[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I first used it I thought this was awesome, now I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: crazzy.png (98KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
crazzy.png
98KB, 1024x768px
When I first used it I thought this was awesome, now I can't stand sitting there converting tons of textures.

Someone please tell me there is a way to run this or its code on batches of files. I tend to write my own shaders so I often find myself just converting shit with CrazyBump because I simply want extra detail data to work with without much regard for the settings so it becomes a somewhat mindless process.

Or is there a code base or something which has the kinds of image processing CB does, or stretching even further CB's source code(or functions likely used in it)? It seems like instead of actually using CB it should just be possible to write a shader that takes the maps and does the same thing CB does(although it would probably be inefficient it'd be better than converting tons of textures if you have plenty of cpu/gpu resource leeway).

If there's no way to do this using CB, is there any kind of tool available to generate things like normal maps in batches from diffuse data? I know they're generally not that high quality but I'm often not that concerned about it since I can just not use the things that don't work out well and take what does.
>>
you are asking alot
but either way you can do it in xnormal, which is free.
or you can make custom shaders based on you need like so.
http://www.reynantemartinez.com/how-to-generate-texture-maps-from-a-single-image.html
>>
>>566588
Yeah, I know, but I tend to work with lots of other people's models, often just for fun, and it's just not feasible time-wise to make textures for everything one-by-one. It's certainly asking a lot but I'm willing to code stuff myself if there's existing open knowledge on the subject.

To which point, thanks for the link, from the URL it sounds like it's in the direction of what I need.
>>
>>566595
actually you know what, i know that blender is open source and it can convert greyscale maps to normal. but i don't think its the same thing. if you take 4 colors and convert them to other 4 colors its not exactly a "smart converstion"
anyway, xnormal allows you to make several maps in advance so you don't have to click save all the time like crazy map.
if you are familiar with gimp there is a an addon called insane bump which i hear is good. and GIMP is open source too so it might be your chance to dig in. (its not 3D based converter but its a converter none the less)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.