[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CGPeers registration is open

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: cg.jpg (3KB, 199x93px) Image search: [Google]
cg.jpg
3KB, 199x93px
IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN
>>
Oh btw, it's open
>>
Sorry for the shitpost, I'm a bit too much enthusiastic right now.
>>
>>562807
Is it open?
>>
Couldn't proceed with registration
(Error: 0xE4000005)
WTF????
>>
How often is freeleech?
>>
Idk guys, I managed to register without problems.

But now the problem is that I can't find much good stuff here. Hmm...
>>
I keep getting error codes in the flavors of 0xE4000002, 0xE4000003 and in my opinion, the spiciest of them all, 0xE4000005.

Same thing when they last opened registrations like, three weeks ago or something.
>>
>>562807
Honest question: What is cgpeers and why should I register for it?
>>
>>562862
It's just a private tracker (so a torrent link repository) with purely CG-related stuff. If you want a piece of software related to the area like Maya or SP2, you'll probably find a seeded torrent of it working on the site, since they enforce a certain ratio of download to upload. Since it's a treehouse sorta deal, you can expect things like up-to-date paid lynda tutorials in there as well.

There's otherwise no real reason if you have money to buy all of your shit, or you have access to student licenses. It's an extra place to go to find shit so you may as well, the problem is that registration is buggy as fuck and half the time you can't even register on the damn thing.
>>
>>562863
Sounds wicked thanks m8
>>
>>562863
They dont enforce shit, everything is freeleech
>>
>>562865
Well I can't register so I can't tell anyway. The registration page says you're supposed to be a good boi so I assumed people played by the rules.

Not that I can think of any way to enforce it, really.
>>
>>562865
Is it really? That's just what I was thinking yesterday. I downloaded one tutorial and it still doesn't show me any minimum ratio I should have, it's just 0. But I really don't want to get fucked like with Audionews because I haven't seed enough.

Btw, for anyone interested, it is still open and it hasn't been for a while, so there's your chance to get in now.
>>
>>562807
Cool, now to wait for CGpersia registration to open back up in 10 years.
>>
>>562867
The .torrent files you download have an identifier in the tracker address so the tracker knows who you are. Ratio drops too much and the tracker stops giving you peers.
>>
>>564333
It says everything is freeleech, required minimum is 0.0 and ratio is infinite now.
>>
Dammit, it's down. Is it dead?
>>
>>564850
It goes down for a day or two every now and then. It better get back up soon I need stuff goddamnit.
>>
CGpersia forum is down again. I sometimes suspect they do this on purpose to push donations but don't qoute me.
>>
>>564853
Except extratorrents and piratebay are also down. Something fucky is happening.
>>
>>562807
so... is the forum registration open too?

there is so much stuff there that isnt in their tracker...
>>
>>564857
>piratebay
TPB is fine.
>>
According to Nex it's not coming back. :/
>>
Aaaand it's up again, lads.
>>
aaaaaaand its closed
>>
>>564918
It's fine again! Jesus, I might just start downloading everything now.
>>
Has anybody downloaded forest pack pro from cgpeers? Is it legit?

Btw, is there at least something similar, but free (for 3ds max)?
>>
>>564950
FPP is great but the ones I checked last time fucked your entire scenes on purpose if you got detected (which most people did). Just buy it and you won't regret, even if later down the line it comes out cracked clean.
>>
>>564973
Good to know that, thanks. Currently I'm using a lite version and it looks really good, but it is very limited.

I don't know if people still create their own vegetation, though. This feels almost like cheating t b h.
>>
I regged, quickly ran it over with my eyes, and what is this site? Is it just a torrent tracker, lol? You guys made it sound like its a must have, yet there are no articles or tutorials unless you type them in specifically (thank yoy very much, im such a pro at CG i will totally know what i need). I may look more into it later, but so far its meh.
>>
>>565064
>he says it's meh just because he doesn't know how to use it nor what to look for

Anyway, if you are that new, of course you won't find it helpful, but once you figure out what you need, you can find a lot of stuff there. It will become useful sooner or later.

You can also find stuff through their forums.
>>
Do programs such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, etc. somehow track their own shit? Say I pirate Maya, will the FBX files I save for it contain any info about my (non-existant) licence? Same for, say, rendering out something as a .tga in Houdini.

I'm still gonna get proper licenses before I start doing anything commercial with them, but would be good to know how careful I have to be about stuff getting around.
>>
>>562807
Better tell us when cgpersia registration is open
>>
Does anyone know if there are other similar websites such as cgpeers?

Seems to be the only one where people share 3D/CG related stuff.
>>
>>565091
>will the FBX files I save for it contain any info about my (non-existant) licence
They will contain some info on the license but they'd probably have to actually examine the file to find out.
>>
>tfw Gnomon Workshop tutorials are literally nothing special
Are there any really good ones out there that I'm not aware of? Those I've watched are not better than a random YT tutorial.
>>
>>565106

It's open.
>>
>>566799
>>565106
I don't get this, are they not the same thing? When I go to torrent search it just sends me to CGPeers login??
>>
>>566812
I don't get it either. I am fairly pissed because i used a email for CGPersia registration a long time ago that is gone now, and i can't access the account anymore. I can't register either and my CGPeers account doesn't work on CGPersia. CGPersia should just open their registration once a month like CGPeers.
>>
>>566812
oh my bad, I misread. It's the first of the month, a month after OP, so cgpeers is open again. I have no fucking idea when cgpersia is open.
>>
>>566828
>>566815
I think we still don't understand each other lol, but my point was that I thought these are the same thing:

http://cgpersia.com/
https://www.cgpeers.com/index.php

Since, if I go to "torrents" section on CGpersia, it takes me to CGpeers, and if I go to a "forum" section from CGpeers, it takes me to CGpersia forums. I don't even see the login/signup form on CGpersia. Could somebody explain?

Hm, I've noticed that it takes me to CGpeers.TO, and I usually go to CGpeers.COM. I can login to both, is that the same shit? Wut.
>>
So I made an account and there seems to be a lot of useful stuff, but how does the whole thing work? Do I need to upload or just seeding is enough to not get my account suspended?
>>
>>566842
Forgot to mention I'm talking about cgpeers
>>
>>566842
>>566843
AFAIK you don't have to seed anything now. There was a time where you had to, but now you can see that every link has "freeleech" tag next to it, and on the top you'll have a required minimum of 0.00. I seeded a bit at first until I realized that.

Hope they won't change the rule, since I've already downloaded so much shit that I'd get fucked with my slow upload.
>>
Question, but what does "Error: 0xE4000005" mean?
>>
Is open again

They don`t have much Daz content, the big packs are nice but the pirate bay has more variety
>>
File: Capture.jpg (10KB, 327x28px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
10KB, 327x28px
>>562828

All the fucking time
>>
>>568138
>>566853
The registration page says it uses a ratio system though?
>>
File: 1438198311966.jpg (69KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
1438198311966.jpg
69KB, 579x329px
>>568222
It does but it's REALLY hard to have low ratio with the amount of freeleech going on.
>>
Registered but I'm not getting a confirmation email checked my spam folder too. I'm guessing this is going to take some time?
>>
>>568238
nvm I got in
>>
CGPeers doesn't have Zbrush 4R8 yet.
>>
>>568245
how do I register on CG persia forums ?
>>
>>568257
also wondering this
>>
WHERE THE FUCK DID IT GO
SHIT
>>
>>568482
rrrrrrrrreeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Why is the site down please I can't live like this
>>
File: FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg (10KB, 300x391px) Image search: [Google]
FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg
10KB, 300x391px
>>568552

You're welcome.
>>
I wonder if xforce is going to bother with zbrush 4r8.

Last time they didnt bother with p3
>>
>>568257
It's closed until the site dies down, too much traffic.
>>
>>568482
>>568552
Fuck guys, it's still down
>>
>>568580
Is that why the site's down now? Please tell me that's why the site's down right now.
>>
Down :/
>>
CGPeers goes down for 12-72hours all the time, newfags, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>562807
Nubs are going to get it shut down you fagget
>>
File: ZBrush4R8.png (217KB, 1085x607px) Image search: [Google]
ZBrush4R8.png
217KB, 1085x607px
>>568245
It has now!
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.