[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vray for sketchup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1493726625052.jpg (52KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493726625052.jpg
52KB, 1280x960px
What is missing to make this cene better?
>>
some bloom
>>
>>562906
he's right
>>
>>562903
Maybe give people more information on what you're rendering with?

Otherwise, this looks like you're rendering with a default cycles, mental ray or even worse iray render.
>>
>>562903
Maybe brighten up the sun light.
It seems pretty low contrast (I think thats the word)
>>
Textures.
>>
to start:
carpet is shit use a reference
sheets on bed not smooth enough and too thin

its also boring as hell to look at. make god rays come through the windows or something
>>
wow awesome works , btw is this blender
>>
>>562903
needs a hot waifu lying in those bedsheets
>>
>>562903
Double objects for carpet under bed, install filmic Blender and mess with the lightning and add more textures to objects.
>>
>>562903
Headboard looks flat. Any normals on it? Might as well use geometry.
>>
>>562916
>Vray
>>
>>563051
What's suddenly wrong with Vray and why are people shitposting about it?
>>
some talent m8 wheeeeey
>>
>>562903
u on the bed ;;)
>>
>>563057
I think its a meme because most people generally used vray to escape the ass that was mental ray built into maya but now arnold is built in so there's no real reason to use vray now.
>>
>>562903
tits
>>
>>563095
I tried installing a student version of max 2018 but it is bugged atm, so I'll wait. I also thought about switching to Arnold, but I'm a noob and don't have much experience so I'm learning Vray with Grant Warwick for now. He mentioned that Arnold hides too much shit from the user, though, so idk if that is good or bad.
>>
>>563111
I went from vray to arnold since it shipped with 2017. I never really found it "hiding" anything though. Did he give examples?
>>
>>563138
Not really, he just mentioned it briefly. I'll have to see it for myself.

I haven't seen many Arnold tutorials yet, though, or maybe I just didn't search enough. I hope that knowledge of making materials and lighting with Vray will transfer to Arnold if/when I make a switch.
>>
>>563111
You're making a bad investment. When Arnold was acquired by Autodesk it became the future.

>>563138
The old Arnold 4 shader is a bit simplified, minimalist and streamlined. With Arnold 5 and alShaders there is a lot more going on.
>>
>>563208
I'm only into 3D for a month or so, student version of 3ds max and pirated Vray. I went through half or warwick's tuts so I don't think I wasted my time (yet). Idk, maybe I'll try pirating 3ds max 2018 because student version doesn't want to open after installation.
>>
>>563208

>You're making a bad investment. When Arnold was acquired by Autodesk it became the future.

Don't be a retard. Evn if what you say is true, concepts learned in one renderer are easily transfered to another, and there are a hell of a lot more and better tutorials available for VRay than for Arnold.
>>
>>562903
Ignoring the nitpicking about the models, what you need is by far better lighting and materials.

Lighting is really assy, it looks like all you've got is a weak ass sun and some faint indirect glow coming from the hdr which is making everything incredibly diffuse. Of course with a lighting setup like that it's gonna look flat, and thus terrible.

Look up archviz renders of bedrooms and pay attention to where the light is coming from. Keep in mind both photographs and 3d artists cheat all the time - there's tons of lights, bounce cards, etc coming off the shot all the time. Also, turn on some lights in the room (including the bedside lamps, but not just them, those are weaksauce and you need lights that will actually be able to somewhat lit a room during the day)
>>
>>563280
I'm this guy >>563228
I installed max 2018 and honestly, Arnold seems so comfy to work with, I enjoy it and it seems more logical. BUT - I can't find almost any tutorial on making shaders with Arnold + 3ds max, and I'm complete noob at that. What I learned with Vray could maybe transfer but I still need some hand holding for that.

Are there any good sites where I can download some free materials made with Arnold I can learn from?
>>
>>563335
Just watch some Maya tutorials. Don't be a Max only autist, you can follow along pretty much one for one. Working in the Hypershade is the same thing as working in the Slate editor. If you you want to learn a lesser used combo like Arnold + Max you need to be flexible in how you get your information. Try Arvid Schneider's tutorials on Youtube.

Here are some presets you can copy.
https://support.solidangle.com/display/ARNTUT/Standard+Material+Presets
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.