[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just need a bit of advice, pic related is a quick model made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: smooth.png (68KB, 525x557px) Image search: [Google]
smooth.png
68KB, 525x557px
I just need a bit of advice, pic related is a quick model made in Sketchup of an arm from an MRI scan. The layers in the scan are 2.5mm apart but i want them to be smooth like one continuous piece. Can anyone explain the easiest way to do this? Thanks in advance
>>
>>573881
hey man, unsoften the mesh, extract the perimeter of each piece and join it with a plugin called curviloft, search it on youtube it does just what you need.
>>
File: cloudshit.jpg (96KB, 959x630px) Image search: [Google]
cloudshit.jpg
96KB, 959x630px
>>573881
I'm not sure if exactly what you need, but I worked on a similar sounding problem.

I work for a company that does dispersion modeling for petrochem/oil & gas facilities, and long story short, they wanted to show the clouds in 3D. Well the program we have that does the actual dispersion modeling is old as fuck, and the best i could get was "slices" of the cloud, much like you have "slices" of the scan there. I wrote some relatively simply python code to create a new mesh and stitch the slices together. i don't know what the MRI data looks like, but that may be your best option for getting a real smooth model.

pic related
>>
http://www.meshlab.net/
>>
>>573881
If you can export the slices as splines, you can use literally any 3D program to join them as a nurbs surface or even just a regular poly skin.
>>
use meshlab
cube march it

and then smooth
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.