[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help blender cycles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: sheetholder.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sheetholder.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
Can you help me to model a photorealistic sheet holder, using cycles shader?
>>
yes i can help you
>>
>>571833
I wouldn't believe a thing this anon says, I can help you
>>
I recommend Blender's internal renderer with Approximate Gather turned on. It's one of the best Blender features.
>>
>>571838
No i have to use Cycles. It's for a school project
>>
>>571840
download 2.79 test build and use the principled shader

it gives you a ton of control over materials
>>
>>571842
>it gives you a ton of control over materials
that's why i have no idea of what to do
Can somebody do it for me?
I know you all are geniuses who can do this shit in 10 sec
>>
>>571843
well, cna't you model a fucking sheet holder?
or you can't the material?
what do you want exactly?
>>
File: shitholder.jpg (21KB, 923x447px) Image search: [Google]
shitholder.jpg
21KB, 923x447px
>>571844
yeah i am kinda crap
>>
https://ufile.io/p06ef

here. just get an HDRI to render it so you will have decent lightning
>>
>>571849
Model seems okay.
too bad there arent any materials
>>
>>571832
Step 1: Dump Cycles.
Step 2: Install renderman.
>>
>>571864
No dude. All internal is the way to go. With the community enhancements, the synergy between Blender's awesome modeling tools and Blender's internal renderer with Approximate Gather is pretty much the best.
>>
>>571875
i love internal too my dude. its such a good render engine. but you need to move past it for certain things.

i wish i could do everything in internal, but its not a physically based render
>>
>>571881
I was kidding. Just try to render something with Approximate Gather. By "approximate" they mean it doesn't work at all and lights things essentially at random.
But seriously for the next version they're re-vamping the povray plugin. Maybe give it a try. Or maybe mitsuba or yafaray, but not renderman because you want a raytracer with path tracing, not some REYES nonsense.
>>
File: Green Lex Luthor.jpg (35KB, 628x599px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lex Luthor.jpg
35KB, 628x599px
>>571875
>All internal is the way to go
Is that why it is never used?
>>
>>571886
Yes. The amazing quality of Blender's internal renderer is a well kept secret.
>>
>>571883
the principle shader for cycles is displaying metal correctly which is something we never had in blender before. lets see if 2.79 can deliver otherwise im switching to one of the renders you said
>>
>>571892
Don't wait. The Blender Foundation has been doing this bait and switch thing like: "ok, the current version doesn't do what you want but the next one will" for over 20 years.
>>
>>571875
>synergy

but 4r tho blender internal is far from the best, its old tech. physically based is the standard now for a reason, the workflow is significantly more intuitive and the results are even more real
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.