[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just did 70 seconds of animation in 2 days at work, is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1493791019632.gif (2MB, 200x109px) Image search: [Google]
1493791019632.gif
2MB, 200x109px
Just did 70 seconds of animation in 2 days at work, is this a ridiculous amount?
>>
>>563196
What's the rig look like?
>>
>>563196
It takes me two days to do 10 seconds of animation that looks good. You must be doing something really simple or really wrong.
>>
I think Pixar animators often say that 1 second of animation for one work day is alright. If you did 70 seconds, it's probably not of a very high quality.
>>
I mean its quality stuff, at least stuff thats getting approved by my supervisor. Its not like pixar cinematic stuff but its definitely not simple either. Id post stuff but the project is still confidental atm.
>>
>>563239
Well, I did 90s of animation in two weeks including modelling all the environments, lighting the sets, and then rendering it and comping it. It was super simple, of course.
I don't know why you're even starting this thread. To boast about how superhumanly fast you are? It's either that, or it's super basic or simply not good.
>>
>>563239
>at least stuff thats getting approved by my supervisor
it takes me about a day to block out 2-3 seconds of animation in stepped before I even switch to spline.

walk us through your process, because i don't believe anyone is capable of producing 70 seconds of quality animation in 2 days.
>>
>>563241
This.
If you animated 70 seconds in 2 days it's guaranteed to be trash. You're bragging that you produced 70 seconds of rubbish. So what?
>>
>>563196
Before I judge you on being a huge gigantic faggot, how about posting some samples/sequences so we can at least see if you're a good animator to begin with? Your credibility would go a long way if you could show well made animation - doesn't even matter how long it took to make them as quality would help defend your position.
>>
File: 1481801500751.png (48KB, 662x607px) Image search: [Google]
1481801500751.png
48KB, 662x607px
>>563196
>70 seconds of animation in 2 days
>>
i wrote 300 pages of my new book in about an hour once
it's all gibberish and random text but it's definitely 300 pages.
>>
Don't even post the animation or anything.
>>
>>563241
No im posting because my coworkers act like this is nothing and I feel like Im the only one who finds this ludicrous
>>
>>563535
With your fast workflow, you could easily crank out a 4 second sample of work for us.
>>
Camera flying around a model isn't much of an animation, OP
>>
Hey guys i just made a 3 hour long CGI movie featuring a landscape shot of every city on earth. With 300 different character models, and 100 difrent animals populating the shots.

Oh, you want to see it?
>>
>>563705
>Oh, you want to see it?
not really, keep it to yourself
>>
>>563708
No need for salt OP, just post the animation x
>>
>>563196
If it's previs then that's fine.
Actual passable animation cannot be done that fast
>>
>>563196
"Just did a 3D model in 2 days, am I really fast or what?"

And as for that question, the answer is, it depends what you're animating.
>>
What are the recommended schools/books/tutorials/etc to get into for someone who has zero experience in 3d animation?
>>
>>564067
cgp
>>
>>564067
Learning the 12 principles of animation would be a good start.
>>
>>564067
animator's survival kit I heard was good
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.