[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to this and don't know anything about of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm new to this and don't know anything about of this stuff so please pardon my mistakes.

CGI recently caught my eye and was considering a course in it.
The work done in movies like avengers really intrigued me and i wanted to know what the people behind avengers did, how did they do it and where do i start?
Also, is it a good profession to pursue.

(also pardon me for the grammatical mistakes)
>>
>>566415
> is it a good profession to pursue.
no, only if you are passionate about it
>low wages
>outsourcing
>no jobs
etc
also gtfo
>>
>>566415
couldn't hurt to at least try a course and see if you like it.

>where do i start?
read the sticky.
>>561987

>is it a good profession to pursue.
no.
there are a lot of talented people that can't get jobs. outsourcing is a big problem, and it's also a very small industry.
you need to be very lucky and have a lot of connections.

see if you like doing it first, and then figure out exactly how much you like it.
if you couldn't see yourself doing anything else in life then go for it, but otherwise go get a STEM major instead and do 3d as a hobby.
>>
>>566422
>yet another generic "just get a STEM degree" comment
>>
>>566418
>low wages.

You must be terrible at what you do or not a professional.
>>
>>568836
depends on your location.
freelance is not enough money to live off no matter how good you are (unless studious contract you specifically to sculpt characters because you have magnificent talent, which is rare but possible).
if your current location don't have enough jobs to begin with then you are toast, you won't get paid alot.
>>
>>568837
My entire country probably has 4-5 super small VFX studios and the same amount of small indie game studios. :) I'm not sure why am I still doing this to be honest, because I actually don't know how I could get a job here and I don't have a good plan B atm. Fuck.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.