[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1501762463295.jpg (173KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501762463295.jpg
173KB, 640x640px
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but...

I recently played the game "The Beginner's Guide" and was amazed at the architecture and spaces within the game. Looking at the amazing life like Unreal Engine 4 lifelike simulations is mind blowing too. I love it so much that I've decided that that's what I want to do.
But where should I start? I'm up for going to college for this stuff. Do I take a minor in "Game Art and Animation" or do I go for "Computer Programming" ?
Any advice would be great.
>>
You should get a PhD in reading the sticky.

And realise that this is a very broad and complex field taking years to get good at. The pay will be bad and there won't be much job security.
>>
>>575911
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3d+modeling+software

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3d+modeling+colleges

if you're serious about a career in 3d modeling, design, animation, shading, scripting, and helping to shape the forefront of the industry, that's your best bet.

>go to school
>learn your software in depth
>pay attention in school
>watch videos of others in action/work with others
>work with others, not rely on them. always out perform yourself on your part of a project.

passion = success.
passion without knowledge = a dream.
passion with knowledge = a dream made reality.

if you're absolutely dedicated to pushing it, you'll push it.

anybody that nay says in this thread is just being a bit too internet.

>no i'm not a pro 3d person
>i'm youtube tutorial and fun 3d fag

i'm a professional guitarist and composer and i can tell you that passion for art makes you an artist.

getting paid makes you a professional, and nobody will hire you without at least some proof of knowledge of what you're doing.
>>
>>575917
Apparently it's like "Start learning coding/doing shit and shit will happen"

I'll sage myself out
>>
>>575919
Hey man thanks for the encouraging words.

I feel like I just want to create stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGGPQKBfLxc

So should I learn programming or 3d?
I don't understand what goes into a game. I'm primarily pumped up on creating environments/
>>
>>575921
3d for making the models.
coding for the shaders in case you ever need a custom one.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.