[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch Lighting/Style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 15f3b1fcf182a8bb5bd3ec4f178ea693.jpg (825KB, 1896x1019px) Image search: [Google]
15f3b1fcf182a8bb5bd3ec4f178ea693.jpg
825KB, 1896x1019px
I am very new to Blender (2 days deep)and I want to convey an overwatch setting in this case. the shadows, the bloom, glares and overall lighting, any tips?

Pic is my first attempt.
>>
you won't be able to get this shit right with just 2 days in blender.
im sorry
>>
Where'd you get this model anon? I want!
>>
Where did you not get her panties?
>>
>>573197
>>573202
Degenerates fuck off.
>>
>>573181
First off, practice more. Blender can take months to learn to get towards an adequate level of experience.

Second, I'd look up some videos on lighting. Not just in Blender, but in general.
>>
>>573187
this.

you need to pace yourself and learn patience or you're gonna be extremely disappointed.
>>
>>573181
>any tips?
use the toon shader.
overwatch is literally tf2.
literally.
>>
>>573255

Literally this, all the other guys just think that he wants to learn, when actually he doesn't.
>>
File: 4bc57b7fbfaaa92555aa6a90962fc375.jpg (598KB, 1560x639px) Image search: [Google]
4bc57b7fbfaaa92555aa6a90962fc375.jpg
598KB, 1560x639px
>>573295
OP, here. i am very commited. when i was around 13 played roblox and modeled some good stuff there for around 4 years became very passionate about 3d stuff. rn going to a cheap community college, and taking compgraphics but they use some shitty program atm since they poor.

never did i lay my hands on blender because everything looks so complicated, however i did import/export models from here and there

im starting to get the hang of it. 3 days now all ive done is watch and played around with blender
>>
>>573312
Where is that widow render from? And I admire your passion
>>
>>573312
well that window render was made with maya, so dont expect to get anywhere close to that
>>
>>573312
The one on the right isn't toon shading, it's actually photorealistic materials, except the hair, I don't know how the hair is done, but I'm pretty sure the suit is rough carpaint and the skin is sss. The fabric material looks like plastic.
>>
>>573312
You can get Autodesk software for free using their educational licenses. They don't actually care about whether you're in college or not. You can just lie.
And here's the part where you try out 3ds Max or Maya for about a week and then throw out Blender without me having to tell you anything.
>>
>>573354
There's no reason you can't use a PBR workflow for the stuff that makes sense and then substitute materials for everything else.
I'm thinking the PVC they use in figurines.
>>
>>573356
not him but
pbr != photorealism

at a certain point people will need to understand these terms
>>
>>573318
Ellowas
>>
File: dva.png (894KB, 650x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dva.png
894KB, 650x1080px
>>
>>573370
>pbr != photorealism
on the contrary, that's exactly what it means
>>
>>573408
Physically-Based Rendering does imply realism but in the end it's just a standardization of input textures, the level of realism depends on the textures and the shaders using the textures.

It's just a buzzword from the games industry anyway, meant to sound marketable.
>>
I think it will be doable once Evee comes out, as it will be a real time renderer, like overwatch.
I mean, if you know your Cycles then it's very achievable, but not as easy as it will be in the future, specially taking in consideration a lot of the work it's just figuring out how to correctly light the scene.
>>
File: aDqG36u.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
aDqG36u.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>573343
What are you even talking about? This was done in cycles and looks great. Maya has it's advantages but the nowadays all render engines are the same.
>>
>>573181

Learn 3 point lighting

>>573312

This is 3 point. Large soft front light (reflection on hip). Hard warm back/ rim light. The fill is maybe enviro/ dome related to the backdrop or faked with another soft light from the top.
>>
File: SmugMannequin.jpg (59KB, 397x686px) Image search: [Google]
SmugMannequin.jpg
59KB, 397x686px
>>573459
>This was done in cycles
And tweaked in photoshop.
>nowadays all render engines are the same
lol
>>
>>573471
Where did you get this rig?
>>
>>573181
OP I would toy around with lighting look up some tutorials on it. i want to get the model to have a very small spectral tint difference. to the scene's colors

Also if you could supply a link to the model that would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>573459
what a fucking whore.
>>
>>573181
Get the latest experimental blender build off the website. It comes with a premade PBR node now so you don't have to build yours from scratch.
>>
>>573181
Op please drop tutorials u u used, I want to build a fully fledged 3d character model and I'm using blender too. Best of luck.
>>
>>573465
op here. this looks promising
>>
>>573490
Op here. IF ANYONE WANTS THE CADET OXTON MODEL contact me on discord ATTANIUS#5608

credit to arhoangel for the model.
>>
>>573410
>>573370
...So?
It really makes no difference. The methods are closer to reality. That's all anyone needs to know.
>>
>>573312
Reminds me a lot more of firefall (game) for some reason
>>
people like are contributing to the objectification of white woman.
and then people turn around and ask why white woman are whores
>>
>>573493
What makes a person type stuff like this? Amazing.
>>
>>573471
>And tweaked in photoshop.
As was the widow's shot. What's your point?
>>
Im still playing with node editor to set up the composition
>>
>>573696
Very nice
>>
>>573696
Watch Blender Guru's PBR shader tutorial
>>
>>573312
Not even giving credit to the master himself....
http://ellowas.tumblr.com/tagged/Finished
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.