothing like that. it was an issue of it not liking that my low-poly was in fbx format. I exported it to obj and used that instead and everything was smooth sailing.
>>
>>576474
Ah, cool. Had no idea SP didn't play nice with fbx. Probably explains some annoying artifacts I've had in the past
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.