[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cinema 4D is extremely powerful yet has the easiest, least confusing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: C4D-R13-Logo.png (292KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
C4D-R13-Logo.png
292KB, 2000x2000px
Cinema 4D is extremely powerful yet has the easiest, least confusing, most babby-tier UI

tell me why this isn't the best 3D software
>>
>>570005
As expensive as Maya, but without all the functionality. You have to spent a shitload of money for plugins to get feature parity and you don't even get there.
Character animation tools are ok but pale in comparison to Maya.
Poly-modelling tools are ok, but Modo, Max and even Blender have more options.
Unwrapping is fucking shit and worse than any other DCC.
No Node editor for textures/shaders.
Limited simulation tools. No fluid simulation, Fire & smoke simulation is like 20 years old.
There is even more old stuff in there. Xpresso and BodyPaint are ancient and left untouched for a decade.

The only area where it leaves all others behind is Motion graphics.
>>
File: 1498783578878.jpg (112KB, 770x740px) Image search: [Google]
1498783578878.jpg
112KB, 770x740px
>>570013
>expensive
Cinema.4D.R17.crack.torrent
>>
>>570013
Even in motion graphics there are people dumping C4d for Houdini.
>>
>>570031
Sure they do.
The thing is no matter what you do with C4d there will be a time where you'll hit a wall and the program is not longer useful because you want more than it can deliver.
But with normal piss easy jingles and advertising stuff you'll be faster in C4d. Setting things up in Houdini takes much longer but in the end you can do everything and have much more control.

>>570014
true, but Octane and X-particles are not cracked and you won't get a legal license without showing them your legal C4d license.
So if you want to do this professionally you need to shell out the money.
>>
>>570014
irrelevant. Anyone who's not a neet needs a valid license if they don't want to get raped in the ass in an audit.
>>
>>570045
that's not a real thing that actually happens
>>
>>570005
it doesnt matter what program you use
the safe choice right now is max/maya
choose one and go, it doesnt matter
>>
>>570038
Niether check ur C4D license anymore so that's not accurate.
>>
>>570014
r18 m8.
>>570013
how much of that functionality is pointless for me ( a solo user) if i just want something to work alongside zbrush for pretty ass renders?
>>
>>570038
i have x-particles and octane. my copy of c4d is cracked.
>>
>>570155
Works really well as render platform.
Just don't use the internal standard renderer.
Only downside is no node editor for shaders unless you use Arnold or Octane.

>>570165
Good to know. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>570013
As someone in the field, it don't fucking matter sadly. Maya can do basically anything, but if your employer wants you using outdated 3Ds, you're using outdated 3DS.
>>
>>570210
cool, ive got arnold and vray for c4d.
>>
File: 1498610077983.jpg (36KB, 223x349px) Image search: [Google]
1498610077983.jpg
36KB, 223x349px
>>570013
>Limited simulation tools. No fluid simulation Fire & smoke simulation is like 20 years old.
C4D's dynamics are god tier and if you need fire/smoke then Turbulence FD is crackable.

>>570038
>Octane and X-particles are not cracked
they are
lrn2pirate
>>
>>570005
>tell me why this isn't the best 3D software
because blender is free and more powerful.
>>
>>570571
Turbulence is baby tier.
Last cracked version of X.particles is 2.5, current version is 3.5. Current version is uncracked. Last version is 2+ years old.
Octane is not cracked.
I do believe my sources, if you say its cracked show me an release.
>>
>>570612
don't believe, there is grief in the internets over x particles not getting cracked, people move to houdini over it
>>
>>570623
That, or Cebas Thinking Particles. Between these two there is honestly no reason to use anything else.
Houdini is more powerful of course, but requires wizardry to use, while everyone already uses Max and it's easier to get into the node-based design concept on familiar ground.
>>
I liked the character auto rig, but I realized that it's fucking useless if you want to export it somewhere else, like a game engine.

Fucking dropped in favour of Maya, and I can't even rig in Maya.
>>
>>570571
Octane and Xparticles are not cracked and will never be cracked. They call to server /HQ immediately and have permissions to cut off if there is no connection instantaneously. XParticles will shut off the license if it doesn't connect for 30 days.
>>
>>570624
Cebas is more practical ..Houdini is in another dimension.
>>
>>570262
Did you aquire it for free?
>>
>>570894
no, why would i.
>>
>>570894
i mean yes, from cgpeers
>>
>>570638
>fucking useless if you want to export it somewhere else

What is collada and fbx, Alex?
>>
>>570612
where can I download x-particles 2.5?
>>
>Extremely powerful

It's a joke compared to Houdini desu. Would never use it for VFX or Mograph anymore, and for everything else I'd use a different software package.
>>
>>570038
>Showing them legal ID

To them money is money. Octane and X Particles are expensive I agree but for what it is worth you get a lot in Cinema4D.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.