[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it that there are literally no sculpting programs that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: RE1hvLp.jpg (19KB, 582x327px) Image search: [Google]
RE1hvLp.jpg
19KB, 582x327px
How is it that there are literally no sculpting programs that take advantage of the surface? It's perfect for sculpting but there are simply no programs optimized for it.
>>
I guess most professionals just use cintiqs and don't sculpt on the move.

I have a surface but I use it for Rhino&GH, presentations, drawing and controlling robots. Works great. Never tried sculpting anything tho.

I guess the market is not really there and the things are very expensive if you get the hardware capable of running zbrush.
>>
I got ugee hk1560 tablet monitor for sculpting.
It's much cheaper than cintiqs, and works great even thou I cannot compare it because it's my first monitor tablet (much better, than a wacom graphics tablet)

I also like it that it's 15 inches, because I can use it in bed at night.

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0dH4P0jHJA
>>
>>573751
Can the Surface handle sculpting? It's possible that it's simply not that great of a device for sculpting or that not that many people who owns one sculpt. Why optimize a program for a small group of people?

On a side note i've never seen someone with one of those Surface devices.

>>573757
>I also like it that it's 15 inches, because I can use it in bed at night.

Context anon.
>>
>>573751
>It's perfect for sculpting
It does have a capacitive touch screen, right? If so maybe it's because people don't like doing 3D sculpting with a pen the size of a dildo.
>>
>>573751
An I5 should be enough for Zbrush.
But i guess even if its Microsoft, they don't want to disrupt the "professional" market by giving out cheap alternates to expensive hardware.
Artist are high on the list of people they can rip off with high prices.
>>
Blender works really well if you have a way to navigate since the pen don't have a middle mouse button you'll need to use one of the many alternative methods for navigation
So it's not optimized for it but blender runs pretty well around 800K to 5M Polys in sculpt mode on a surface pro 4 i5
>>
>>573751
You ever heard of sculpting on a cintiq using ZBrush? Or am I missing something? If so, please don't insult me. I mean, whatever you wish to come will come in the next 10 years anyway.
>>
>>573751
>How is it that there are literally no sculpting programs that take advantage of the surface?
because the surface is a fad.
>>
>>573751
Because the pen is not nearly the quality of Wacom. It's fine for taking notes at work, maybe some sketching on the go.

If you want a decent device for mobile sculpting get the Wacom MobileStudio.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.