[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sculptris

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (301KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
301KB, 1920x1017px
Is Sculptris a decent alternative to Zbrush? Due to Zbrush's price I've been mostly using Blender but the sculpting feels a tad stiff there.
>>
>>572391
Due to Zbrush's price I pirated the shit 8 years ago and have long since mastered the UI.

Steal the fucking program Harry and get to studying. The only decent alternative is 3D coat. Blender is great after setup and will likely be the best option in the long run.

I do open sculptris for alternative practice. Zbrush can and will hold your hand once you get to know the program. I consider it a crutch when it comes to practice.
>>
>>572394
ye
>>
as someone who actually owns a legal copy of zbrush, just fucking pirate it.

its industry standard, you need to learn it. It's only going to get worse if you become like those Blender fags.
>>
>>572394
What about Mudbox?
>>
What is the best software to paint 3d models with? Specificalky organics. I just realised that Blenders vertex paint sucks ass.
>>
>>572391
Blender can do everything sculptris can and it's still free. additionally it has a lot more tools to expand into if you want to learn more later on without learning a whole new program... Though sometimes different parts might as well be a different program for how different they are just because of the shear number of things blender CAN do.
>>
>>573196
bodypaint,3dcoat
>>
File: 1495730398557.jpg (75KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1495730398557.jpg
75KB, 750x728px
>>573648
Blender is great but sculpting in it is a giant pain in the ass.
It's so stuffed with functionality that there are almost no options available anymore to make convenient shortcuts for sculpting and the original ones suck ass.

Sometimes it's better to have smaller programs that do one thing well.
>>
>>573651
Bodypaint?
Are you from fucking 1999?
>>573196
Mari
>>
>>573669
what shortcuts are you talking about? I mostly just title all my brushes 1-6 or so and switch between those with my top row number keys.
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-15+at+11.51.55).jpg (42KB, 538x650px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-15+at+11.51.55).jpg
42KB, 538x650px
>>572394
3D Newfag here.

I pirated Zbrush by the end of 2016 and now recently it got a new update. How the fuck do I install it despite me having pirated it? I really want to try it because the new features look amazing and I don't want to fall behind. I fell in love with this program and I want to keep using it. Apologies if I may sound like a retard for asking but I am swill new to Zbrush.

Pic related a thing I made (But I know it isn't the best).
>>
>>573709
if you "love" it that much and on top of it want the newest updates you just buy it.
>>
>>573709
You wait for the new version to be cracked then install it.
>>
>>573709
You can just install the new version and keep the old version.
>>
>>573196
3dCoat
>>
I personnaly love sculpting inside modo. I can't get used to Zbrush's workflow. You should also take a look at mudbox, it's only $10 per month.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.