[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with a pseudo-modelling issue. Namely, my insecure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: skeletOS.jpg (41KB, 312x400px) Image search: [Google]
skeletOS.jpg
41KB, 312x400px
I need help with a pseudo-modelling issue.

Namely, my insecure bitch-ass can not commit to actually fully modelling something because no matter what I sketch, nothing ever looks good in my own eyes.

How do I unfuck this situation?
>>
>>574547
>How do I unfuck this situation?
You really did a shit job of defining your problem, so I'll try to guess at some possible problems you might be having and how to fix them.

If you're just fishing for a "oh Anon you're just being a perfectionist, your garbage looks great :D" you aren't going to get that here. If you're seriously unhappy about your work and feel like what's in your head isn't coming out on the screen, then you lack experience.

Do big multi-part (as in several hours) tutorials that you finish a big complex model with texturing and shit. Do several of them, you'll feel better about yourself and realize that it IS possible for YOU to produce something that looks good (even if you're following someone else's method), and you'll learn some ways to produce certain shapes, forms, how to solve certain problems that come up.
Because the "I imagine this and then I go to model it and can't get it the way I want it" (if that's your problem) is the result of a lack of experience.

Now, there's another possible problem, which is if you said you were getting shit renders, rendering is its own artform all unto itself. For that you need to understand Lighting (topics to google: HDRi, 3-point Lighting, Light Theory), Materials (PBR or Physically Based Materials, Dielectric vs Metal, NPR or Non-Photo Realistic Material), Scene Composition (this is a general art / photography concept related to making something visually interesting), and Compositing (aka Post aka tweaking the Rendered result's color balance or adding shit that would suck to render but is trivial to do in 2D such as blur).

I know it's tremendously obvious for someone to just say "lmao do more tutz brah" but really it's the only way to learn, the only way to build up your confidence, and it's very rewarding to have a finished render. You might feel like "but I didn't earn this" and you didn't, you should credit the tutorial but once you've learned enough you can go back and improvise.
>>
>>574551
Thank you. I'm currently trying to drag my ass through some fundamentals on Pluralsight but I guess the only way to figure out exactly what I don't know (besides the things I _know_ I don't know which are really for the later stages, like rendering) is to just shut up and watch the tuts.
>>
>>574547
Do one of those challenges where you do one project a day or week or arbitrary time frame. When the time is up, post it to Artstation or wherever and never touch it again, even if you're not happy.
You don't have to post it anywhere obviously but it helps because then you can't really go back.

And basically in most things you spend 80% of the time on 20% of the results, ie focusing on small details that nobody is going to notice. Starting a new thing every time forces you to learn new things.

Also learn actively. Really watch and understand tutorials. Google shit you don't understand. It's useless to follow a tut if in the end you have no clue how you got there. And not doing tuts will have you do the things you know over and over.
>>
>>574558

>And not doing tuts will have you do the things you know over and over.
I think you hit a good spot there.
>>
>>574558
>And basically in most things you spend 80% of the time on 20% of the results, ie focusing on small details that nobody is going to notice. Starting a new thing every time forces you to learn new things.
thats not how the 80-20 rule works. It's the exact opposite. It says that 80% of the effect comes from 20% of the causes
>>
>>574547
>nothing ever looks good in my own eyes
irrelevant.
>proof
when you post it in the wip thread, we're going to rip it apart anyways.
and this is 4chan, we're retarded.
>>
>>574575
This is bait, right?
>>
>>574720
Look up the 80 20 rule on Wikipedia
>>
>>574724
only if you look up basic mathematics
>>
>>574575
JUST
>>
File: 1343454026979.png (310KB, 499x444px) Image search: [Google]
1343454026979.png
310KB, 499x444px
>>574724
>citing Wikipedia
Oh you!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.