[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what program do I need to open this shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: shr.png (1MB, 2470x1306px) Image search: [Google]
shr.png
1MB, 2470x1306px
what is best programm to display it and pose?

.dae file
tryed blender but it is only a white modeling clay
>>
>>574349
Best program will be the program you're most confortable with. It's only clay in Blender because you're not familiar with Blender. If you're familiar with no program, learn one.
>>
>>574349
just ask how to import it in blender. Make sure the 3d view port is in texture render mode and that the texture imported.
it wont be rigged if it was ripped from game so you will have to learn to rig it yourself
>>
>video game characters for download

How can a site like this exist without getting taken down in a fraction of a second?
>>
>>574349

They're rigged for Maya.
>>
>>574408
fair use.
>>
File: urbosa.png (183KB, 1085x614px) Image search: [Google]
urbosa.png
183KB, 1085x614px
>>574400
It's rigged, the textures are just fucked.
>>
>>574484
give me one of those funny characters and ill set it up perfectly in BI
>>
>>574484
How are they "fucked"? Those look perfectly fine to me.

You need to learn the fundamentals if you don't even know what a normal map is.
>>
retard.
>>
>>574548
I guess the normal map is supposed to be set as the diffuse texture on a separate copy of the model?
>>574517
I'd be interested to see how to set it up to look like in the OP. There are also AO and spec maps that are in the zip but not part of the .dae.
>>
>>574664
send me the link
>>
>>574676
https://www.models-resource.com/wii_u/thelegendofzeldabreathofthewild/model/20388/
>>
File: 2017-07-31 04_03_44-Blender.png (154KB, 851x713px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-31 04_03_44-Blender.png
154KB, 851x713px
>>574678
the model is absolutely fucked. it was missing proper colors textures and might have come with the wrong textures in the first place.

the artist whom made this is a retard, he used like 30 materials for the entire character and his bakes were complete shit. he could bake the entire character to 1 texture and not 30 if he knew what he was doing.

this is dogshit in every way, i can't believe he was even hired to work on a game. its probably some woman who graduated art college and didn't even know how to model a character.

pic related, a character from a ps2 game with just one texture set up perfectly by a japanese artist from the same fucking website, its from bloody roar
>>
>>574664
>I guess the normal map is supposed to be set as the diffuse texture on a separate copy of the model?
No, I don't know BI that well but you plug those maps into the relevant slots on the Material.

>>574685
These are all ripped by NinjaRipper program or the like and then cleaned up by hand.
>>
>>574699
The BotW models are converted from data on the game disc (with the Wii U BFRES MaxScript), not ripped at runtime like with NinjaRipper. So the rig is preserved but you also don't get the output colors and have to figure it out from the raw texture maps.

And yeah, obviously you wire the normal and albedo maps together in the usual way but the albedo is still way too dark.
>>
>>574685

I've seen this with a lot of game models but I've never been sure why they do it, unless it's something about how the materials work.
>>
>>574706
there is no reason why they do it. unless you are talking about N64 era.
some of these artists are legitimately shit
>>
>>574706
in most games these days textures are dynamically composited into one bigger texture page, an atlas, so the artist is free to ignore the in-game texture limitations. It's easy to automate and makes everyone happier.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.