[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello! I just stumpled upon an illustration/3dmodel(?) of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hello! I just stumpled upon an illustration/3dmodel(?) of my dear friend who is an architect student. How did he do this? I really want to master this and play around with my own house in Greece in the software.. even tho im no architect, but still... anyone have a clue about the program been used and (even better) if you have recommendation on tutorial for it? thanks in advance. i find this exciting.
>>
Something simple like that is easily done in Sketchup, which is a good starting point if you want to get into architectural visualization.

I don't use it myself, but there is probably no shortage of tutorials out there.
>>
>>563803
thank you! would you happen to know of any special forum i could go to for possible google sketchup training/architectural visualizations guides in general? i find it tricky to start off with google sketchup, as im more used to the adobe programs..
>>
>>563804
Sketchup has a very shallow learning curve and the skill bar is fairly low. Just YouTube starter sketchup guide. For architecture skills don't bother looking for sketchup specific totorials just Google something like: "architecture 3D render totorial"
>>
>>563959
Just to add, you can master sketchup in a week. But it's going to take months (years) before you even get a semi decent architectureual render.
>>
If you cant get around with sketchup, learn blender
I never got past some box shaped models in sketchup, meanwhile found my place after years in blender (just focus on the significant, not the UI, follow some tutorials)
>>
Get SketchUp. It's probably the easiest "3D" modeling tool to learn and very good for architectural purposes and beginners. There should be a free or trial version.

Then, and I'm probably gonna get some shit for this, get a trial version of either Twinmotion or Lumion.
Both these softwares are specifically made for quick and very easy architectural visualisations. I personally prefer Twinmotion because you can walk around in real time and even export a stand alone file of your project. Lumion has a bit nicer cars and people tho and the new version has a very cool aging / weathering mechanic for materials.

They won't be able to compare to professional passive renders, but for your case they're perfectly fine and come with a large library of materials and assets, so you have everything you need for starting out in one package.
>>
>>564131
You're going to need a decent GPU tho to actually run realtime visualisation with decent FPS. But unless your house is fuckhuge it won't matter.
>>
Some basic tips when it comes to making decent looking arch vis.

>pay attention to how things are actually built, especially how different materials terminate around the ground and connect to each other.
>same goes with textures of materials. Things are rarely just one solid sheet or slab, look at how they connect.
>add in details to make it more believable. Gutters, steps, railings, furniture ect.
>read up on lighting, color and composition. These are probably the most important things to understand. You could have the most technically amazing render which falls short because of the camera and composition. Look at architectural photography for references on what to do. I would advise doing most visualization from a persons point of view, not somewhere floating up in the sky.
>Post is very important, lots of things can be fixed and added in photoshop. A good way to do this is to seperate out all your passes (diffuse, reflections, shadows, specular, zdepth, mat id) so you have more control over the scene rather than just editing one raw file.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.