[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NewFag needs help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
Ok,/3/,so,I'm trying to get into 3D modeling,so,ofcorse I have some questions,like,what software should I use,are there any tips I could use to make the process easier,how in the name of fuck do I apply textures,and alot more.
>>
go right ahead
>>
>>567395
Ok,sir,what software should I use?
I herd Blender was good.
>>
>>567395
Also,what are some possible problems I could face?
>>
>>567397
blender is good. i recommend going to "borncg" channel and start from chapter 1 and skip everything that is related to the lightning,composition,render ETC
you want to primarily model in your first two weeks. i also suggest to check out unwrapping and for unwrapping i recommend watching the borncg introduction to unwrapping and then do the advanced one of darine lile.

for anything that has to do with rendering,lightning and the final look of your image i recommend checking out gleb alexandrov (his shit might be paid content, just throw in a buck for him if you don't mind) and there is blender guru as well but he sort of jacking off to himself most of the time, but is he very knowledge.
i recommend avoiding lightning and rendering completely until you feel like you have your foot down with modeling UV unwrap and texture paint
>>
>>567399
Thank you,sir!
So,do you have any tips I could use,to perhaps help will the base model?
>>
>>567398
>Also,what are some possible problems I could face?
probably just polygons flipping out, inverted normals, polygons stacked up in the same location etc. you will probably have troubles with it no matter what but the more videos you watch the less it will happen.
also i specifically said to avoid rendering and lightning for a reason. its such a big topic and you probably need to learn it from professionals and people who actually know cycles from inside out. so try to find your cycles mentor early on and avoid charlatans
>>
>>567400
watch this video first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VudCtEtNXbI

and watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7mC9JERdFg
>>
>>567394
I'm in the same boat as you, this was my main goal for this summer. Right now I'm mainly using blenderguru for blender tutorials. Look at his beginner series (the doughnut and coffee mug), they are very comprehensive and not boring at all, compared to the lynda.com trial I started. And I went all over the place looking for the best software to start in deciding between maya, max, and blender. Blender has the most tutorials and community guides because its free and open source and very popular. Which is why I chose it. Also I chose it because I want this to be a hobby and will most likely not turning this into a career. I'd say start in blender, and even if you turn it into a career you will still know the fundementals and switching programs won't be too hard.
>>
>>568519
for the record the top blender artists actually do make a living.
so its not impossible
>>
File: flying_kermit_povray.jpg (22KB, 520x292px) Image search: [Google]
flying_kermit_povray.jpg
22KB, 520x292px
>>568524
you are so right. Blender is the hot shit in the industry. Forget all the Autodesk crap.
And here's an app that's even hotter, believe me
https://opensource.com/life/16/2/povray
>>
>>568527
seek help
>>
File: Generic Model Sheet.jpg (25KB, 736x563px) Image search: [Google]
Generic Model Sheet.jpg
25KB, 736x563px
I am trying to model a female character in Blender, but I do not know how to build the basemesh, help please.
>>
I started out animating with making flashy 3d Youtube intros on Blender and C4D. I really reccomend Cinema4D though
>>
other newfag here. I've never really given any thought to 3d modeling as something I could actually do, just something others did. I'm learning now that everyone starts somewhere.

I'm a model makers, and I spend hundreds of hours sculpting and painting kits. Is it feasible to design a figure/kit in Blender, 3D print, and then use that as a master for a resin kit?

Something like >>570960, a design shown in a few views that can then be manipulated/posed.
>>
>>568524
Yeah but why the fuck would they limit themselves when the skills are so easily transferable to a more widely used and marketable 3d app like Maya?
>>
>>570998
they are not limiting themselves. its just a meme.

learning animation,vfx or video with blender is professional suicide. but who gives a shit when you are just making good looking things like renders or models
>>
>>567394
I,'m, n,o,t, q,u,i,t,e, s,u,r,e, I, u,n,d,e,r,s,t,a,n,d.
>>
I'm having some trouble with blender, this seems like a good place to ask for help without creating a new thread. I'm following the blender guru tutorial, but I'm getting this strange artifact. Could it be that the surface normal is flipped? Is that a thing?
>>
>>573930
That's exactly what that looks like.
>>
>>573930
seem like a triangle or ngon
or inner face you didn't delete
or double polygon, remove doubles
>>
File: bbones.png (5KB, 256x512px) Image search: [Google]
bbones.png
5KB, 256x512px
I'm gonna use this thread as a questions general, since the other ones are bumplocked.

Will I get punished if I rig like picrel in Blender? I need to operate with very few bones.
>>
>>573934
nope. you can have a parent+child bones,look it up
>>
File: nice.jpg (97KB, 1624x892px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
97KB, 1624x892px
Blender: not even once.
>>
File: MyFirstArchRender.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MyFirstArchRender.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
OP, start with Blender Guru's beginner video series. It is 7 vids, around 4 hours if I'm not mistaken.

>>570960
start simple dumbass. be comfortable with the program (1-2 months training) before taking a shot at living models.

>>573956
what you mean? Is it impossible to do simple (bad?!) modelling on maya and 3ds?
>>
>>573977
>what you mean?
Its fucking retarded thats what
>>
>>567394
Learn everything.
/thread
>>
Is there a good set of video tutorials for Zbrush aimed at complete beginners?
>>
>>573977
are you using sun lamp?
>>
>>574119
nope, just overblown hdr. you can see its shade behind the rollers.

>>574085
Well, anyone can throw a statement like you did. You can't back it up though. The image you had attached was to supposedly back up your bullshit claim but I pointed out that it doesn't mean anything. I assume it was just a pathetic attempt to mock blender user base. That's just retarded. If it was supposed to prove how incapable the software is you are even more retarded.
>its fucking retarded thats what
oh the irony. u can't even articulate yourself and back up your claim, you can just throw single words in an attempt to pathetically mock things that your brain can't grasp.
>>
File: FinalLounge.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FinalLounge.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>573977
Hey I just did the same one!
>>
>>573977
that shit is impressive yo
>>
>>570998

For a variety of reasons. If you're a freelancer you can use whatever you want as long as your fbx models import properly inside game engines for exemple (which blender does just fine). Then, some people will never like maya, just like some people will never like blender. And then of course, Autodesk software (and pretty much every capable piece of modeling software) can be very expensive, while blender is free and can do pretty much everything these expensive software can (with a shittier workflow I gotta say but it's way more useable than it used to be).

I'd say get blender if you're a freelancer and Maya if you want to work in game studios. Even as a freelancer you should have good knowledge of Maya however, you can grab a free student copy (you don't have to be a student, just enter false information)but you cannot make money with student licenses (your fbx files will be watermarked).
>>
>>574147
There is literally nothing hard in following that tutorial and achieving the same result. All the textured models are provided by the tutorial. Worth going through, though.
>>
>>574147
pretty much this >>574147
Thanks though, regardless there's still a little of me in the render.

>>574143
looking good, maybe scale down the globe a lil bit. also the blankets are hovering. and I guess ur also using arcihmesh instead of the obsolete addon he's using.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.