[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the price of 3d printing so expensive?? For high quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: vkSBhoq.png (473KB, 635x481px) Image search: [Google]
vkSBhoq.png
473KB, 635x481px
Why is the price of 3d printing so expensive??

For high quality resin, 96 one inch diameter pieces, it's over $1000 through a manufacturer.

Would it be cheaper to just buy a 3d printer?
>>
No.
>>
3d printing isnt as easy as buying a printer and some filament, you need to understand the materials, the printer capabilities, design software, and other factors that arise, not to mention time. theres a good reason 3d prints are a bit pricey, because they take a long time to setup, and usually don't get the desired results in the first try, which depending on what you want to print can take about a week. a professional printer has already gone though this trouble of setting up optimal print speeds, layer heights, temperature control, support structure/lattices, print bed leveling, and generally foresee issues regarding print orientation and overhangs. if you tallyed up the total cost for you to buy a printer and fillament and climb the learning curve in hours, you're better off paying someone else. unless you want to print stuff on some sort of commercial scale.
>>
>>574447
>3D print one ultra detail copy for $10
>buy some 2 part silicone and pour a mold
>pour 2 part urethane resin casts dirt cheap
>>
>>574530
fuck you, jew
it's actually cheaper to buy a chinese lathe and turn it from stainless steel
>>
on the topic of 3d printing, Im new to 3d printing and im wondering how detailed are resin prints? I googled some images but its hard to tell from the scale of it, are they suitable for printing out figurines? the level of detail im hoping for is like the standard of most commercial high end figurines
>>
>>574530
Our library decided it needed to start providing 3D printing as a service. Everything you just said is true.
>>
>>574447
>For high quality resin, 96 one inch diameter pieces, it's over $1000 through a manufacturer.
Talk directly to the manufacturer and negotiate a better price. At the very least if you can't lower the minimum order, you can up the amount they produce via negotiation.
>>
>>574971
Resin prints are superb, much better quality and finish than PLA/ABS.

>>574447
96 resin prints seems accurate for that price, even cheap. I'd go with >>574834
>>
>>574447
>For high quality resin, 96 one inch diameter pieces

Print one and then cast it, you fool.
>>
File: FX3JBOMI6GCXNAN.RECT2100.jpg (98KB, 1296x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FX3JBOMI6GCXNAN.RECT2100.jpg
98KB, 1296x1080px
https://trello.com/c/YmiVA7Zk/24-understanding-3d-printer-quality-resolution
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.