[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think about my creation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1080.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1080.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
what do you think about my creation?
>>
>>570890
What did you use for this?
>>
>>570892
3ds max and photoshop
>>
>>570890
Looks good lighting / post processing wise, but too many hard edges are breaking the realism. You should have chamfered some edges to break up the harsh lines.
>>
>>570897
yeah thats really spot on. will try one with chamfered edges
>>
>>570890
One of the better 3-created cg ive seen here. Tho, as far as composition goes, it shows that this was created by an amature.
>>
File: 4k2l.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
4k2l.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
its much better. also changed something else, also 4k. what do you think guys?
>>
>>570914
you know i've read and studied composition before, but i feel like its just a matter of personal opinion
>>
>>570919
Its the colors. The verticality the flatness and the camera angle suit the dark tone you were probably going for. But the colors are fucked up. Well maybe this was indeed your personal vision of whatever.
>>
>>571007
thanks however colors are definitely my personal vision or whatever. its kinda in the theme of those neo hong kong style of colors
>>
Too dark.
>>
>>570914
>One of the better 3-created cg ive seen here
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>571031
I am. I'm a bit new two this board but all the things 3 creates and posts are mostly horrible.
>>
File: j.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>571026
better?
>>
>>571034
There is more trash than not, but there are good stuff here.
>>
>>571057
visually makes no sense
why green lightning bolts everywhere?
where is the blue and pink light coming from?
why ridiculous puke neon green?
also the rain effect looks really poor
>>
>>571073
thanks for your constructive criticism
>>
>>571057
The green is literally hurting my eyes, anon.
>>
>>571057
not better.
>>571026 just has a shit monitor or something.

Where are the green lines coming from?
>>
I think that's depressing and futile, just like your generation.
>>
I don't understand the meaning behind it. What the fuck is that building? Composition doesn't work at all IMO. Colors make it look like it's some cartoon, but everything else says otherwise. No comment on the lighting.

Do you have some more shots of this scene? Why is the building empty and abandoned. Are those fireworks that produce that kind of lighting or what? If you gave more context, then it could help.
>>
>>571057
Reminds me a bit if the brutality photography movement, but I must concur that those green lights are way to bright, if that is what you want the audience to focus on maybe you can give context on meaning, but doesn't work that we'll for me
>>
>>571137
Brutalism (fucking autocorrect)
>>
>>571137
>>571138
You also forgot well*
>>
>>571057
>>570890
Why did you model commieblocks?
>>
I like it OP. I don't mind the colours, and for me I imagine the lights are from adjacent buildings/helicopters/airships/flying cars whatever the fuck. It reminds me of the setting and dystopian future brutalism aesthetic of Dredd.
>>
I get the stylistic intent (cyberpunk colors and the building looks like it's being "scanned" by a huge grid projection).

I think the colors/lighting are too far removed from any real-life basis and that's what ruins it for me. If you look at any sort of photorealistic cyberpunk environments (think blade runner or ghost in the shell) your ridiculous cyberpunk colors will be present, but they won't be blown so far over the top. It just doesn't look like reality at that point and the mind fails to associate your scene to what they should be seeing (a skyscraper at night).

I would personally rebuild the lighting from scratch. Look at real life references of nighttime city buildings, place lights with a more believable intensity, saturation, and interesting direction. Then if you wanna do crazier saturation and effects, put them back in post.

Also, as other people have mentioned, bevel your stuff. And all the horizontal bars could use some extra details, too many look like big 3D boxes rather than actual architectural elements with defined functions and aesthetics.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.