[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

zbrush 3d sculpting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: genensis zbrushsculpt.jpg (654KB, 1602x1080px) Image search: [Google]
genensis zbrushsculpt.jpg
654KB, 1602x1080px
hey /3/ i've started working on a likeness of a actress named genesis Rodriguez in zbrush is not super realistic at this point. I would like to get feedback and also if anyone can post a side view of her face i will highly appreciate i couldn't find a side view picture nowhere
>>
Try Catherine Z. Jones next.
>>
>>565071

Remove polypaint it is cheating. Someone here nearly got a job at naughty dog as a character artist but he got rejected because he did polypaint cheat.
>>
>>565119
naughty dog keeps making the same game over and over. Why would anyone want to work there lmao
>>
>>565120

Naughty dog is a golden ticket. An employee sees you worked on it and they will likely hire you.
>>
>>565122
no such thing as a golden ticket. If you want to make it in this industry, release your own game on steam, dont work for somebody else for huge amounts of hours per week then have no time or energy to do anything else
>>
>>565124

If he wanted to make his own game he should instead do stylized characters.

Not sure why you would do realistic characters unless you want to work for an AAA.
>>
File: Head_Scanning_04_Female011.jpg (389KB, 2113x872px) Image search: [Google]
Head_Scanning_04_Female011.jpg
389KB, 2113x872px
>>565071
for starters dont use colors, and dont use that material
switch to standard one or get yourself they mudbox one
if you cant see teh likeness in sculpt alone you already failed

your nr 1 problem for now are the eyes and eye sockets, uits clear you do not understand the anatomy of the face well enough to reproduce it, study the exact shape of the eyelid any why it looks like it does, so underling muscle and bone structure
only then look for those subtle marks on the person you want to reproduce
>>
File: Basic material.jpg (299KB, 1560x963px) Image search: [Google]
Basic material.jpg
299KB, 1560x963px
>>565119
>>565127
Here is basic material no poly-paint screenshot
>>
>>565127
and yeah i have a hard time whit eyes. i know Ryan Kingslien does some good video lesson i should check them out and practice some more on eyes
>>
File: reff.jpg (559KB, 1560x963px) Image search: [Google]
reff.jpg
559KB, 1560x963px
>>565144 here is some reference to compare
>>
File: tumblr_nx8vppziRy1uo4yrqo1_500.jpg (34KB, 486x557px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx8vppziRy1uo4yrqo1_500.jpg
34KB, 486x557px
>>565144
yeah, your image shows a lot of problems, mostly anatomical ones
you should first focus on one face part at a time and only then worry about the likeness
your lips lack lip corner
but your eyes are the bigger problem, they need a total rework
>>
>>565147
now that i see this is clearly obvious to me that that the mouth need a lot more work in terms of anatomy the mouth,eyes and even the nose needs some more work I'll most my progress on Monday right now i'm still working on it.
>>
File: body.jpg (229KB, 1542x903px) Image search: [Google]
body.jpg
229KB, 1542x903px
>>565125
i mean i do know how to do stylized work but i really want to master anatomy first. I think mastering real anatomy would also benefit the stylized artist also. Yes you do have a point there, if i was making my own game i wouldn't create realistic character like the level of noughtydog because it would take me so much time. This here sculpt is just an artistic pursuit i guess to achieve that level but i know i'm clearly not there yet. Picture is more or less a stylized body sculpt of a female i made. Also i know female anatomy is also my weakness is much more harder for me than sculpting a male. Thats the reason why i want to get better at it.
>>
>>565156
Why the fuck do you reply to obvious samefag bait post?
Realistic is the way to go if you wanna impress. Everybody knows who Hossein Diba is, nobody knows one stylized modeler from another.
>>
>>565159
Yes i've seen his work on artstation. achieving realism is more useful in my opinion for many reasons. well only 3 guys gave me some feedback and that's what i'm mostly after. that one guys who is "bait" had some interesting things he said i guess i won't reply to people who aren't giving me criticism of my work anymore.
>>
>>565119
what is polypaint lol

story behind this?
>>
>>565119
The fuck are you talking about retard? You can bake a polypaint just as you would any other map. What the fuck is cheating? What 'rules' have been broken?
>>
>>565196
its zbrush version of a texture that dosnt need a uv map as it uses vertex color
>>565199
no shit you can bake it, and?
i guess he meant that the guy had projected polypaint on his sculpts, i wouldnt hire a guy like that too
if you cant make it by hand you have no place in a aaa team
>>
>>565205
OP here i made the polypaint by hand is not difficult using alpha and spray using yellow, red, and skin tone color here is the video that showed me the technique is a great way to create a basic skin to start from. I don't even know how to project map if i did i would have only done the eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwEKqqFuTU
>>
>>565071
From an anatomical stand point your model's neck is too long, and too thick where it connects to the head. Compare jaw width to neck width in your ref to your screen shot. Ref has an overhang for the jaw, yours has a tangent so the side of her face feels like a continuation of her neck and gives her a further elongated appearance.
>>
File: 0000000.jpg (705KB, 1602x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0000000.jpg
705KB, 1602x1080px
>>565071
The Green lines show that your face is too short

Red arrow points out the over thick section of neck, opposire side of your model I traced over what needs to be outright chopped off.

Cyan indicates how you kept the neck too narrow going downward, gave her a giraffe neck to compensate for her gym-bro thickness near the jaw.

The divide under he nose, between nostrils seems too narrow, too... that is one you should tweak last, though, once you can turn of symmetry and do not plan to turn it back.

Real people rarely have perfectly symmetrical noses, having one always makes a model uncanny
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.