[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rendering for an absolute newbie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1490506107355m.jpg (71KB, 908x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490506107355m.jpg
71KB, 908x1024px
I've been messing around with XNA posing studio for years now, and I love making poses, like pic related. However, I want to finally make presentable pictures of my poses. I'd love to learn how to render, but I have little clue as of where to start. Blender is pretty much the only decent 3D rendering program, right?

I guess I'm just asking for resources and tips of how to get rendering.
>>
On yout modeling package, in the toolbar, you press the "set on fire button" and then the "render" button. That's it.
>>
File: 1490503219287m.jpg (65KB, 861x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490503219287m.jpg
65KB, 861x1024px
>>568581
*Correction
Blender is pretty much the only decent *free* 3D rendering program, right?
>>
File: 1490500163435m.jpg (63KB, 918x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490500163435m.jpg
63KB, 918x1024px
>>568582
Is it truly that simple? I've tried rendering in blender once, but realized that you need to take multiple aspects into account.
>>
Rendering itself is basically about setting up a bunch of options and then hitting Render and >>568582 watching your computer catch on fire.
If you want to go with the easy button, just download/lookinto a PBR shader for cycles.
Be prepared to deal with render times though.
>>
>>568590
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, because when I go to render inside blender, the textures on the models look horrible, so I don't think the easy button will work.
>>
>>568594
>>568590
Scratch that. The textures are missing entirely.
>>
>>568594
You'll need to set your scene up for use with cycles. Unlike Blender internal, cycles is node based.
So it isn't as simple as just setting it to use a certain textures then hitting render. What you want is a PBR node tree (Something someone else has taken the time to create for you) then you just plug your textures into that and render away.

Search Blendswap or google for a pbr shader, or whatever floats your boat, set it up properly and you should be able to waste the next few hours of your life trying to get a decent preview of your render.
>>
File: 8LiUt.png (165KB, 597x559px) Image search: [Google]
8LiUt.png
165KB, 597x559px
>>568598
Here's a very simple example of what you'll be working with for your renders if you use Blender Cycles.
2.8 has a new render engine coming out soon, but it's very unstable atm so you might want to wait on that.
>>
>>568598
Alright, I think I get it. I'll see what I can do with that info. Like I said, I'm still inexperienced, so I imagine this will require a lot of trial and error, along with patience.

>>568601
Aah, okay. That helps give an idea of what to expect. And yeah, I'm still on 2.7.
>>
>>568601
Yeah, but Eevee is not supposed to replace Cycles, though.
>>
>>568608
If only they could replace Blender with something useful, that would be perfect.
>>
>>568608
True, I just thought I'd mention it.
>>568617
They could start charging a crazy monthly fee for it, and stop adding features. Then they'd really make it big.
>>
>>568620

>Charging a monthly fee

Jesus Christ, that's the most retarded idea i have ever seen, i understand Autodesk does it because their software is nice and they're evil, but fuck man.
>>
>>568581
Loving your poses! How do you get your fingers to look so good and natural? I always end up with some warped lookin fingers when i try and make a fist
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.