[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys study something new by your own? >Downloaded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

How do you guys study something new by your own?

>Downloaded some modeling/rendering tutorials
>Have dual screen, play video on one, follow steps in the other while writing down notes on a paper
>15 minutes of the video - 1 real time hour
>not sure if this is a proper workflow, I didnt work like this before

How can I learn a 10 hours tutorial? This is going to take ages
>>
I have vacation now so i just dropped everything and i am studying Maya 24/7.
>>
I do the same thing but I don't write any notes. Don't need to and it slows down the process even more. If I forget a thing here and there, I can easily go through that part of video to remind myself.
>>
>>574875
i usually do the same exept for the notes and i have a 25min to 1h ratio.

But even if 15min of video takes you 1 hour irl that would make 40h for an entire tutorial, basically a week worth of work for something that will stay with you for the rest of your career. Pretty good if you ask me
>>
>>574875
>covered head to toe in functional attire
>can't forget the boob window

on topic: I watch a video as far as i think i can remember, do that much work, don't refer back to the video unless i know for sure i am completely stuck/lost. Taking notes is fucking pointless, just start a new tutorial and the more you do the more you retain.
>>
>>574890
Thats what you call functional?

Also
>not having a bit of fun with your models
shiggy diggy

>>574875
I have to say, taking notes is something I should do more ... Going through 50 tutorials I have on my HDD to find one thing I forgot where to search for ... not productive.

Other than that, you should probably be a bit faster, since I do about the same time on one screen.
>>
I don't follow tutorials word for word I just get a gist of it and apply it to my own projects. Personal projects help drill it in.
>>
I just start making something and apply stuff I learned to it until it just comes naturally without any tutorials or notes.
>>
>>574875
>15 minutes of the video - 1 real time hour
Completely normal, just means there's a lot for you to learn. As you learn more, you'll be able to follow along quickly until you get to the new parts
>>
>>574913
>having a bit of fun
That's just tacky though.
>>
>>574875
i wish i had patience to actually study 3D, i rather just do shitty models
>>
>>574890
virgin cuck
>>
>>575183
woman confirmed
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.