[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm using 3dsmax 2017, I'm new to rigging, morphing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: q1.jpg (230KB, 1221x726px) Image search: [Google]
q1.jpg
230KB, 1221x726px
I'm using 3dsmax 2017, I'm new to rigging, morphing, animating. I'm following the tutorial "Digital Tutors - Introduction to rigging for 3dsmax" and "quick start to Animation in 3dsmax" 3 volumes.
I have made this animu model for Unity3d and I plan to learn how to animate it and then import for a game.
Two questions: (1)Can I make IK/FK rig OUTSIDE the model and control it from there? The tutor is mentioning "perfect alignment of bones and skinned model", even trying to match the volume of the mass with the bone. Is rigging in max that constrained?

(2)In the following post you can see the modifier stack. The question is: Morpher or Skin first? What is the optimized order and what should I expect? Will I face unexpected behavior cause the morph I import from ZBrush is not "perfectly aligned" to the position/rotation/mass of bones of the rig? That is a connection to the first question.
Thank you.
>>
File: q2.jpg (33KB, 193x157px) Image search: [Google]
q2.jpg
33KB, 193x157px
>>
>Can I make IK/FK rig OUTSIDE the model and control it from there?

Yes but it would be retarded and impractical...

>The tutor is mentioning "perfect alignment of bones and skinned model", even trying to match the volume of the mass with the bone. Is rigging in max that constrained?

Perfect alignment of where the bones should be for example in the elbow or at the wrist, obviously the pivot points of each bone should be at a place where the character needs to bend or move. And as for volume thats only if you plan on skinning with envelopes or using voxel skinning. For a character like the one you have now I'd just paint weights for each vertex.

>Morpher or Skin first?
Morpher first, then skin

>Will I face unexpected behavior cause the morph I import from ZBrush is not "perfectly aligned" to the position/rotation/mass of bones of the rig?

Wait what? When your exporting something to Zbrush to make morph targets you never export the skinned mesh, you always export the default Tpose with no skin modifier, if you export a skinned and posed mesh to zbrush and then try to load that as a morph target you'll end up morphing the entire mesh to that one pose. Always export a base mesh...
>>
Ok, now another question: Is it possible for a biped to ignore scale?
I ll describe an example.
I set up my T-pose modeling, I add to the morpher a slot where I extrude ALL the vertices by 200%, (the model becomes double in size if I set the spiner in Morpher slot to 100), I reset to my defaults T-Pose, I rig and skin my biped, and then I test:

>Morpher slot to 0
ALL OK!
>Morpher slot to 100
Model becomes twice the size as expected, animations still work, but I notice deformations due to scale.

Is it possible for the biped to ignore the scale of the model? Vert/face counts, stays the same. Max always.
>>
I found out how to scale each bone individualy (the assign controller "Scale XYZ" from the list on Available slot) so I' ll create deformations that way about scale and then pass them to Unity along-side with all the morpher deformations and create sliders for character customization, apart character animations. LOTS OF ANIMATIONS.

Tell me how retarded that solution sounds.
>>
>>570841
Why not just xform scale the character mesh faggot.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.