[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/ a question, I really like blender, but obviously i use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1497057570550.jpg (180KB, 1000x990px) Image search: [Google]
1497057570550.jpg
180KB, 1000x990px
Hey /3/ a question, I really like blender, but obviously i use it because I don't have money for software, and i was thinking on downloading an old cracked version of maya such as 2013, for learning, or should i go for the newest cracked version?
>>
>>570221

Oh, i forgot, i generally like to model guns or rifles and such things with hard surfaces
>>
Try Freecad, SketchUp and Rhino in that order
>>
>>570236

I downloaded freecad and I'm doing random shit with it, it is pretty easy for being a little program, but i ask why?, I asked about which version of maya.
>>
>>570240
Just get the latest version of Maya. Most of the bugs have been worked out now and if you're just modelling then you likely won't run into any. The modelling workflow from even 2015 to 2017 has improved a lot, let alone back from 2013, so if you're set on Maya you may as well go for 2017. You'd probably be better off in something like Rhino if all you're going to do is hard surface modelling. I wouldn't use a CAD program unless you plan to 3D print it, or it needs accurate specifications.
>>
>>570241

Completely understandable have a nice day.
>>
>>570221

Why get a cracked version. You can get the latest one directly from Autodesk's website as a student.
>>
>>570224
Any particular reason you want to use Maya specifically? Given your criteria, I'd probably focus on Max instead, which is a lot more friendly for pure hard surface modeling.
>>
>>570221
Why even pirate Autodesk products? Just get the free student version.
>>
>>570270

I've been trying on rendering things and animation.
>>
>>570285

I prefer to get something that is complete it doesn't matter if it's illegal, the things is that i dislike student licenses, and with the cracked thing i have it for a lifetime.
>>
>>570337
The student version is just as "complete" as the regular version. Student licenses last 3 years, and since there's a new release every year, you'll probably upgrade before that anyway. If your license ever runs out, just make another account and download it again.

It's literally 5 minutes of work every 3 years for a hassle-free, legal version of the software.
>>
>>570338

3 years huh, well that may be enough for learning.
>>
>>570341
3 years and you get a refreshed license for any new versions released.

ive had essentially a perpetual free maya for 6 years
>>
>>570270
Out of curiosity, what in your opinion makes Max better for hard surface?
>>
>>571252
it's not really better except some of the modyfiers perhaps.
Max used to be better before they started updating the modeling tools in the more recent maya versions. So people just hold on to the idea of max being way better than maya for modeling.
>>
>>570241
>You'd probably be better off in something like Rhino
>I wouldn't use a CAD program

Which is it? I'm an extensive Rhino user and it's absolutely shit for CG modeling. It's made to design things you want to produce in real life. It has a sorry excuse for mapping tools and doesn't have smoothing groups.
It produces atrocious meshes over which you have very little control, as it is a NURBS modeler, so you're relying a lot on booleans which are very unreliable.

It's not a bad program and very convenient UI, but I absolutely would not recommend it for anything that won't leave the digital realm.

Rhino also only runs single thread only so it slows down considerably pretty quickly. And since its based on nurbs modeling, learning Rhino will not carry over to any other 3D suite at all.
Imo the only thing keeping it alive is Grasshopper, which is absolutely amazing and allows you to sort of do the stuff other 3D suites are doing, but for that it's a complicated and ineffective workaround.

There's absolutely no reason to use Rhino or SketchUp for anything CG related especially if OP already knows Blender.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.