[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/, i'm a noob that needs help choosing his first tablet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Hey /3/, i'm a noob that needs help choosing his first tablet for zbrush, the problem is that i'm between:

-Huion h610
-A refurbished Wacom cth490ak
-A Xp star 03

I'm on a 60$ budget, and the problem is that some people say that h610 is shit with zbrush, Cant find shit about xp pen, and wacom is refurbished, so which one?, Or are there any alternatives for 60$?
>>
>>565475
The one you posted is fine, I use it. Don't worry about splitting hairs; at that price point they're all gonna be similar, but Wacom is usually solid.
>>
>>565477
I agree with you, i have seen the good reputation of Wacom,but the problem is that i'm buying a refurbished one, so 60 $ for that model refurbished is okay or should i use it on another brand?
>>
>>565478
have you considered getting a job before getting more tech that will likely gather dust, poorfag?
>>
>>565479
I do, first i would need to get some kind of studies that explain why did i just waste 700$ last week building a pc for zbrush without a goddamn tablet, it's some kind of capitalism autism, so yea, can't argue with you.
>>
>>565475
What about Wacoms finance options?
>>
>>565478
Wacoms are just fine refurbished or even just bought used on Ebay. They are rock solid products and even one that's a few years old will still function well.
>>
>>565499
Yea, i think you guys are right, Will try that, thanks /3/ people.
>>
>>565475
I've had wacom all my life, last intuos pro I had I lost and needed tablet asap. and I bought huion "new 1060p" befor i could get salary and buy wacom. but then I realized that I don't need wacom now...
>>
>>565475

The deal with graphic tablets is that the hardware is usually good but the drivers for non-Wacoms often suck.
>>
>>565480
Wow, you're so cool.

No, wait, nobody cares. Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>565646
I love you.
>>
File: 1489335143455.jpg (35KB, 369x387px) Image search: [Google]
1489335143455.jpg
35KB, 369x387px
>>565646
i wuv you buddy
>>
>>565650
I like you.

>>565665
I don't like you.
>>
>>565475
I wish I had something more positive to offer you, but I payed something like $230 Canadian for my intuos4 nearly 5 years ago. It works extremely well in CS6 and ZBrush as long as I keep the drivers up to date (something like 1088 levels of pressure sensitivity). After that much time, maybe you can find it for a reduced price?
Either way I wish you luck!
>>
>>565923
Thanks to you and the whole thread for the help.
>>
>>565478
I have an earlier version of that, a ctl-460, almost 7 years old. It's surface is lightly scratched, but, there isn't any issue with it. (Apart from my dog chewing up the pen).
>>
>>565475
OP I will give you my two cents dont take them personally.
You are not ready for zbrush.
You must at least be proficient to some degree with buildout/retopo,primitive,box,patch,polygonal modeling and know their nuances.
I think you are getting into head first in the whole thing,sculpting is a very high ceiling skill.
I also suggest you take a visit to /ic/ and read the sticky.
>>
>>565475
Is using a tablet essential for using ZBrush or can I just use a mouse?
>>
>>566908

Hey, this is the faggot op, before i made the thread i was reading about it, and yes you can sculpt real basic things with a mouse, but nothing more than that, for the real sculpting experience you need that sweet tablet.
>>
>>566908
it is possible(some may say), but then you'll come here and start shitposting how horrible is Zbrush's UI

jokes aside... it's like not having a dick when fucking... even the shittyest one you can find will be better than any mouse
>>
>>565475
I tried out that huion tablet before and had to send it back because it would randomly drop out when I was drawing lines. Pain in the ass. I'd suggest just going with the Wacom even if it's a bit more expensive. That's what I'm doing from now on.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.