[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can see I suck at face topology. I'm getting into character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: topo1.png (509KB, 726x632px) Image search: [Google]
topo1.png
509KB, 726x632px
You can see I suck at face topology.
I'm getting into character and a good face topology is kinda my nemesis now.
Could you guys give some advice or tutorials on face and body topology?
>>
File: topo2.png (309KB, 504x626px) Image search: [Google]
topo2.png
309KB, 504x626px
>>
>>573945
its not that bad but the character reference youre using looks like a mongoloid from the side
>>
File: RavenRef.png (342KB, 1024x520px) Image search: [Google]
RavenRef.png
342KB, 1024x520px
>>573946
It's ravena, and I agree the side view looks ugly.
>>
>>573947
you should go to pinterest and look for facial topology images. there are great examples showing how they build the topo and how it looks when its deformed with animations.
>>
i don't think face topology would be a problem. its just a matter of practice, you sort of have to grind oveer and over.

buts gonna be an issue is the shading/texturing. texturing in blender is not pleasant (if you insist to texture in blender make sure to watch good tutorials and pickup on alot of information). if you want alternatives bodypaint and 3dcoat are good to make handpainted stuff.
fortunately its easy to shade cartoon stuff in cycles.
>>
File: sofg.png (363KB, 513x705px) Image search: [Google]
sofg.png
363KB, 513x705px
So far, so good?
>>
>>573944
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWEDWFMjA9E

realy good and simple retopo tut.
there is also part two, you shoul manage finding it
>>
>>573958
prob a bit wider
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (202KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
202KB, 600x600px
the point of the loop on the side of the mouth up to the nose is to follow the nasolabial fold

don't put a pole there
>>
>>573951
You shouldn't have to grind topology.
Topology is a logical reduction of faces composed of lines following the curvature of wrinkles and folds that occur during deformation and/or subdivision.
If you know where these wrinkles and folds are, you can build your topology around them. If you don't know where they are, what the fuck are you even doing?
>>
>>574043
Op here, ok... So what do you think of my topology showed above?
>>
File: 1480972285841.png (266KB, 1067x844px) Image search: [Google]
1480972285841.png
266KB, 1067x844px
Since I don't think this warrants a new thread can people comment on what I think is a really sketchy topology I have in the red circle here?
>>
>>574338
its stars, you can't avoid them but made sure they form away from the center of the face
>>
File: RavenRef - Copia.png (287KB, 694x520px) Image search: [Google]
RavenRef - Copia.png
287KB, 694x520px
So, any ideia how to model this hair?
>>
File: hairt.png (133KB, 571x733px) Image search: [Google]
hairt.png
133KB, 571x733px
This is how I tried to do, but i don't think its working...
>>
>>574656
It's a decent start. Keep refining the shape. Don't just scrap it because it doesn't look right immediately.
>>
>>574656
its actually good you just don't see the results because you don't have highlights and shadows yet, don't be afraid to use sharp edges if you need them
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.