[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Poor as shit >Pirate Maya >Plan on making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4492.jpg (41KB, 446x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4492.jpg
41KB, 446x444px
>Be me
>Poor as shit
>Pirate Maya
>Plan on making games and models for people
>Learn for about 3 months
>Hear that apparently someone can look at the metadata of my files and see that I didnt really buy it
>Delete Maya immediately

Should I keep learning Maya even though I can't do shit with it or should I just go to Blender? Also, can someone really look at the metadata and find that information out?
>>
That's bullshit. Only the guy sitting at autodesk hq with a list of licenses is going to be able to look at your giant dildos metadata and see that it was made with an illigitimate copy.

He's not going to check.
>>
>>576079
>pirating inferior software
you got what you deserved.
>>
>>576079
It's weird right? The things that we put off and make excuses for. One little road bump and you're ready to throw in the towel. Plenty of people pirate, get away with it, and produce great things.

You're really going to let a simple hang up stop you?
>>
>>576096
Here we meet again, Autodesk eployee. I must say it's really pathetic of you to try to promote your products even for the cost of piracy. I don't think OP is going to recommend your software to anyone or buy a legit copy anytime in the future, so your attempts are futile.

Don't listen to that guy OP, he's trying to imprison you in habit of using maya interface and unable you further development as a 3d artist just for a chance of him earning couple of bucks. Autodesk truly is a sad story.
>>
>>576079
>>Hear that apparently someone can look at the metadata of my files and see that I didnt really buy it
no, this is bullshit. What you do is you process the FBX file into your own format then delete the FBX file. You never include raw FBX into your shippable products
>>
you never head of "file laundering"?
>>
>>576098
This is really weird roleplay. If you actually read what I wrote, I was suggesting that OP shouldn't give up just because he learned some info about pirating. And I know you didn't read what I wrote because I even encouraged pirating. And I think it's pretty funny you even can fathom the idea I work for Autodesk. Why the fuck would someone waste their time from that company on this chink weeb board?
>>
>>576085
>inferior
And why is that?
>>
>>576101
>And I know you didn't read what I wrote because I even encouraged pirating.
It's funny that you mention that because I adressed that part in my post, so I can just assume you didn't even read what I wrote.

>Why the fuck would someone waste their time from that company on this chink weeb board?
Yes, why would anyone do that? Why would anyone just get on the internet and tell lies? You tell me, Autodesk.
>>
Only time license has mattered to me is when I started working at a company with a legitimate publisher (and I got away with providing work under an Autodesk student license). Since nobody doing /agdg/ indie games is a legit business owner, that isn't going to matter to you.
>>
>>576100
So like making it in Maya then opening it in Blender and exporting from there?
>>
>nog exporting everything to obj and then importing it in blender and then exporting from blender to your game so they thing you made everything using garbage 3d software that is free
>>
>>576079
Unless you're selling your files you shouldn't be scared.

If you are selling your files, export as OBJ and then import it in blender then re-export the file.

That's practically like hiding behind two proxies.
>>
>>576884
This guy! Where is the beer i need a pack for this motherfucker genius.
>>
are you a dummy? Unless you are handing out the literal files, no one will be able to tell. If you're exporting the obj or fbx to a game engine, thats like two layers to go through, and even then they'd have to be looking for this shit

also no one fucking cares, literally everyone pirates software
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.