[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /3/ think of Quixel? How does it compare to Substance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ogimg2.jpg (127KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ogimg2.jpg
127KB, 1200x630px
What does /3/ think of Quixel? How does it compare to Substance?
>>
Pros

Viewport more accurate than substance. Almost parity with marmoset and unreal.

Has a better brush engine.

Better masking.

Faster than painter when you have loads of folders as it compresses them when you are not using them.

Cons

You cant rotate materials exactly how you want.

Scaling options limited

Difficult to import new models to an exisitng project it often breaks the Id connections so you loose some work.

Limited materials. You have to import a lot of your own stuff or from painter.
>>
>>563135
I've tested Substance on my last work and IMHO Quixel is way better...
>>
>>563141
>
Viewport more accurate than substance. Almost parity with marmoset and unreal
Fuck me, this is one of the truest things I deal with. I only use Substance with Marmoset anymore. OP I personally like Substance programs more but Quixel is a great suite of programs to use - I especially love Megascans.
>>
>>563141
you completely forgot about substance designer which can create materials with endless presets and resolutions and is used by almost every professional that deals with environment art since it have seamless integration with UE4.
>better masking
hows so? you can mask with brush,custom alphas and polygons and ID maps to boot. what else do you need?
>>
>>563158
also i forgot to mention that substance painter have integrated baker which is excellent if you know that right settings. and built in iray renderer with tone mapping
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.