[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photorealistic face

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1491082513685.jpg (137KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
1491082513685.jpg
137KB, 800x548px
I have to create a photorealistic face in maya for my final course project.

What kinda stuff should I watch out for, what should the final product look like and how many polygons must the model contain?

And how do I turn on selection symmetry (when i pick an edge or vertex on one side of the model maya selects the exact one on the opposite side)

Any advice/tips is welcome
>>
>what should the final product look like

a human face

>how many polygons must the model contain

why are you asking that here

>how do I turn on selection symmetry

go to modeling toolkit and under symmetry select object x
>>
>>569843
Just use ZBrush to do 90% of the work, also when people say 'realistic' they actually mean 'believable', avoid the uncanny valley at all costs.
>>
You should at least google what photorealism is. Its not 'realism'. Its about mostly rendering and looking like on photos. If your teacher specifically asked for photorealism, render him and black and white render and rub it in his uneducated face.
>>
Okay, I'm done with the modeling. Now I need to texture it. How do i do that with minimal frustration?
>>
Your thread is shit.
>>
>>569900
Yup, shaders and rendering are the most important.
>>
>>569900
You're the uneducated one for trying to be smug while displaying no understanding of the term "photorealism" in the CG industry.
>>
>>570011
-uv map it properly
-skin texture
-add hair in the right places
-lip proportion
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.