[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my model rendering like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: wat.png (166KB, 1362x685px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
166KB, 1362x685px
Been working on this SCAR H for a day now, but what's all this fuzzy stuff that's showing up when I render it? The model itself looks normal as far as I can tell
>>
Would really help if you'd tell us in which program you're rendering
>>
File: wat2.png (228KB, 1343x799px) Image search: [Google]
wat2.png
228KB, 1343x799px
>>565951
Blender, sorry completely forgot to specify. Here's another picture btw in edit mode
>>
are you trolling? you have flipped faces all across the model.

i said this several times to people, even need to put this in the sticky. if you want to model weapons in blender get the dvd from cgmasters. any other modeling tutorials is shit and gonna mislead you
>>
>>565972
Nope, turns out it was just the mirror modifier messing with the whole thing. I didn't use a tutorial either...
>>
>>565973
If you see triangled shadows like these again, it's often because of multiple faces being in the same position leading to z-depth problems in the shader, which probably was produced by your mirror modifier this time.
>>
>>565952
Guys, are those triangles here considered bad? (Other anon)
>>
>>566184
Having triangles is not a huge deal because a game engine divides all squares into triangles. As long as you dont have face with more than 4 verts.
>>
>>565972
Do you have a link to the DVD? I'm retarded and can't find it on their website.
>>
>>566351
they removed it from their website. that's a damn shame.

but darine lile (our guy) have a new tutorial coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4lwew-1EY4
>>
>>566352
Noice.. thanks anon
>>
>>566184
it's bad if you want to do the highpoly first because it can cause pinching / fucked up faces when smoothing it. that means it's a pain to bake normalsmap etc. because you'll have to clean them in photoshop. in a game engine, it can potentially cause problem if the triangles are too long (for instance, if you have a triangle form one end of the barrel to the other, it can cause problems with reflections).

if the triangle is surounded by quads in a flat plane ,it will cause no problem most of the time.
>>
>>566473
>>566184
Deformation algorithms written by mathematicians rely on the fact that 99% of your geometry should be rectangular-shaped quads.

Examples of deformation algorithms:
Subdivision surfaces
Animation

If the tris or n-gons are located in an area where they will not be deformed much (inner flat surface), then they obviously don't matter.

This is why character animators often merge edge loops closer to the top of the forehead, because no one animates that shit.
>>
>>568204
You're confusing deformation and interpolation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.