[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/ for the last year I've been preparing to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: dreadnought1.jpg (144KB, 1519x935px) Image search: [Google]
dreadnought1.jpg
144KB, 1519x935px
Hey /3/

for the last year I've been preparing to change careers to 3D (I do video editing and special effects right now), learning maya and zbrush on my free time and such. I think I might be ready to take the plunge but I'm not sure.

pic related is the best model I've made yet.
>>
File: dreadnought2.jpg (162KB, 1519x935px) Image search: [Google]
dreadnought2.jpg
162KB, 1519x935px
>>574930
shit wrong pic
>>
>>574930
>>574931
looks good to me, but what the fuck do i know
>>
its meh
>>
>>574952
what can I do to improve my work?
>>
>>574959
add some organic shapes into ur hard surface modeling.
add some simple background.
>>
>>574962
dont do this. Tor wouldn't.
>>
>>574930
Post your Artstation
>>
>>574930
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
>>574964
o-ok

https://www.artstation.com/artist/aruspice
>>
>>574931
he looks lost
>>
>>574930
>>574931
That's a Dreadnought right? The scratches are too big, and I'm probably alone in this but in the lore Dreadnoughts are asleep (via drugs) anytime they aren't actively engaged in battle and their robot exterior is treated as a sacred and precious chapter relic that is pretty much endlessly attended to by the Techpriests (and their servants).
Of course campaigns can go on for hundreds of years, and I'm not sure how long a Dreadnought can be deployed in one go; in theory time spent awake degrades their brain due to the Imperium not fully understanding their technology anymore, the stresses of their artificial existence on their psyche, and the injuries they sustained that resulted in their living entombment (which their life support system doesn't cure, only halt).

The point is, they're pretty heavily tended to anytime they aren't actively ripping and tearing, and at the very least I think that would mean being buffed, repainted, etc especially since the Imperium believes that small rituals appease the Machine Spirit.
>>
>>575027
Oh also the render is really bland. Poor lighting, it should probably be rotated the other way because the Autocannon is the eye-catcher, and it should probably be doing a cool action pose, ideally with a simple but appropriate background.
>>
>>575027
>>575028

Thank you anon, I've actually been planning to revisit that model since it's been a few months already and I learned a bunch in the meantime so I'll take these into consideration while working on v2

>>574987
would having a background help with that?

>>575029
sorry, I'm gonna pass. No offense anon but I'm a wageslave with very little free time, which I'm trying to use to git gud, I probably wouldn't be much help in my current form
>>
>>575053
BG would help. The model looks good, I like it, but it would look good-er with some context for sure. just my $.02
>>
Oh a redemptor pattern dreadnaught? Modeling is reasonable. Depends what it is supposed to be used for, offline CG? Not nearly enough details. RTS game would be passable but not a FPS.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.