[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D artist salary Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

I'll enter a 3D school next year and since my girlfriend is japanese I'd like to know how's the average salary back there, not game related.

Some random dude told me I'd get dry ass raped with a salary divided by 2 compared to europe.
>>
>>569703
Depends which side of Europe you're on. Western fruits or Eastern brutes. One pays much better than the other. You can guess which one is worse than Japan.
>>
>>569704
That guy I talked about told me it's around 2k in Japan but have I no idea if it's true. I love 3D that's not the issue but if I get paid 2k in Japan might aswell stay comfy here in western europe.
>>
>>569703
I'm fluent in japanese so I can work in a fully japanese environment.
>>
>>569703
Tell me, why Japan? In case you don't know, the work flow in a Japanese company is nightmare with overtime hours.

Yes, I know Japan is considered as a attraction of many fags lurking this website. Food, manga, anime, even girls but anything, anything except a career in Japan.
>>
>>569710
Actually I'm absolutely not interested in this kind of faggotry, it's just that my girlfriend is japanese and can't speak any other language so for her to come work in europe would be quite a nightmare for her.
>>
it's well known that artists in japan barely make living wages
>>
>>569711
>Actually I'm absolutely not interested in this kind of faggotry,...
You're here after all, of all places. You have a Japanese girlfriend too and now you ARE considered moving to live in Japan so... Okay, fuck let's just drop this off topic matter.

You're her ticket out of Japan in case you haven't know it yet.
>>
>>569705
2k? Surely you don't mean a year?
>>
>>569717
Thanks for caring for me but no. I'd say the same for any caucasian/asian couple but she doesn't want to leave japan, like I said before, she's not broke and from a wealthy family.

Also 4chin has more to offer than anime.
>>
>>569719
A month
>>
>>569721
Have you ever meet her irl?
>>
>>569724
Yeah several times for whole months.
>>
>>569725
In where? Japan or Europe? How long were you two in relationship? Where's she living right now? Don't tell me you two are in long distance relationship and only meet each other in vacation and now you want to move in with her.
>>
>>569727
Two times in europe 1 month each, one time in japan 3 months. Been together for 2 years, she's living and studying on her own. Really what's the issue here ? We're both adults and I know for fact she's not some gaijin hunter.

What's the point of a long distance relationship if it's to stay at distance ?
>>
>>569703
Also, if it interests anyone, the pic is computer rendered look up the file name.
>>
>>569747
it obviously looks fake. what are you getting at? Its obvious cg
>>
>>569747
well that pic is uncanny af. old tho.
as stated in
>>569710
the workflow for 3d animation ( if you say game related i guess you are going for film/vfx stuff)
in this particular field is really exhausting. deadlines make you work your ass off for a medium pay. actually europe (germany, britain for example) are the places to be if you want to get into the film industry. japan doesnt offer too much in this field. also anywhere this is a highly competetive market.
>>
>>569703
stop working for cheap you fucks
>>
File: [RUDE MEME].gif (9KB, 209x301px) Image search: [Google]
[RUDE MEME].gif
9KB, 209x301px
>>569748
>>
File: 1489345635703.jpg (19KB, 243x216px) Image search: [Google]
1489345635703.jpg
19KB, 243x216px
>>569727
>Don't tell me you two are in long distance relationship and only meet each other in vacation and now you want to move in with her.

The chance of some Tyrone or Chad taking his GF after he went home again is quite low in Japan, buddy
>>
Have you thought about going to 3D school in Japan? That way you can get first hand knowledge of what the wages are and make connections with people (aka get internships). There are some good programs out there.

I'm not sure about the salary for 3D artists, but I know it really varies among animators (most still get paid shit).
>>
>>570664
I've thought about this but my girlfriend got accepted to a school here in Belgium for the next 4 years so I also have to study in Belgium. But I wonder if I could get an internship after that, it would be a plausible option thanks a lot !
>>
>>569721
>she's not broke and from a wealthy family
> me no rearn new ranguage, you rearn ranguage. me no reave neehawn. me richu.

Ask her what her family thinks of a white guy leeching off them after you find out how few companies want to hire you. Assuming you can ever get citizenship, your chances of owning property aren't looking good.
>>
>>569703
See it's hard to determine if you're talking about prostitution or 3D modeling, OP. Anal isn't that bad though if you get used to it

>shitpost but fuck you
>>
>>569703
he cheated by using a japanese mdel they don't have souls so its harder to tell if its real or not
>>
>>570843
Obvious bait but I'll still take it since I have some free time.

I've already met their parents and I'm not in any way leeching off them, I don't know where you get this idea from. Their parents owned a lot of land for rice farming and the government bought most of their land for big money. So they are not some aristocratic mofo and are really nice to me.

>The citizenship meme
We'll soon be marrying so getting a spouse visa is quite easy.

Why would my chances of owning a property are pretty low ? Because of the supposedly low salary ? If you assume such a thing you could at least give more info since it's supposed to be the topic of this thread.
>>
>>570845
Quality shitposting tho
>>
>>570846
Implying a soul can be seen
>>
>>570870
Honestly you should look to start your own import / export company or, if you're dead set on 3d, be a market maker or "broker" between foreign and japan studios.

In other words, get contracts for work from outside Japan, then contract the work to firms inside Japan at less (ideally much less) than the initial studio is paying, you pocket the difference and the only "work" you had to do was communicating between the two parties. Or, if 3d labor is cheaper outside Japan, contract work in europe and sell it to Japan. I'm mostly talking Archviz and other enterprise tier 3D shit.

That guy Tyrone (the meme voice reader guy) has made all his money off doing exactly that with England -> Senegal or wherever the fuck he's from -> England contracts for all manner of enterprise shit.

Audio's pretty shit but he basically says he does what I just said:
https://youtu.be/lzvsyhFWiO4?t=1209
>>
Career vs girlfriend. Seems obvious.
>>
OP wants to move in with a girl he doesn't even know?
>>
>>572025
He said he had visited her before, for months at a time. Read the thread next time.
>>
>>569711
Dump her.
>>
>>571084
>In other words, get contracts for work from outside Japan

Where would someone start on that?
>>
>>569703
Dont work in jap 3d company you would be worked very hard low pay and low status. Teach English for money and build 3d side business.
>>
Japan is changing. It's getting better with their work culture. There are several young companies that try to adapt western ethics. If you are European go there for an working holiday year and do many internships at different companies. Find the one that suits you the best. After years of working there you can always start your own company.

Also you should know that the costs for buying property and a own house is very expensive. Almost impossible. And you have to live with the danger of earthquakes. Don't work as English teacher ever. They basically have the lowest status right after the Nigerian touts. With this in your resume it's gonna be hard to get hired. Every American English teacher I met here was an annoying shithead.

But Japan is great for creative people. You get inspired everywhere. And it's not multi cultural which made me depressive in Germany. So do your best to fit in. Never be too direct, be polite, quiet, etc.
>>
>>573942
>Don't work as English teacher ever. They basically have the lowest status right after the Nigerian touts.
I think you underestimate how much respect is culturally ingrained onto people in teaching/authority positions over there. Fact of the matter is if you want to get your foot-in, get set up in the country with a place to live, worker's visa, and a revenue stream while still having time to work towards other stuff signing on as an English teacher is really one of your only options.

The major problem with the position is that the pay is livable but shit, you'll have a hard time landing a position anywhere metropolitan, you might not be re-hired or kept in the same place at the end of each school year, and overall its ok if you're just starting out but going "long-term" is laughable unless you get hired by an actual school and not some outsource company like Interac or AEON.

>Every American English teacher I met here was an annoying shithead.
This is totally true through imo, doesn't mean you also have to act like a shithead.
>>
>>574213
>I think you underestimate how much respect is culturally ingrained onto people in teaching/authority positions over there

English teachers aren't seen as real teachers in Japan. They have the status of English speaking monkeys.
>>
>>569703
Is this good CG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPiyJq7Q9sw
>>
>japanese cellery man
>working like an ox for straw
top jej no thank you
>>
>>574213
no, english teacher is foreigners McJob next to part time dishwashers.

only people looking to make quick buck and have no idea what to do with their life do it.
>>
>>574495
But they sure love to tell everyone what is wrong with the country!

Everytime you read a rant about Japan and then ask what he is doing there the answer is always: I'm English teacher
>>
Being an english teacher in a state school or university has way more prestige in hapan than being a 3d artist. However eorkina as an English teacher in japan gives you the same status in your home country as a barista. Japan has a shit work culture and no it isnt really changing. I worked as an english teacher before getting a job in my proffession tgat had dealings with the US so working culture was similar to home so was very lucky. Yes kapan is great for artistic inspiration but manga and artists aren't held in high regard. Starting a business in japan is best and english school is easiest to do but i would rather eat my own foreskin than do that.
>>
>>574532
>dat Englisch
>English teacher

rip
>>
>>574541
>implying nips know the difference
jej
>>
>>574351
>>574495
Well ok sensei-sama, what is your honored occupation in glorious nipon? Or do you not actually work there?
>>
OP Here

>>573876
Teaching English in Japan is an overused meme, might as well work at Mac's or suck cocks for money, see. But, on the other hand there is a lot of big American companies in Japan and working there could be a solution (They have a American work culture so no free overtime bullshit)
>>574351
>>574495

>>573942
I'm well aware that Japan's work culture is changing but maybe not changing quick enough. But on the good side of things I'm pretty sure art-related companies have a really more open mind concerning the traditional Japanese work culture (for example I got told that a lot of Japanese people working in 3D have tattoos, that would be a no no for most companies).
I could go there for a working holiday but the thing is that I have no choice really since my girlfriend only speak Japanese. I'd have to work there anyway.
Yeah buying property is quite expensive over there but if I don't try to buy/rent anything in the center of Tokyo I'll be fine I guess, we'll see. For the danger of earthquakes I don't really care, I already live in the center of Brussels it's probably less dangerous living over there.
>>
OP HERE

>>574213
Working as an English teacher in Japan a few years ago was quite a golden opportunity with companies sucking white cock for any English speaker but now it's just a joke. They're so much weebs trying to get in Japan with a English teaching job that companies treat you like shit, they're so much of them that they're not valuable anymore.
Plus you'll fall into the classic retarded foreigner stereotype. On top of that you're basically stuck in a shitty third world country salary shitty job all your life because putting "English teacher" in your resume is like putting you worked for MacDonald's for 4 years it's laughable.
I also want to add that you're not even an English teacher over there, you're even lower than that, you're an ASSISTANT English teacher. Meaning you get cucked by a REAL teacher teaching the class while you play the baboon white fag pronunciation teacher.
But I'll agree it's an easy job for a stepping stone while searching for something better.
>>
>>575263
I'm sorry but he's right. English teacher, or should I say assistant English teacher, is a shitty and stereotypical slave job in Japan. It was a golden mine years ago but the overflow of weebs killed the market and the reputation for everyone.
>>
I lived in Tokyo for 2 years as a freelance character artist in the video game industry. I experienced the country by living there but worked freelance for companies around the world instead of trying to find a studio job there. I'm not fluent in Japanese so the likeness of that happening would have been incredibly low despite being a senior artist. Would strongly suggest you do the same OP, as long as you're not a fucking awful artist who can secure GOOD PAYING freelance work its very do-able, especially if you're living with your partner who is earning a steady wage too. Best of luck.
>>
The joke about people who teach English in Japan is that they are calling themselves English Teacher and somehow forgetting the Assistant part of their job title.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.