[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having difficulties applying a Heightmap in Maya 2017.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: Faulty_Terrain_73249.png (268KB, 1376x709px) Image search: [Google]
Faulty_Terrain_73249.png
268KB, 1376x709px
I'm having difficulties applying a Heightmap in Maya 2017. The edges of my plane get displaced for some reason, even though this should not be the case according to the map. Any idea what could cause this behaviour?
>>
File: terrain.jpg (166KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
terrain.jpg
166KB, 2048x2048px
>>563433
This is the map that I'm using.
>>
>>563434
The edge pixels of that image aren't black. This is behaving exactly as it should. Did you really not even bother to zoom in on that height map?
Also why not just manually flatten the edge verts?
Also You need to clamp the levels of this image or it's going to look like shit.
>>
>>563434
aussies should just kys, fuckin kangaroos
>>
>>563434
give me europe pls
>>
File: Terrain_v1.png (239KB, 1327x688px) Image search: [Google]
Terrain_v1.png
239KB, 1327x688px
>>563444
>The edge pixels of that image aren't black. This is behaving exactly as it should. Did you really not even bother to zoom in on that height map?
That is indeed my fault. I should have checked the map before using it as a test.

>Also why not just manually flatten the edge verts?
Because this is merely a test of a heightmap generation algorithm, so fixing the terrain would come later down the line.

>>563445
>>563446
Guys, I just used this map so I could test if I had something wrong with Maya settings.

Okay, so I'm more troubled than I was before. It does seem that Maya is behaving as expected, yet my terrain is still fucky. Now, I've checked the edges of my generated map and do not see anything that shouldn't be there. Note that I've used the same algorithm in Maya 2015 and did not get these weird edges.
>>
File: Test_256_v2.jpg (3KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Test_256_v2.jpg
3KB, 256x256px
>>563451
Here's the map my algorithm generated and was used above.
>>
>>563451
Check your UV map?
>>
File: 02.png (184KB, 1343x685px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
184KB, 1343x685px
>>563464
There isn't one. I'm doing this via Deform > Texture and then I choose a file.

It does appear that it's trying to "continue" the map at the edges, so I'm convinced my method of doing this is wrong. I've done this differently in Maya 2015, but it looks like this has been completely changed in 2016 onward.

As I'm not that skilled in Maya, I'm asking if someone can provide me a proper way of applying displacement maps. Thank you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.