[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there really a point in moddeling in Blender instead of just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Steve Austin.jpg (443KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Austin.jpg
443KB, 1280x720px
Is there really a point in moddeling in Blender instead of just doing it completly in Zbrush, i tried doing a project from scratch in Blender and holy shit it was fucking painful, In Zbrush everything goes fine tho. I always see people posting that you should do the base or the whole model in Blender and just add details in Zbrush but really i prefer do it all in it.
>>
zbrush is for organics. there are lots of artists that combine zbrush with blender
>>
>>570887

Zmodeler is fucking slow.
>>
>>570891
myth
>>
>>570887
As far as workflow goes I personally see no difference in terms of speed or final product if you start in Zbrush and then retopo everything or if you start in Maya or Blender or whatever and use zbrush afterwards for detailing. Zbrush is now pretty advanced and has a huge array of tools. As long as you create a final mesh with good topology and not just use zremesher than you should be fine with either workflows
>>
>>570953
this, of you are good and comfortable with Zbrush you can start there and even retopo therezr
I sculpt way faster than boxmdel
and if I need boxmodeling I use Zmodeler, if you'll make couple of shortcuts from Zmodeler and make couple of buttons in UI, it becomes very verstile
>>
>>570887

You can't rig or animate in ZBrush and it's aimed for organic sculpting, and singular pieces. You should focus on both ZBrush and Blender if you want to make sceneries and such.
>>
The future is in photogramy anyway. Modellling from a base will be a thing of the past very shortly. See most recent games like mgs5 for example.
>>
>>571038

I wonder how they're gonna make everything that cannot be scanned in real life? Or are they gonna start investing into people who make monster suits and miniature sceneries for movies?
>>
>>571039
A majority of game assets are real life objects/people. Op's pic even is a human. For monsters, you can even deviate a normal human body to turn out horrible monsters like The Thing. You'll get more accurate, less uncanny, results than a person can model with less time/effort. For stuff like demon souls (nothing but monsters not remotely human looking), I kinda get your point.
>>
>>571040

Yeah, I doubt we'll ever use photogramy for every single model. It's useful for small props and human models for sure, but sculpting/something similar will be used forever as long as games require things that simply cannot be scanned.
>>
>>570887
>modling in zbrush
>when 3d scanning exists
fucking retard
enjoy your replaceable skillset in 5 years
>>
>>571055
What won't be replaceable in 3D then?
>>
>>571055
>let's 3D scan this concept I just imagined in my head
actual retards calling people retards is just ironic lol
>>
Does Zbrush work on Linux yet?
>>
>>571055
>Let's just 3D Scan this alien monster i sculpted in clay
>What's that? You want it to have 4 arms?
>Time to get more clay i guess...
>>
>>571055
let's desfgne characters or assets with scan data.
people like you just need fuckin' jesus in their lives, stop with this 3d BS and go to church, most of your life will became clear
>>
>>571038
You're autistic if you think that. It's like saying mocap would replace animators
>>
>>571055
Just like cameras replaced traditional artists, right?
>>
i'd agree with you, providing your end goal isn't an animatable mesh with a limit on poly count there's not that much reason to go out of zbrush. it's particularly well suited to making a high-detailed model for a static images.

but zbrush isn't the end all-be-all. just some simple examples:
--as other have said, animation and rigging
--not so good for low poly topology management, to my knowledge
--at least in my version, non-view-axis rotation is clunky to say the least if not nearly impossible
--can't inflate mesh parts which share position but are split; vertices drift apart
--if you're into toon shading and rendering with edges, you'd have to export every time you want a preview
etc.

but yeah it's a pretty godly program. i personally only use it for shaping though, because other programs offer better extension with programming/scripting and i'm more into animation and making models usable in real time than anything else. anything i make in zbrush i'd have to manually tweak the topology of anyway because topology is too important in real-time animation with limited poly count.
>>
>>570926
not a myth.
I do it myself, well, just for the unwrapping as i do retopo work in topogun. Still, blender for pure poly modelling is the best. For anything else it sucks.
>>
>>571223
the one sensible post on this entire board
>>
>>571038
>The future is in photogramy anyway.
Hope you don't plan on modelling anything that does not exist.
>>
Zbrush has been getting better and better at hard surface sculpting. Unless you need perfectly measured model, in which case you wouldn't even be using a normal modeler software like Maya or blender, you're better off using zbruah for all your modeling and sculpting needs.
>>
the poly modeling stuff in zbrush is ass. i like to model base meshes in a maya/blender and bring them into zbrush
>>
>>571064
>>571219
>>571220
>>571224

>falling this hard for ultra obvious bait
>>
>>573116
I disagree, it's completely different from traditional modelling but it can be just as good and just as fast if you know the tools well.
>>
If I am making a base mesh I usually just crudely place bounding blocks and dynamesh, then all I do is carve out the model. I prefer other modeling packages for hardsurface modeling, but just use whatever you prefer. Either way you are going to be spending time on topology just choose if you want to do it now or later with retopology.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.