[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feedback on voxel body sculpt.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: Body sculpt 1.png (245KB, 1138x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Body sculpt 1.png
245KB, 1138x1027px
I know voxels are kind of looked down upon these days but I used to really enjoy pixel art and I've started doing some simple game dev stuff so whatever.

This is my first attempt at sculpting a human body with voxels to use as a base for future models. Any thoughts and improvements? Are certain areas too round? Too square? Are the proportions off?
>>
>>562688
If you're modelling a more athletic man I would have more of a disparity between the pectorals and the abdomen area but as it stands it's pretty cute m8
>>
>>562697
As in a bit more depth in the z-axis? Sure I guess.

Thanks for the feedback. Gonna try adding some clothes and hair tomorrow. I think the legs might be a bit short though.
>>
File: body sculpt 2.png (273KB, 1184x1193px) Image search: [Google]
body sculpt 2.png
273KB, 1184x1193px
Second pass. 122 voxels tall
>>
File: body sculpt 2 back.png (275KB, 1223x1137px) Image search: [Google]
body sculpt 2 back.png
275KB, 1223x1137px
>>562847
And a back shot
>>
>>562850
normally people don't have a huge fissure in their back
>>
you could just download a character model and fill it out with your voxels if all you are trying to get right now is a base character.

Its not like this is practise for how to model a 3D character since you dont have to worry with the most important things like topology, so while you would learn a bit on anatomy I dont think that would be enough for you to learn the more detailed aspects of it, and using an already made model would teach you the same while you filled it up and saw how the voxels were shapping up.
>>
>>562943
That's a good idea. I've been using magicavoxel which doesn't support that. Would blender?
>>
File: 91792_max.jpg (11KB, 388x285px) Image search: [Google]
91792_max.jpg
11KB, 388x285px
>>562851
Apologise.
>>
>>563075
that doesn't have the same depth as his asscrack though
>>
>>563077
it ends before it reaches his asscrack though
>>
>>563075
hes flexing you fuck
>>
File: armTopo.png (98KB, 535x696px) Image search: [Google]
armTopo.png
98KB, 535x696px
Hijacking for question

Although this mesh is disproportionate right now, i see a lot of meshes with topology like this where edge loops run across the chest and over the shoulder. I've tried lifting the armpit higher, but it remains impossible to rotate the arm upwards.
I'm using soft select and rotating with a pivot where the shoulder joint would be placed, and can tell this will never deform correctly.
Do people model shoulders like this only if they know the arm would have a large range of motion or is there something i'm missing?
>>
>>563352
The pectoral muscle goes into the front shoulder and stretches with the shoulder
>>
File: pirate.png (137KB, 643x914px) Image search: [Google]
pirate.png
137KB, 643x914px
Ended up moving to a much smaller (64px height) base and created this little Jack Sparrow.

Itt's not perfect, trying to make anything look baggy at this scale doesn't really work, thinner and sleeker boots+arms on my future models.

I'm planning to use a lighting effect similar to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mS7mOcpYj4 in the actual game, which will hopefully give these models a real pixel art feel even at isometric angles.
>>
File: drifter.png (51KB, 605x510px) Image search: [Google]
drifter.png
51KB, 605x510px
>>563509
Here's a shitty little mockup of the drifter from Hyper Light drifter too that I did to test an orthogonal camera.
>>
>>563511
That's sick chum, I love me a hyper light drift
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.